Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
A post on the EDFL thread with someone asking the question on what they think will happen in the Sherman matter:

Bluejet the news is well known to everyone you don't have to be on the inside with this one.

Just like the post above re the Eddie McGuire/Eade news http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...odney-eade-heads-to-suns-20141028-11d82h.html the clubs will try and work it out, if they can't my understanding is Sherman will not be cleared by PVFC to KY FC for 2015, and Sherman either plays at PVFC or stands out of footy for 2015.

Ky will put in a clearance request in Feb when these things happen and it will get knocked back, then KY will look to appeal but will need to establish grounds, such as the contract was invalid because of X, Y & Z and it will end up at AFL Victoria because its an inter league matter. Last time I was privy to a matter identical to this, AFL Victoria ruled the player contract was valid and binding and said goodbye sort it out.

The club on the other side of the matter then decided once they couldn't get it to happen for free negotiated and it happened anyway. Most clubs bypass all that crap because they know where it ends up anyway and they just do the deal. Simple stuff really Bluejet.

Really it is in KY & Sherman's hands as far as I can tell as too which path this all heads down.

That's my take.
Case this season seen a player in a valid and unbreached contract , cleared at a appeal to AFL Vic Country against a decision by AFL Vic appeals board not to clear him . It does happen just for to go a little further .

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cant believe the Ky board would appoint a bloke that allegedly wanted that much money but isn't going to live in the town , coaching gvl is nearly a full time job these days a lot more than just taking Thursday night training and playing , be interesting to see how it all works .

The answer to the Kyabram coaching dilemma and the potential part time nature of the 2015 incumbent is really only a phone call away... The KFC (and possibly the fried chicken franchise) needs to take out membership with club11.com.au/justin-sherman/ and suddenly they have a full time coach specializing in resistance training, muscle gain, a specialized strength and conditioning regimen as well as training for a specific sport ... (I am guessing the Bombers would a prefer a footy focus ...)

Fees are not quoted on the website.

http://www.club11.com.au/justin-sherman/ Motto: "The harder you work, the luckier you get."

"Anyone that is looking to further improve and better themselves can benefit from Justin Sherman’s personal training. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle, maintain a healthy lifestyle or train for a specific sport, Justin Sherman can help".

"Resistance training should be a part of everyone’s training program. Regardless of whether or not you want to lose weight or gain muscle, we all could be stronger. Justin will take you through the most relevant strength and conditioning exercises to increase and enhance performance and realise your potential."

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe they shot that dog prematurely, could have been anything if the sherminator got hold of him , tink about dat .

That was an example of an allegory. Will leave you with an analogy in relation to your last post. It's from the film The Untouchables, and while not a direct quote as I don't wish to racially villify Italians, you might catch the meaning. Along the lines of:
'It's best to not bring a knife to a gunfight ...' :)

rochy tigers1

Rookie
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
That was an example of an allegory. Will leave you with an analogy in relation to your last post. It's from the film The Untouchables, and while not a direct quote as I don't wish to racially villify Italians, you might catch the meaning. Along the lines of:

Is this still a football forum?

KeepItSimple

Rookie
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Silver Tongue & Onepercentre you guys should start a blog on Country Footy, good value, definitely a good chuckle.

At least the Sherman fiasco that dragged me like old Yeller into the Goulburn Valley Forum, yielded something other than my blood curdling obdurate attempts to seek justice have! Nothing:)

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Silver Tongue & Onepercentre you guys should start a blog on Country Footy, good value, definitely a good chuckle.

At least the Sherman fiasco that dragged me like old Yeller into the Goulburn Valley Forum, yielded something other than my blood curdling obdurate attempts to seek justice have! Nothing:)

Yes Simple our attempts at humour have received the gentle roar of crickets ... tough crowd! :)

Been reading your posts on the EDFL forum with interest in relation to the Sherman matter and notions of contracted players as opposed to playing locals and associated issues. The responses from others started at hostile and elevated to histrionic although the silence on there today suggests figuratively `cues have been placed in the rack`. We wait with interest to see how that Sherman contractual matter is negotiated.

jaggo

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
lancaster
AFL Club
Essendon
Albury still working hard on Mellington. Looking more likely he won't be with the Saints next year.
James Sullivan leaving the kennel and has signed with Golden Square.
Kyabram's list looking thin. Strong talk of Jake Reeves heading to Maribrynong Park. Also likely to lose their 2014 B and F with both O and M and Bendigo league teams in the hunt.
Xav Hilton heading OS in 2015, will also put a further dent in their depth.
Interesting times ahead for the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Albury still working hard on Mellington. Looking more likely he won't be with the Saints next year.
Kyabram's list looking thin. Strong talk of Jake Reeves heading to Maribrynong Park. Also likely to lose their 2014 B and F with both O and M and Bendigo league teams in the hunt.

Reeves has signed with Marby Park!

foxtrot36

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2010
echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
just another rebuild good juniors in all grades
plenty of time put in to ensure a bright future

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't think this one is quite over the line yet as the board have put a few prerequisites to Donka that both parties are yet too agree too... should be more clearer in the next week

I will guess from afar and say the club want the coach to

1. Reduce spending on players or remove them from the club.
2. Develop younger players
3. Play finals

Am I close as every other club has to do the same?

pinocchio

Senior List
Apr 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't think this one is quite over the line yet as the board have put a few prerequisites to Donka that both parties are yet too agree too... should be more clearer in the next week
No its not over the line at all, Im hearing a few people at the kennel are not happy with a few things that Brendan has done, they wanted Henderson but missed out, tried to get another and missed out? Im not sure what happens from here? And quite a few departing including Linc Wellington the captain out to Merrigum.

cloudstreet

Debutant
Dec 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Greensboroughs premiership captain Tim Bonghetti is said to be going to Seymour on the NFL big footy.A really good get for Seymour,hes a great player although a bit of a hot head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back