No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...tide-at-essendon/story-fnca0u4y-1227107778849

Still doesn't definitively put TB4 at the club & in players veins but unless there is some kind of proof for the supply of legal Thymomodulin, I guess it would make it tough for any players that told ASADA they believed they were given 'thymosin'.

Would definitely love to see some kind of supply chain for Thymomodulin.

And if not, would love to know what Dank sold to Melbourne.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...tide-at-essendon/story-fnca0u4y-1227107778849

In a blow to the defence case of the AFL players, Mr Xu said the only Thymosin peptide supplied by GL Biochem to Mr Charter was Thymosin Beta 4.

“The Thymosin we synthesis (sic) and supply always refers to Thymosin Beta 4,’’ he said.

“The peptide products (such as Thymosin Beta 4) are for research use only, not for human use. We sold our peptide products to Shane Charter after he signed the non-human-use agreement.’’

Still doesn't definitively put TB4 at the club & in players veins but unless there is some kind of proof for the supply of legal Thymomodulin, I guess it would make it tough for any players that told ASADA they believed they were given 'thymosin'.

Chip Le Grand ‏@Melbchief 1h1 hour ago
What Shane Charter promised peptide giant GL Biochem at start of Essendon saga. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/witness-shane-charter-promised-no-human-use-of-peptide-at-essendon/story-fnca0u4y-1227107778849…

Is there a paper trail that shows we ordered any supplements through Dr Ageless? Do we have invoices showing where we purchased supplements, or are those docs with Dank?

well that definatly seems to be what ASADA's smoking gun is..

I struggle to beleive that even dank would be stupid enough to give that to players? like goblues said.. if he wanted results, HGH would have been the better way to go as its only possible to test for through blood within a cpl days of use.

So frustrating.
He is doing the right thing.

We talked, how has it helped us?

Oh yeah, we have gone through 2 years of hell and are fighting a case with the potential of 2 year bans over what seems to clearly be players at wrorst being lied to and their bodies defrauded.

ASADA are the guilty ones here. Why is the media so freaking spinless not to attack and question them over why Dank has not been interviewed?

Sorry, but to keep insinuating he has something that exonerates the players and then to keep not actually producing that is not the right thing.

If he has that smoking gun, he'd had two years to come out with it. He's had ample opportunity. Instead, he's postulated and ultimately sat on his hands. Dank has refused to be interviewed.

And if he actually has nothing which frees the players and he's full of it, then he should stop insinuating that he actually has that smoking gun.

Id suggest thats a pretty good reason for ASADA to investigate. If there is no supply chain of Thymodulin I struggle to see how there wont be bans.

ASADA has to prove that what was in the needle was TB4, and link it to each player - its a damn hard case to prosecute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did Jobe Watson say again in his interview with ASADA?

So Charters purchased TB4, not the raw materials. So, no compounding required, right?

What you did there..... I saw.

Yoda.jpg

Now I'm normally a very sedate guy, never gets emotional and is hardly ever a problem for any mods on this site, but if I hear one more time one Essendon fan accusing another of not being a supporter you're going straight on the ignore list - and if you ever show up at a Tanked I will personally pour you a beer that is 3/4s head.

Yeah.... that just happened.

So Charters purchased TB4, not the raw materials. So, no compounding required, right?

Not really clear is it, but I reckon he purchased the raw materials needed to compound TB4 & if this was the case then i really dont get Alavi's confusion/not knowing what it was he was compounding, other than for the reason that Dank would have said something along the lines of 'here's the stuff, here's the recepie, go your hardest'.

Now surely any professional is going to want to know what it is they are making?? It could have been a Heisenberg concoction for all Alavi knew if he is to be believed.

Id suggest thats a pretty good reason for ASADA to investigate. If there is no supply chain of Thymodulin I struggle to see how there wont be bans.

If you accept that the stuff imported from China was TB4 and Charter obtained it at Dank's request, how does it follow that players would be banned?
It could have been for Dank's non EFC business. It could have been destroyed by exposure to light, as Dank claimed. Lots of "could haves", but no known "definites".
There was only a small amount imported in this known shipment. If the players' consent forms and interview evidence is to be used against them, then you would need to verify the source of a lot more TB4 than this. If there is no such evidence, you are left with an unknown source of supply for the lion's share of the ASADA claimed TB4, or defence claimed Thymomodulin. Both equally unknown, and equally possible. There is no "comfortable satisfaction" in the ASADA claim that a large amount of TB4 from unknown sources was used, in the same way that there is no comfortable satisfaction in the defence claim that a large amount of Thymomodulin from unknown sources was used. Neither can be established.
But.....
THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT FOR THE PLAYERS TO "PROVE" THYMOMODULIN USE, OR WHERE IT CAME FROM.
THERE IS A REQUIREMENT FOR ASADA TO "PROVE" TB4 USE AND WHERE IT CAME FROM.

