List Mgmt. 2015 ruckmen

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the few times I believe Scott made an error.

Other then letting them keep kelly hidden in a back pocket, other thing you may remember is during the last quarter the ammount of times he persisted with the kids (sel,caddy,guthrie) against hodge, mitchell, burgoyne etc. Its fantastic for their development, but if you look at how hawthorn dominated in the middle to win a flag this year was because the old boys really stood up, simmilar to a few of ours in 2011. We may be better placed in the future because of it, but sometimes i wonder about scotty.

He is a prospect. To clarify any doubts on his height he states he is 201cm.

Maybe he had an afro and that got him to the reported 204cm.

I used to have bushy hair and it added 2.5cm to my school measuring day, and as someone who is vertically challenged it was awesome... For one day at least I was 6 foot:)

Just in relation to the Blicavs Hill Debate. Is it possible that Blicavs is being unfairly criticised simply because he was the only one who gave chase to hill, because the likes of kelly were cooked, and couldn't? So Blicavs leaves his man to be minded by a kelly and gives chase to his team mates man.

Just a theory.

Just in relation to the Blicavs Hill Debate. Is it possible that Blicavs is being unfairly criticised simply because he was the only one who gave chase to hill, because the likes of kelly were cooked, and couldn't? So Blicavs leaves his man to be minded by a kelly and gives chase to his team mates man.

Just a theory.

No, it's because he was put on an opponent he was totally unsuited too, mostly because the coaches seem to suffer from the same delusion plenty of fans do. Just because we want a player to be good in a certain position (and this is certainly not limited to Blicavs), it doesn't mean he actually is. And for two consecutive finals series the coaches have discovered this unpleasant reality in the worst possible way.

Just a theory P, mainly comes from the fact that the only time I noticed Blicavs playing on hill in that game was when he was chasing him down the wing.

Its all elementary anyway, I think its fair to assume that the club and our players learned alot more from that game than any single key board warrrior. Of course mistakes will always be made, it is how you learn and grow. Was I upset at the time, sure, but I am extremely optimistic about our future prospects, especially with Blicavs given his proven ability to grow as a player. I am sure that wherever he ends up he will prove to be more of a help than a hinderance in any game.

Blitz entered a marathon with Sel and Thurlow. Looks like it is also part of the pre-season fitness thing.

Versatile Cat Mark Blicavs is not letting the recruitment of two ruck/forwards worry him about selection in 2015.

Ex-Saint Rhys Stanley and Ex-Demon Mitch Clark both joined the Cats in the AFL trade period and will look to play predominantly as forwards with some ruck work. But Blicavs, who plays a similar role to the two, sees the recruitments as a good thing.

Speaking with news.com.au, Blicavs said he was ready for the challenge.

“Competition is what you need, it pushes you really well so we are looking forward to it.” Blicavs said.

“It’s fantastic with both of them (Clark and Stanley), they can play forward and in the ruck so it’s just another option along with ‘Hawk’ (Tom Hawkins).

“It gives us more versatility as well. It’s really exciting to see what those two can bring to the team.’’

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2014-11-03/new-duo-drives-blicavs

I suppose if the competition did get in the way he could always run through one of them at training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe next year Blicavs needs to have the captain replaced with either Caddy or Walker - I could be mistaken, but over recent years when the club has taken the non-veteran players away on training camps to places like Falls Creek, Caddy's & Walkers names sticking out as guys who dominated the bike rides and smashed their teammates; might be a better option then the guy who admitted he hadn't ridden a bike for 18 months.

Blicavs killed the running, the other guys let him down.

Especially the skipper for incurring a 3 minute penalty for riding too close to the guy in front of him. :oops:

Blicavs killed the running, the other guys let him down.

Cycling is incredibly tough, us aussie's really don't understand these individual sports unless you've raced you just don't understand, it kills.
Still if he had a 3min drafting penalty he would've probably dropped 15-20 places at least. So he's gone reasonably well.

Having come from elite running I was hoping Mark would go mid to high 35's, but mid 37's was down on what I would have expected. But then he's only a football player these days I'm forgetting.

Marks run time brought them up, but Joel and Jackson would've been out of their depth so to speak, as far as the pointy end goes. All good training though, there's a big difference between footy and individually timed sports.

Last edited:
I am hoping to complete my first olympic distance triathlon over the summer, and I am aiming for the kind of splits that Joel and Jackson achieved. I know I won't get near to Marks split. They did well for amateurs in the sport.

I am hoping to complete my first olympic distance triathlon over the summer, and I am aiming for the kind of splits that Joel and Jackson achieved. I know I won't get near to Marks split. They did well for amateurs in the sport.

That's awesome 4quarter, I just love running and riding, I've never been a swimmer unfortunately, but heaps of respect to those that do.
It's great split of the disciplines the Olympic distance.
Have you targeted a particular event yet? I know Geelong has a number of Tri's over summer, it's a great place to be for all those Olympic sports.
I hoping to get to Ballarat for the Road Nationals and might try to get to the Tour Down Under later.
I know Ironman Races have a non-draft policy but I think Olympic Distance races may allow at times, obviously theirs was non-draft and Joel paid a 3 min penalty.
As for your running, try 3-4x1km with full recov, then 5-6 min break and repeat. This will speed your 1km splits up over the 10 km journey.
If you want to get tough on yourself you can then start split timing your recovery down.
Start with 3 then progress to 4.
What sort of bike do you have?
Cheers, and all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back