D2 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

rosejam

All Australian
Apr 25, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
The committee of the Monash Gryphons Amatuer Football club is excited to announce the appointment of David Matthews as the Senior coach of the Monash Gryphons for the 2015 season.

A Level 2 Accredited coach, David has been involved in the VAFA for over 25 years and brings with him a wealth of experience both as a Premierships player and coach.

More: http://www.monashgryphonsafc.org.au/

Since this is the highest that Richmond Central have been in the VAFA for a long while, perhaps ever, there are probably a few teams that have never met?

MHSOB v RCAFC ... Local derby! Looking forward to that.
St Johns v RCAFC ... Must have been a while?
Old Paradians v RCAFC ... Know their grounds, playing finals and clubbies games at respective venues.
South Melbourne v RCAFC ... Must have been a while?

Of course no one has played the Northern Blues but RC. It will be interesting to see how well they go... They certainly have a good feeder system.

any early talks from any clubs? any rumours?
Apparently Old Paradians chasing former AFL player Adam Pattinson

Any idea how that happened?

He was stood down as captain so he left the club. Stevie Wonder could have seen he was struggling as captain.
The wicks loss and the JOCS gain or is it? I hope the JOCS have a good babysitter down at the club!!!!

He was stood down as captain so he left the club. Stevie Wonder could have seen he was struggling as captain.
The wicks loss and the JOCS gain or is it? I hope the JOCS have a good babysitter down at the club!!!!

So do St Johns have a new captain then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone got any early season favourites?

I have no idea. It's so quiet on here its hard to get a gauge on anything. Transfers are pretty quiet across the board.

Will be interesting to see if the Blues can keep their list together, being so young it wouldn't be surprising to see a few players poached.

He is over rated.
Whilst he is short, he is not quick. He plays tall. Put a tall defender on him and he struggles.

He is over rated.
Whilst he is short, he is not quick. He plays tall. Put a tall defender on him and he struggles.
Correct.
Thornton is a one trick pony, he leads to the same pocket every time a smart defender will work him out quickly.

Richmond beat blues twice last year and lost to them in the GF with 16 fit players by 4 goals and you are writing them off??
I'm sure he is basing it off the Blues youth and the greater potential football development they can make this season more so than what Richmond can, due to their age. I'm sure Richmond will earn their respect this season.

One club will make a big leap forward... Could it be South Melbourne? Can't hurt recruitment having G.March running the show down there! Perhaps he could land a few borderline VFL types?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back