If ASADA can establish that the imported amount from China was TB4, and somehow convince the tribunal that it was for Essendon players, and that it got to Essendon, and was used on players (a big gap in the story, where ASADA seem to be relying on the tribunal accepting their convenient guess that this is what happened), then they have to decide which players got the small amount they can verify.

It is not sufficient to have the tribunal fill gaping holes in the trail with assumptions, where there is no evidence (eg the lion's share of the amount of the claimed TB4).

At least, that is what I would interpret as a reasonable application of the burden of proof that is "comfortable satisfaction".

We don't have to "prove" thymomodulin use and source etc for the charges to fail.

Sorry, but to keep insinuating he has something that exonerates the players and then to keep not actually producing that is not the right thing.

If he has that smoking gun, he'd had two years to come out with it. He's had ample opportunity. Instead, he's postulated and ultimately sat on his hands. Dank has refused to be interviewed.

And if he actually has nothing which frees the players and he's full of it, then he should stop insinuating that he actually has that smoking gun.
And that is where every player and supporter has a right to absolutely call him out as a dog. I completely agree with you.

He has done nothing wrong other than his grand statements of support which have been completely hollow.

As far as why he wouldn't, I suspect potentially illegal/criminal activities may be why he won't do it unless compelled.

So ASADA can prove we were injected with TB4?

And how will they prove that?

What evidence is there?

ASADA has to prove that what was in the needle was TB4, and link it to each player - its a damn hard case to prosecute.

If you accept that the stuff imported from China was TB4 and Charter obtained it at Dank's request, how does it follow that players would be banned?
It could have been for Dank's non EFC business. It could have been destroyed by exposure to light, as Dank claimed. Lots of "could haves", but no known "definites".
There was only a small amount imported in this known shipment. If the players' consent forms and interview evidence is to be used against them, then you would need to verify the source of a lot more TB4 than this. If there is no such evidence, you are left with an unknown source of supply for the lion's share of the ASADA claimed TB4, or defence claimed Thymomodulin. Both equally unknown, and equally possible. There is no "comfortable satisfaction" in the ASADA claim that a large amount of TB4 from unknown sources was used, in the same way that there is no comfortable satisfaction in the defence claim that a large amount of Thymomodulin from unknown sources was used. Neither can be established.
But.....
THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT FOR THE PLAYERS TO "PROVE" THYMOMODULIN USE, OR WHERE IT CAME FROM.
THERE IS A REQUIREMENT FOR ASADA TO "PROVE" TB4 USE AND WHERE IT CAME FROM.

If ASADA can establish that the imported amount from China was TB4, and somehow convince the tribunal that it was for Essendon players, and that it got to Essendon, and was used on players (a big gap in the story, where ASADA seem to be relying on the tribunal accepting their convenient guess that this is what happened), then they have to decide which players got the small amount they can verify.

It is not sufficient to have the tribunal fill gaping holes in the trail with assumptions, where there is no evidence (eg the lion's share of the amount of the claimed TB4).

At least, that is what I would interpret as a reasonable application of the burden of proof that is "comfortable satisfaction".

We don't have to "prove" thymomodulin use and source etc for the charges to fail.

Apologies that was a very poorly worded post.
My point was, i read a lot on here of people complaining that ASADA have "nothing" they are dragging this out for some reason or that there is "no reason" that if a player mentioned "that sounds familiar" in an inteview that it was marked as yes.

This bit of evidence shows why ASADA have done a lot of the things they have. Surprise surprise its not some big conspiracy of an agency out to get us.
They have a supply chain they believe shows only one substance at the club. Whether that case is strong enough is not for me to decide. From what we have seen it doesnt appear to be as you have all noted they have to prove it was in the athletes.
My poorly made point was that this appears to show that there are some links that havnt been shown just yet and that if there is no evidence of "good thymosin"being on site but there is evidence of a supply chain of the bad kind then i believ this could cause issues

And that is where every player and supporter has a right to absolutely call him out as a dog. I completely agree with you.

He has done nothing wrong other than his grand statements of support which have been completely hollow.
Exactly. That's where my frustration with him stems from.

This rope a rope, wink wink, one day I'll tell the truth act helps no one but himself. It leaves the players in limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back