Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you find a bigger campaigner that cRowe (besides Olsen & Co.)
The man is a Prawn. I have never heard that amount of utter bulldust bellow out of an orifice before in all my life.

True.

Stupid is basically neutralised by having Kane "tag" him on radio. Kane is making him look obviously stupid, the level of embarrass is making his Cows ambassadorship almost an asset for us (in the way Trigg was an asset for Port in some respects). And don't bring prawns into it. Prawns have some nutritional value.

Kochie & Keith are heavy hitters compared to Kane yet it takes a serious amount of their time and resource to battle the incremental damage Olsen & Whicker do to our club every day. Whicker in particular has a 25 year track record. Biggest campaigner of all time since Hitler kicked off Operation Barbarossa in 1941.

The article on afl.com uses one of KT's quotes to turn an infamous comment back on the originators.

Where does the pie go?
"We got our budgeted uplift … [but that] was based on a performance significantly lower than we delivered at the oval in regards to attendances and all those sorts of things," Thomas said.
"So there was a lot of additional revenue that the AFL clubs haven't necessarily shared in.
"It's really talking about that; where does the whole pie go?"
Where does the pie go?

So does anyone want to take a guess at what the extra revenue created is?

We budgeted a $3.8 million increase at 32,000 ave crowd.

Crows budgeted $3 mill at 38,000.

So an average of 12,000 and 10,000 went through the gates every week. Does anyone want to have a guess at what that extra revenue is? I honestly cant imagine that the staffing levels would have gone up that much. The SMA would have pretty much had every food outlet open regardless, the fixed costs wouldn't change much, so you'd think at a certain point it's all profit, so does anyone want to take a stab?? Because it seems that every extra cent is going to those SANFL campaigners. We are essentially printing money for them. At this point I actually don't want a compromise. I want them to say no go, then we and the Crows expose their greed. WTF are these "mistruths" Stupid goes on about? That the SANFL aren't profiteering from the good work of the 2 AFL clubs? What?

Surely the state government steps in at some point and cleans this up, if a half billion of tax payers dollars does not result in both our AFL clubs being financially successful then heads have to roll.

Surely the state government steps in at some point and cleans this up, if a half billion of tax payers dollars does not result in both our AFL clubs being financially successful then heads have to roll.

You would hope ... I'm not holding my breath tho

So an average of 12,000 and 10,000 went through the gates every week. Does anyone want to have a guess at what that extra revenue is? I honestly cant imagine that the staffing levels would have gone up that much. The SMA would have pretty much had every food outlet open regardless, the fixed costs wouldn't change much, so you'd think at a certain point it's all profit, so does anyone want to take a stab?? Because it seems that every extra cent is going to those SANFL campaigners. We are essentially printing money for them. At this point I actually don't want a compromise. I want them to say no go, then we and the Crows expose their greed. WTF are these "mistruths" Stupid goes on about? That the SANFL aren't profiteering from the good work of the 2 AFL clubs? What?

It is hilarious isn't it.

Both clubs clean up on attendances by a total of roughly 110000 (Crows) and 132000 (Port) people over the projections - with all their associated spend - and that money disappears into the SMA's coffers with the SANFL still claiming whitehaired innocence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the reverse clean stadium deal.
We (both clubs) fill the stadium and they clean up.

How do we get rid of Olsen and Wicker ... they're still the problem!!!!!!?????

I think Rowey said a 3.8mil uplift from last year and KT said a tad over that.

How do we get rid of Olsen and Wicker ... they're still the problem!!!!!!?????

No they're not. It's the entire system that's at fault. Olsen is merely a figurehead, a willing servant of his masters on the SA Football Conmission. Ie, the SANFL clubs. This culture of greed is deeply ingrained. One drops off the perch, he's replaced by another.

THE REVIEW of the stadium deal at Adelaide Oval is nearing completion, with Power CEO Keith Thomas expecting a result in the next two weeks.

KT (Kasually Trolling)

Its the reverse clean stadium deal.
We (both clubs) fill the stadium and they clean up.

Primitive Greed versus Logical Incentive
Reminds me of a golden rule I was taught somewhere along my learning curve in the commercial world.
We imported engineering plant and equipment. The typical agency agreement we were sent at the start of any deal with a manufacturer who was interested in signing us as their agent would establish that our remuneration would be, say: 10% on the first $10 million worth of sales, 7.5% on the next $10 million, 5% on the rest.
This was a disincentive to perform to our maximum ability. But it was standard.
We would go back and ask for a reversal of scale: 5% rising to 7.5% and 10% on everything over $20 million.
We didn't always get it, but sometimes we did.
When we did, we worked harder, we hired more sales personnel, the manufacturer exported more to our market, became a brand leader...
(...then he fired us, moved in and set up his own office, poached all our sales staff.)

Could you find a bigger campaigner that cRowe (besides Olsen & Co.)
The man is a Prawn. I have never heard that amount of utter bulldust bellow out of an orifice before in all my life.

More
Pawn.jpg

than
Prawn-1.jpg

No they're not. It's the entire system that's at fault. Olsen is merely a figurehead, a willing servant of his masters on the SA Football Conmission. Ie, the SANFL clubs. This culture of greed is deeply ingrained. One drops off the perch, he's replaced by another.

There's absolutely no shame in it either. Despite their business model already being obsolescent by 1990 - hence our bid - it's 25 years later and they still believe they have a divine right to the lion's share of AFL revenues, while we're a mob of scabby ingrates who have the temerity to access the very monies we ourselves generate.

Bloody Port, forever consigning jewel-encrusted blockbusters like Torrens-South to history's dustbin.

There's absolutely no shame in it either. Despite their business model already being obsolescent by 1990 - hence our bid - it's 25 years later and they still believe they have a divine right to the lion's share of AFL revenues, while we're a mob of scabby ingrates who have the temerity to access the very monies we ourselves generate.

Bloody Port, forever consigning jewel-encrusted blockbusters like Torrens-South to history's dustbin.

I wish I could like this more than once. There is no argument that the SANFL needs funding, but it's reason for existence should now predominantly to be to develop players for the AFL system. To that end, I'd love the AFL to pick up the ball and fund it, spreading the burden across all AFL clubs and the national competition. I don't see why the SA clubs solely need to carry a state competition that aspires to be something they don't need or necessarily endorse.

Fears at SANFL clubs that they would become irrelevant under a change like this are ridiculously too late.

I found Fagan's comments on the AO deal really refreshing. Finally someone form the tri colours willing to stand beside us and call oout the SANFL for what they are - a bunch of greedy campaigners!

As much as it was a good laugh to watch Trigg stumble through a career of mediocrity, I can't help but think it will be a benefit to Port to have a decent administrator running things down at West Lakes, particularly whilst we are in negotiations over this AO deal.

Once the review has been completed if, and I realise this is a big if, it is decided we should be getting a greater return, what happens to the additional funds that have already been siphoned off from day 1? Wasn't the original review meant to be in July? Shouldn't any change at least apply from then at the latest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back