Intermittent fasting

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm starting a three day fast tomorrow. One BPC a day. That's it.

You will love it. I have in the past done 4 day fasts with 2 BP coffee and 1 BP cacao. You wait when you have your first small meal, you will feel like Superman.
I still dont have the courage to go more than 36 h. I worry that if I go to work or work out during the fast I'll be compromising my performance somehow. Do you have a job that allows you to be flexible with when you work or do you just work in the middle of a 4 day fast (hope you dont mind me asking!)

You will love it. I have in the past done 4 day fasts with 2 BP coffee and 1 BP cacao. You wait when you have your first small meal, you will feel like Superman.

Do you mean 2 BPs a day or over the whole 4 days? I was wondering how it would be if I made a thermos full of BP coffee and whenever I am feeling the hunger pains over the three days to have a little bit.

So, the first day of my three day fast. I've brought a thermos of BPC with me to work so will just sip on that if I feel hungry. I usually go to the gym on Thursday afternoon. Should I still work out during this fast? I can imagine I'll be ravenously hungry afterwards if I do.

So, the first day of my three day fast. I've brought a thermos of BPC with me to work so will just sip on that if I feel hungry. I usually go to the gym on Thursday afternoon. Should I still work out during this fast? I can imagine I'll be ravenously hungry afterwards if I do.

It can be very beneficial to end a fast with a workout, don't expect any PB's , & you possibly won't be ravenously Hungary after wards.
A HIIT session would be better for fatloss n muscle preservation.

Some whey or amino acids prior will help & 30 minutes post.

I ended up going to the gym and doing a HIIT session. Felt hungry afterwards but am home now sipping on a BPC coffee with cacao. Feeling really good.

What I'm really surprised at is that before this diet I would have had a hypo for sure going this long without food, especially with exercise. I think I have had one hypo since I started this diet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I'm really surprised at is that before this diet I would have had a hypo for sure going this long without food, especially with exercise. I think I have had one hypo since I started this diet.

Your becoming more insulin resistant hence not going hypo.

I read some consistent data on caffeine post exercise, it can effect mTor, yet caffein pre exercise can boost mTor.

If consuming caffein post exercise or gym is something you are going to consistently do then do some research on caffeine effects on mTor.

You could always a decaf BP coffee or BP Tea / Hot choc post activity if drinking for its no carb beneifits more so than the caffein.

I read some consistent data on caffeine post exercise, it can effect mTor, yet caffein pre exercise can boost mTor.

If consuming caffein post exercise or gym is something you are going to consistently do then do some research on caffeine effects on mTor.

You could always a decaf BP coffee or BP Tea / Hot choc post activity if drinking for its no carb beneifits more so than the caffein.

I doubt I will do it consistently. I usually only drink coffee in the morning and workout in the afternoon. I only had one tonight because I'm fasting. But I will just have a cocoa one in the evening in the future when fasting.

I workout first thing in the morning and will have a BP coffee post workout usually followed by another coffee after a fast breaking meal.

It seems the only way to prevent the negative effects of post workout caffeine consumption is to more frequently workout after work which at the moment isn't possible :cry:

Day two of my three day fast. Yesterday was easier than I thought. Should I break the fast on the evening of day 3, since technically that would be 72 hours, or the next morning?

If you can make it through the night without wanting to blow the world up, can't see how it would hurt

Day two of my three day fast. Yesterday was easier than I thought. Should I break the fast on the evening of day 3, since technically that would be 72 hours, or the next morning?
You have come this far, go the extra distance its worth it.

I usually go 8pm Sun night and have my first "light" meal 1pm Fri.

This is a theory out there that fasting beyond 72 hours is when your body enters starvation mode which can have its detrimental effects.

It's all trial n error.

All the science that I've read on IF suggests that after 48 hours you are starting to break down muscle as well as fat. That's why I've always kept my fasts to below 40 hours.

Losing a little muscle is fine if you're a 20 something mesomorph but if your a late 40s ecto all gainz are precious.

72+ hour fasts are fantastic, and one of the greatest things your can do your for health and longevity, but you have to see them for what they are: a cleansing, detoxing, body reset period. You dont want to be adding extra stressors like heavy weightlifting or hardcore HIIT. Save that for your shorter fasts in my view.

The guys who have been administering the long-term fasting resorts, some of them with decades of experience, all get their clients to just lie around and do as little moving as possible.

Let autophagy weave its magic. Losing fat is just a side benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back