Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carr played on Vossy one night up at the Gabba when we got the points. From memory he kicked 3 on him too that night.

The Mayor of Brisbane - Roger James - took a mark with about 40 seconds to go, scores all tied up and kicked a point. Carr stopped Voss from getting the ball from the kick out at CHB - siren blows. Carr kicked 4 on Voss that night.

Can't find it but someone asked what was the last question that made Voss laugh.

Rucci: You know he's got the Midas touch, you might have that job earlier than you might think

Voss and Ken laugh - Voss: Not here for that.

pinched this from the recently bumped 2006 Best Shirtfront You've Seen? thread. Thanks to TheBrownDog . We have had the bumpee as a coach, tough bastard to get up and play the next week, and bumper, someone who can teach our mids how to dish out some pain. From 1996 game at the Gabba

vossy2.gif

Didnt he break his leg in this clash?

Nope that was in Perth in 1998. He won the brownlow the year he did that bump. He would get 10-12 weeks for that now.

pinched this from the recently bumped 2006 Best Shirtfront You've Seen? thread. Thanks to TheBrownDog . We have had the bumpee as a coach, tough bastard to get up and play the next week, and bumper, someone who can teach our mids how to dish out some pain. From 1996 game at the Gabba

vossy2.gif

What is this? A GIF for ants?

He won the Brownlow in 96 with Hird. Harvey won his second straight in 98.

That's what he's saying. He won the 'low the year he hit Richo in front of Dipper and Wally Lewis in '96. He snapped his leg at Subi in '98.

He won the Brownlow in 96 with Hird. Harvey won his second straight in 98.

I dont think you read the question and my answer. The first sentence related to the broken leg ie where he broke it and what year which was different to that incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A low quality Youtube of the above Voss shirtfront. Maybe could be called a Vossfront.

Thanks SP. I went looking for that when we appointed Richardson but only found it in 5 and 10 minute highlights packages. That was put up in 2009. I like how the channel owner has a picture of Putin. This is the sort of shirt front I thought of when Abbott said he was going to give Putin a shirtfront. Not the rugger bugger grab him by the shirt and give a mouthful type of shirt front.

A low quality Youtube of the above Voss shirtfront. Maybe could be called a Vossfront.

Rite in front of Dippa, that would have been pure footy pr0n for him! I thought I saw his eyes roll back and glaze over with flask backs :)

Rite in front of Dippa, that would have been pure footy pr0n for him! I thought I saw his eyes roll back and glaze over with flask backs :)

The King, Wally Lewis loved it. He just moves his cuppa across his body as Dipper jumps out of his seat in the background. I was living in Qld in 1996 and was watching the game. I think it was the King's first year working for Ch 7 - mainly reading sports on the news. He talked about it after the game and then next day with Bruce on Sportsworld. IIRC he said its as big a hit as he's ever seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back