Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

17 pages for an ordinary tagger. Haha. We're getting desperate folks.[/QUOTE

Smiley face ..... (Can't icon it on my mobile)

Interestingly at the bottom of the AFL.com article it say he (hunt) was one of the cats best endurance athletes, with the ability to really stick to a task. Really seems to be very positive. So has anyone heard anything else about him ? Or was he just moved on due to better players coming onto the cats list ?

My attitude is one of eagerness to have a good look at him with a degree of caution. Iooking at some of the posts regarding players from other clubs , I'm not alone ......

Interestingly at the bottom of the AFL.com article it say he (hunt) was one of the cats best endurance athletes, with the ability to really stick to a task. Really seems to be very positive. So has anyone heard anything else about him ? Or was he just moved on due to better players coming onto the cats list ?

My attitude is one of eagerness to have a good look at him with a degree of caution. Iooking at some of the posts regarding players from other clubs , I'm not alone ......

For a small investment, we have little risk in getting Hunt but could benefit as he does have a huge upside IMO. if he can find the footy more, which he may as lets face it, he wont be surrounded by a team of the quality of the cats 2011-2012 side. So low risk, high reward. No brainier imo if we get him cheap.

wow tj looks like he will fit into our elite running group just like Billy NIcholls at Hawthorn:p

For a small investment, we have little risk in getting Hunt but could benefit as he does have a huge upside IMO. if he can find the footy more, which he may as lets face it, he wont be surrounded by a team of the quality of the cats 2011-2012 side. So low risk, high reward. No brainier imo if we get him cheap.
this is what i don't like.people thinking getting a d grader for nothing is worth the risk.Wrong mentality in my opinion.

Could very well be but I'm just going by what I heard from someone we know at the club. They seem to think next week but we'll see. I think the number would suit him to lol

If you're right in this, i will buy you a cyber beer!!!

this is what i don't like.people thinking getting a d grader for nothing is worth the risk.Wrong mentality in my opinion.

This D grader held his spot in the cats 2012 side surrounded by champion players for 21 rounds, doing that as a 21 year old.

Again, small investment for a guy who is young, has shown consistent good form prior to injury.

Low risk high reward

Would your mentality change if we got Hunt for cheap, and then next season he forces another d-grader out?

Obviously on the proviso that Hunt plays a role (tagger, locks down small forwards etc).

This D grader held his spot in the cats 2012 side surrounded by champion players for 21 rounds, doing that as a 21 year old.

Again, small investment for a guy who is young, has shown consistent good form prior to injury.

Low risk high reward
jacko won our b and f in 2013 .what does 2012 have to do with it if 2013 and 2014 there is nothing in the cupboard.
we have depth players. you just don't get it .The ef was the tell tale to it all.we had eight depth players in the side that day.
WE need class players not more depth players.if we cant draft and develop them then we must recruit them.
we are becoming a joke with this concept of depth player.:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jacko won our b and f in 2013 .what does 2012 have to do with it if 2013 and 2014 there is nothing in the cupboard.
we have depth players. you just don't get it .The ef was the tell tale to it all.we had eight depth players in the side that day.
WE need class players not more depth players.if we cant draft and develop them then we must recruit them.

didnt think Hunt played in that EF, what were his stats?

The bottom line is that we need a tagger.
Desperately.
I'm so sick and tired of seeing our oppositions best player carve us up each week, it's one of the reasons we haven't taken the next step.
At the rate we're going, Chris Judd is poised to get 35 possessions and kick 3 goals in round 1 next year.
Grigg shouldn't be required to tag, as he is a much more effective outside player.

i realise that this bit of info doesnt really tell us a great deal.

but i was told that the interview with us went well, pretty positive. (very reliable source, same source who gave me the heads up of the 4-5 geelong delistings 2 days before they happened)

You ask what 2012 has to do with it but bring up Jacko ??????

back on point. The reason I mentioned 2012, as that was his last full season. It also showed what he can offer as a young kid. Yes we need class players but at this stage, FA and trade period is over. So we are left with the ND and if we want to inject some much needed depth we can only do so as from tomorrow. You say we are becoming a joke with the depth player concept but is not one of our main criticisms from experts :rolleyes: that we have little to no depth ?

I want players that actually hurt teams, The best taggers
are the ones that hurt their opposition the other way - taylor Hunt doesn't do that

As a footballer Mitch Robinson fits our need,When he is in the team the opposition players hear footsteps when he isnt even close to them
Anybody who has played the game know exactly what its like when you have a phsyco kamikaze in the opposition team.

Just watch

Cant believe we wont pay this guy $150k

Back