The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You weren't stating facts you are and continue to be talking s**t.

None of that is Grant's role. We pay others to do exactly what you are asking. I'm not sure how many other ways I can explain that to you. Perhaps I should try interpretive dance...
You can continue the personal tirade against me if it makes you feel adequate.

Why did Griffen by-pass the football director and go direct to Gordon?

What the football director know? When did he know it? And What did he do about it?

Simple questions and we dint have any answers.

You can continue the personal tirade against me if it makes you feel adequate.

Why did Griffen by-pass the football director and go direct to Gordon?

What the football director know? When did he know it? And What did he do about it?

Simple questions and we dint have any answers.
It's not personal. I'm attacking your opinions not you.

Those questions make no sense as that is not his job. That is the job of others.
Griffen went to Gordon because that's who he should have gone to. Grant knew about as much as anyone else on the board as it wasn't his job to know more. It was Garlick and Lowe's job.

You weren't stating facts you are and continue to be talking s**t.

None of that is Grant's role. We pay others to do exactly what you are asking. I'm not sure how many other ways I can explain that to you. Perhaps I should try interpretive dance...
They pay others to do the job at the Suns too
But Malcolm blight doesn't let that stop him

What I love about all this is the club isn't letting anything out. Seems journo's are just guessing atm with every one of them saying it's going to be someone different lol.
Agreed. The club used to leak like a sieve and now we keep things very very tight indeed. Sign of good management and a step forward for the club IMO.

I would love for 50 to 100 supporters to sit down for a day with Gordon and Garlic and have a frank discussion re the operational and financial circumstances the club is in.

They can even charge us a fee to attend. it would help us as minor stakeholders understand the rationale behind the decisions.

If we end up with an untried coach again...

We dont have the administration and support for another untried coach.

That's what an Annual General meeting is for. If Members can't get their act together enough to formulate and ask the relevant questions and insist on answers, then they can't complain that they are kept in the dark.

I think yebiga is the kind of bloke who would complain about getting $5,000,000 cause he got it in $50 notes.
That's ridiculous. He has been one of the most positive posters on this board over the years I've been reading. It was only the recent absolute s**t storm that flew through our club a couple of weeks ago that has set him off. Quite rightly too I say.

Dogs consider Sumich and two more
Peter Ryan October 31, 2014 8:40 AM

273872-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Fremantle assistant Peter Sumich is being considered by the Bulldogs

RELATED
THE WESTERN Bulldogs are comfortable for their young players to return to training next Wednesday before a senior coach has been appointed.

The club's first-to-fourth-year players are due to return to the club on November 5 with the senior players due back 12 days later on November 17.

The coaching selection committee, that includes Chris Grant, John Worsfold, Luke Darcy, Graham Lowe and Simon Garlick, has met and spent the past week speaking to people within the football industry and identifying potential candidates for the job.

AFL.com.au understands the candidates under consideration for the job include Fremantle assistant coach Peter Sumich, Western Bulldogs assistant Brett Montgomery and newly appointed St Kilda director of coaching Luke Beveridge.

Beveridge is holidaying overseas with his family and, despite reports, is understood to have declined to be involved in the selection process for the Gold Coast job.

St Kilda has not been made aware of any desire of the Bulldogs to speak to the 44-year-old. Beveridge played with Mebourne, St Kilda and the Bulldogs, and has been an assistant coach at Collingwood and Hawthorn.

Another prospective candidate, former Carlton coach Brett Ratten, who is understood to have recently re-signed a two-year deal with Hawthorn as an assistant coach, has indicated he is happy to stay with the Hawks.

After the Suns appointed Rodney Eade to the job on Thursday, the Bulldogs remain the only club without a senior coach.

The club parted ways with its coach Brendan McCartney (the day after its captain Ryan Griffen requested a trade to Greater Western Sydney during the trade period) despite McCartney having two years to run on his contract.

McCartney has since got a job as a development coach at Melbourne.

