Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
84010-and-the-truth-shall-set-you-fr-1mqE.gif

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
MOD NOTE: POSTING AN ENTIRE ARTICLE IS AGAINST THE RULES.

It's a subscriber article only. :( and the news.com changes doesn't help either.
THE Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority’s star witness in the case against 34 current and former Essendon footballers gave a written assurance that no peptides imported from a Chinese biochemical company would be used on people.
Vincent Xu, the global sales manager of GL Biochem, one of the world’s largest suppliers of peptides, has revealed to The Australian the details of his dealings with Shane Charter, a self-styled fitness and anti-ageing consultant at the centre of the Essendon supplements saga.
Mr Xu said that when Mr Charter came to Shanghai in November 2011 to visit his sprawling, biochemical manufacturing plant, he claimed to be the representative of a pharmaceutical company looking to buy peptides for research work.
Mr Xu provided Mr Charter with samples of various peptides, including the banned substance Thymosin Beta 4.

Read more:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...tide-at-essendon/story-fnca0u4y-1227107778849

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlo

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
"The ASADA case is heavily reliant on Mr Charter, despite him having no direct knowledge or involvement in Essendon’s 2012 season supplements program."

LOL.

Rich

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"The ASADA case is heavily reliant on Mr Charter, despite him having no direct knowledge or involvement in Essendon’s 2012 season supplements program."

LOL.

Its a poor sentence. I'd suggest that heading over to China to source the gear and bringing it back and delivering to Dank is considered as involvement in Essendon’s 2012 season drugs program.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
So it would appear from the above article that the crux of the ASADA case remains:

• the consent forms refer to "thymosin"
  • 34 players signed consent forms
  • therefore 34 players were administered with TB4
It would appear McDevitt was correct when he publicly stated that there were gaps in ASADA's evidence.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos

LOL.

This statement from Charter is also included in the evidence attached to ASADA's interim report from August last year.

onemancyclone

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
WADA
'It was vitamins'
I'm inclined to believe a manufacturer when they say they don't make a chemical compound. But if an Essendon fan wants to empty the vial on to a table and examine each molecule then go for it I say.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Its a poor sentence. I'd suggest that heading over to China to source the gear and bringing it back and delivering to Dank is considered as involvement in Essendon’s 2012 season drugs program.

If that's the closest connection ASADA can establish between the TB4 and Essendon, then it might remain to far a gap to bridge.

From the evidence attached to ASADA's interim report:

The nominated ‘customer’ for both the Hexarelin and ‘Peptide Thymosin’ are listed on the respective invoices under the heading ‘Description’ as ‘Mrc & Icb (sic). Such references are consistent with the acronyms for Medical Rejuvenation Clinic and Institute of Cellular Bioenergentics respectively, companies where Dank is a director.​

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
If that's the closest connection ASADA can establish between the TB4 and Essendon, then it might remain to far a gap to bridge.

From the evidence attached to ASADA's interim report:

The nominated ‘customer’ for both the Hexarelin and ‘Peptide Thymosin’ are listed on the respective invoices under the heading ‘Description’ as ‘Mrc & Icb (sic). Such references are consistent with the acronyms for Medical Rejuvenation Clinic and Institute of Cellular Bioenergentics respectively, companies where Dank is a director.​

Have you got a link for that

Stumpy Pete

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2003
At the Butterfly Ball
AFL Club
Collingwood
In my mind:

- ASADA are going to have a reasonably strong, but not watertight, case that players were given TB4;
- the problem for EFC will be that they will not have sufficient evidence to counter such a case.

As FuManchu has suggested - they need Dank to come forward with the information that saves them, if it exists.

Regards

S. Pete

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
So it would appear from the above article that the crux of the ASADA case remains:

It would appear McDevitt was correct when he publicly stated that there were gaps in ASADA's evidence.
So I guess the case is all over for ASADA. Might as well pack up their bags, switch off the lights.....

Essendon and or Dank have receipts for thymomodulin.

Oh wait, they don't have receipts for thymomodulin.

But even if they lost the receipts for the thymomodulin, they surely would have the name of the supplier and they could come forth and give evidence for the purchase of thymomodulin.

Oh wait! They don't have the name of a supplier for thymomodulin! There is no witness for the supply of thymomodulin!

So now we have a conundrum GG. We have players admitting to taking "thymosin". The only thymosin that Dank can show he purchased is TB-4. The only thymosin on his own website is TB-4. The only evidence of thymomodulin is a dodgy photo of a single ampoule and a statement by the team captain saying what was used looked similar to that dodgy photo. But the team is confident that what was used was thymomodulin. I wish I could believe them but they are not filling me with great confidence. Surely they have some evidence that they purchased the "good thymosin"?

I just wish they'd show us.....

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

GG we are way over the bridge already.
And do you expect the receipts would be made out in big letters "ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB - but don't tell anyone!"
You obviously have not been exposed to the illegal drug world or criminality of any kind. Heck, naivety is kind of cute.

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney

Your understanding of evidence is so pathetic you should be embarrassed.

This one piece of Evidence confirms that Charter was only supplied with TB4 by GL Biochem and Charter supplied TB4 to ALAVI ,it discounts ALAVI's argument that he was not sure what it was.

It also confirms the "Thymosin" listed on the invoice to Essendon as TB4 and also confirms that the "Thymosin" written on the consent forms matches the name of the substance ALAVI supplied on the invoice.

Seems like a pretty handy piece of evidence to me but hey you are an evidence expert right.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back