News 2015 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Vic full blooded member living in Qld so I can't whinge about the number of Vic games as I generally won't get to go to many anyway, but not fair on those living in Vic.
My biggest whinge is the soft games in the lead up to the finals. This in my opinion was part if the prob this year, but will be worse in 2015. Need some good tough MCG battles pre-finals to get us in the zone !!

Well said Bruce, that stuck it up him.
Stuck it up him? I enjoyed the conversation with him, two people similar back ground different points of view and never any hard feelings
And that's your response,"that stuck it up him" disappointing comment I actually expected a little more from you than that, we are allowed to debate and have differing opinions at least he had the decency to add some background,thought & depth.
There is no sticking it up any one, Terrible comment

Last edited:
I wasn't meaning to lecture so forgive me if it came across as that.

My point was, and yes I'll still pay up, that we pay for what is on the fixture then find ourselves shafted as the year goes by. So this year what you're seeing are Vic supporters like me saying "It's not just that it's only 5 Victorian games, but one is already a write off and another we'll get shafted on seats anyway." Plus there's the Grand Final ticketing experience.

We pay for what is supposed to be a membership experience, but have you ever tried to get into Etihad for an Essendon game? Why aren't they at the MCG? Why is the Geelong game not at Etihad? Why deliberately schedule a match at a stadium that you know won't hold the crowd when there are two alternative stadiums that will?

I'm not so much having a go at the Swans, more at the AFL who are simply snubbing 10,000 paying members.

By the way, I'm one of ten Swans family full blooded gold members. Mum isn't in it. She's Carlton.
Cheers mate, I actually do get to Bombers game and maybe just been lucky.
I agree on the point about playin Cats at Etihad by way of that's the type of ground for bigger games.
Appreciate the convo mate, fully understand where your coming from and I suppose I come from a slightly different motivation when buying my membership.
Happy to let it sit here, different points of view with the same interest at heart
I got to ask though, what's the go with ya mum? Carlton?
Cheers and once again never any hard feelings,appreciate the convo & respect your point of view
Cheer cheers

Last edited:
Sorry this will sound harsh.
You have to be kidding about whinging that Geelong are playing their home game against us in Geelong rather than at a neutral ground like Etihad. Given Geelong have a tough draw there is probably a reason why we are playing them in Geelong.
Granted they could get a slightly bigger crowd if played at Etihad but by how much?

For those complaining about the lack of games in Melbourne, do you propose they take home games away from SCG/ANZ?

It's a *ing disgrace Glenn!
We used to get 7 including Geelong at Geelong.
Now we get 4 in Melbourne, one in Geelong where you need to pay way overs to get a seat.
I've paid for a platinum m'ship for 2 adults ($345 each) & 3 concessions ($268 each) since it's been available.....nearly $1,500.
On top of that we've had to upgrade a seat at Etihad when we've played the Bombers etc.

I don't want to come across as having to much of a whinge but this is really not good enough. They need to give us 5 Melbourne games at least, not including Geelong. There are 10 Vic based clubs for goodness sake.

Apologies if you think that is value for my money!

I must add that we just can't get to the Geelong game.
So 4 games for 5 members.....................that's an average of $75 each per game for my family.

I'll still be a member but It won't be platinum.

The m'ship will drop this year in Melbourne.

I must add that we just can't get to the Geelong game.
So 4 games for 5 members.....................that's an average of $75 each per game for my family.

I'll still be a member but It won't be platinum.

The m'ship will drop this year in Melbourne.
Have no doubt the Vic membership will drop back to around the 8k mark this year. I for one will not be cancelling my membership but I will certainly be crunching the numbers and looking at downgrading to a cheaper package (which, as I have said earlier, may well be a non-entry supporter membership). While we won't ever see the breakdown of membership types, I guarantee it will be skewed to the lower end as opposed to this year. I can see that is the only way to get the message through.

I absolutely agree with you, 4 matches in Melbourne, one being an afternoon match (correct if I am wrong) and 1 in Geelong its frustrating. Especially for those down here in Melbourne.
Yep, 4 games on Saturday night including the one in Geelong. Living in Melbourne's outer south east, that would mean getting home around 1am if you could get a ticket in the first place. The one arvo game is actually the Sunday late game meaning families getting home at around 8 on a school night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a ruddy disgrace Glenn!
We used to get 7 including Geelong at Geelong.
Now we get 4 in Melbourne,
one in Geelong where you need to pay way overs to get a seat.
I've paid for a platinum m'ship for 2 adults ($345 each) & 3 concessions ($268 each) since it's been available.....nearly $1,500.
On top of that we've had to upgrade a seat at Etihad when we've played the Bombers etc.

I don't want to come across as having to much of a whinge but this is really not good enough. They need to give us 5 Melbourne games at least, not including Geelong. There are 10 Vic based clubs for goodness sake.

Apologies if you think that is value for my money!

This is because of the expansion clubs getting games in Melbourne and us playing an extra game in Sydney and an extra game in Queensland? Maybe the club should offer some sort of deal on 'interstate' tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back