The Bulldogs appear to be a team on the rise, managing to snare last year's No.1 pick Tom Boyd on a multi-million dollar deal to complement an impressive young midfield that includes Tom Liberatore, Jackson McCrae, Jake Stringer, Mitch Wallis and Marcus Bontempelli.

I think yebiga is the kind of bloke who would complain about getting $5,000,000 cause he got it in $50 notes.
No, but he does parody the posters who do (check the McCarthy thread)

What I love about all this is the club isn't letting anything out. Seems journo's are just guessing atm with every one of them saying it's going to be someone different lol.
Something usually gets out, I'm more worried that it might be the case of not a lot of candidates to choose from and they are not 100% sure about any of them, stretching it out hoping someone more experienced may put their hand up. Looking like we'll have to settle for what we get and hope it works out, not good. What a mess!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not personal. I'm attacking your opinions not you.

Those questions make no sense as that is not his job. That is the job of others.
Griffen went to Gordon because that's who he should have gone to. Grant knew about as much as anyone else on the board as it wasn't his job to know more. It was Garlick and Lowe's job.
So the director of fiotball title is in name only? Why bother? Make us supporters feel like we are on a level field with other clubs?

IF Beveridge is the favoured option and he is overseas than he could be a while before anything is announced.
Pretty sure I heard on the news this morning that the club said an announcement on the coaching position was likely to be made by the 17th of November. Is there any significance of this date??

Yeah right. You get to ask one or two questions. They give you 3 word answers and you dont get the chance to reply.

I am turning 50 and am tired of the bulls$it that we have gone through and the fact it just keeps pouring out year after year.

We have not been in one GF in my life.

I am a sick of it and wont take it any more!

Pretty sure I heard on the news this morning that the club said an announcement on the coaching position was likely to be made by the 17th of November. Is there any significance of this date??

Thats the day the whole group is back training and at the club.

The younger guys return Wednesday.

In case anyone missed it, the article posted by Zim^zuM above lists GRAHAM LOWE as part if the panel selecting the new coach. There were reports he had left the club.
Poor journalism by Peter Ryan, or was the original report if his departure on this board incorrect? Does anyone know definitively what Lowe's status at the club is at this point in time?

That's ridiculous. He has been one of the most positive posters on this board over the years I've been reading. It was only the recent absolute s**t storm that flew through our club a couple of weeks ago that has set him off. Quite rightly too I say.

That's all well and good, but his posts are getting into serious emo territory.

In case anyone missed it, the article posted by Zim^zuM above lists GRAHAM LOWE as part if the panel selecting the new coach. There were reports he had left the club.
Poor journalism by Peter Ryan, or was the original report if his departure on this board incorrect? Does anyone know definitively what Lowe's status at the club is at this point in time?

It was reported on the dogs website that Lowe is part of the panel.
It seems the reports of his departure were wrong.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-10-21/coach-search-begins

Yeah right. You get to ask one or two questions. They give you 3 word answers and you dont get the chance to reply.

I am turning 50 and am tired of the bulls$it that we have gone through and the fact it just keeps pouring out year after year.

I turn 50 next year. Many years ago, I told my (non-footy following) better half that when I got to 50 I would re-assess the commitment I have to the club if no flag had eventuated. At the moment, that commitment is 1 x adult and 3 x junior silver social club memberships, and 2 reserved seats that I've had since the move to Docklands. My social club membership goes back to when we moved to Optus Oval in 97. My actual membership goes back to 1974. In 89, I donated approx 30% of my yearly salary to the club (my migrant parents thought I was insane - possibly correctly!) to save it. With growing kids and financial commitments for schooling (and in coming years, assisting with Uni fees if the current nutters in Canberra have their way), I will have to draw the line at some point.
I'm not sick of it, but pragmatism will eventually over-ride optimism, I'm sure it will hurt, but one day, something will have to give.

So ... Now you are going to ... .?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back