Preview FFC 2015 Fixture. (An early view)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather combine it by going to the footy on a Saturday night and go out afterwards.

That's why Saturday nights are better for atmosphere. People are already on the piss. It also doesn't interfere with most peoples jobs or junior/amateur sports either.

I'm pretty happy with our fixture. There's a few oddities, a couple too many Sunday games, but it's a massive upgrade on the farce of a fixture we had last year. It's about as minimal travel as possible with no NSW games, and only the one QLD. No back-to-back 6 day breaks. And the hard & "easy" teams are nicely spaced so we'll have to play a consistent brand of footy all year, and there's no string of easy games to get complacent. I do think we get a bit ripped off with the Geelong at SS & Hawks at AU considering both those games will attract a bigger crowd than a lot of dual-victorian MCG games did in 2014.

I think if we want a better fixture than this in 2016 we better have a ripper of a 2015 and earn the right to the blockbuster time-slots, and MCG crowds. NO EXCUSES

What?

Keep up the excuses. That's what s**t teams are made of. You will never get a luxury run with injuries, a good draw, flights leaving on time... that's not the way anything works. Why hope for it and use anything but it as an excuse? Freo's injury woes weren't that bad.

The team has fundamental issues. Still. That's what is limiting us from a flag

Your off your head.

Hawks,port,swans and norf all basically had their best 22 on the ground PF week.

In this comp if you don't field your best 22 or near on when the whips are cracking,seeya later.

Quote of the off season goes to Trevor Nisbett for his comment on the Eagles fixture...

'Sure we get to play sides who were outside of the 8, however that is what happens when you finish 9th.

We'd prefer to finish in the finals and play the top 4 teams twice. Though in some ways it can be harder playing teams outside the 8 as they are on the improve'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well safe to say it's not the best fixture but certainly not the worst.

As a supporter without Foxtel though, looks like plenty of time to be spent at sports bars this season....3 games on FTA all year in my opinion is an absolute farce. Really, by fan-friendly, Gil was referring to supporters of Victorian teams.

From a teams perspective the double ups are good, playing Sydney in Perth is a bloody miracle but Hawks in Launceston is a downside. Would honestly prefer to swap Port twice with Geelong but oh well, not to be.

From a supporters perspective, could be better especially with regards to the lack of FTA.

Well safe to say it's not the best fixture but certainly not the worst.

As a supporter without Foxtel though, looks like plenty of time to be spent at sports bars this season....3 games on FTA all year in my opinion is an absolute farce. Really, by fan-friendly, Gil was referring to supporters of Victorian teams.

From a teams perspective the double ups are good, playing Sydney in Perth is a bloody miracle but Hawks in Launceston is a downside. Would honestly prefer to swap Port twice with Geelong but oh well, not to be.

From a supporters perspective, could be better especially with regards to the lack of FTA.
Every team should get a least 5 FTA games in my opinion. How else are they suppose to attract interstate members/fans if they never see them play? I understand Collingwood are located in Melbourne (not that it should matter) but to have one team have 15+ FTA games while another team (who has made the top 4 in the past two years and played off in a grand final) only gets 3. AFL, pfffttt it's still VFL.

Sorry but I love Sunday games, I can go to Shark Park or Peel on Saturday and then the AFl Sunday. But I'm old and a late Saturday night for me is if there is more 4 cars at red rooster at tea time.

With my useless tipping skills, I give us 13 wins, 1 loss, and 8 x 50/50 games. It's not going to be easy, but I think it's a reasonably fair draw. Gives us a decent chance for top 2/4, but we're going to need to snare quite a few wins from the tricky away games against Geelong, Adelaide, Richmond, North, Port and GC.

Looks like a good fixture, tough but fair. Assuming Hawks, Port and Sydney will be three of the top 4 we are really in competition with North, Richmond, Geelong and maybe a couple of others like Gold Coast and Adelaide for the other spot. Geelong copped a shocker of a draw which has to be good for us, and we get North and Richmond twice so can really put them away if we are good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back