WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They have no competition so they have no need to make it fun, interesting and exciting? You'd think those involved would want to do it just to make their jobs more entertaining!

You would think so but the product right now suggests otherwise.

They've also gotten rid of the 6 month commitment, watch people pay 9.99 just for Wrestlemania.

I can only imagine how pissed off he would have been after having to do that video.

I guess the Network really is struggling, eh?

I can only imagine how pissed off he would have been after having to do that video.

Is anyone else dreading how much this free month is going to get flogged on Raw?

You can already hear the HHH promo and Cole/King/JBL rabbiting on over the matches...

PS: I often read online (and I'm not sure about the veracity of this) that the status quo of the same performers doing the same thing in the same format, month after month, is because the ratings are stable and there's no need to risk rocking the boat - how does the lack of network subscriptions fit in to that?

is it just a matter of stripping further excess costs (performers, staff, trimmings like licenced music and pyro etc) and chugging along in the knowledge there'll always be a certain number of fans dedicated enough to pay the $10? will it force their hand into mixing things up sooner rather than later?

PS

to be honest I'm enjoying watching the first nitros and ppvs from that era more than what's currently happening, and I just saw big show no-sell getting thrown off a large building after losing a monster truck sumo battle, Bobby Heenan understandably nonplussed at WCW not being interested in finding out whether he was alive while Tony Sciavone didn't really seem to gie a s**t either way, big show getting up and wrestling a match against a moustacheless hulk Hogan, which ended with a mummy called a yeti dry humping hulk into submission. I mean id be devastated if something like that happened on raw today, but looking back it's a lot of fun, knowing someone thought this was a good idea enough to film it in front of a live audience and make people pay money to see it on ppv. plus all the other stuff on the ppv was just great normal wrestling... bizarre stuff.

can't wait to see what happens next.

WWE released their third quarter results for 2014 today. The company announced that the total number of subscribers for the WWE Network as of September 30th is 731,000.
"WWE Network added 31,000 subscribers in the quarter, representing a 4% increase from June 30, and reached 731,000 subscribers at quarter-end," the report read. "Subscriber growth reflected the acquisition of 286,000 subscribers, which was 71% above the gross subscriber additions in the period between April 7 (the day after WrestleMania) and June 30 (WWE Network added 182,000 gross subscribers during the April 1- April 6 period, which included WrestleMania). Through September 30, WWE Network had attracted approximately 971,000 unique subscribers with 75% of these subscribers active as of that date."

The company also announced that the Network will be available in the U.K. in November, and that they are removing the six month commitment.

"To capitalize on the substantial opportunity created by WWE Network, it's time to remove all the barriers to those that want WWE," Vince McMahonsaid. "We are excited to introduce a new simplified price plan at $9.99 per month, and like Netflix with no commitment/cancel anytime. This reflects our belief in the broad appeal of WWE Network content. Additionally, we continue to develop the international platform for WWE Network and plan to make the network available in the U.K. on an OTT basis in November. WWE Network continues to be the single greatest opportunity to transform WWE's business model and we remain optimistic about our potential to drive long-term growth."

As noted, since WWE announced 667,287 subscribers last April, the Network has become available in over 170 countries and territories. As of the end of the third quarter, this led to the company acquiring around 30,000 international subscribers.

First ep: Brodus Clay says he stacked two TVs on top of each other to watch both
Second ep: got in trouble by his parents for channel surfing between the two.

Said it on the first page of the thread, but while I think the WWE Network is a decent idea, they need to go the whole hog IMO (make it their own subscription cable/internet channel, have one location to watch all their shows, and have full control over all their content) for it to really work. The only problem is that that pretty much rules out the casual fan though.

Said it on the first page of the thread, but while I think the WWE Network is a decent idea, they need to go the whole hog IMO (make it their own subscription cable/internet channel, have one location to watch all their shows, and have full control over all their content) for it to really work. The only problem is that that pretty much rules out the casual fan though.

and i it wont happen but they should have other companies on the network get the company to pay fees to them to have there shows on the network.

First ep: Brodus Clay says he stacked two TVs on top of each other to watch both
Second ep: got in trouble by his parents for channel surfing between the two.
******* lol

So i wonder which of those anecdotes is true?

Only one way to find out. Somebody call his mama

oh god i am so sorry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wish they'd get around to uploading more Nitro and RAW. I want to watch from 1995-2001 and re-live it all.

This should have been available upon launch. This is probably the first thing most fans thought of when the idea of a WWE Network was first brought up, to relive the MNW/AE literally episode by episode. The wait for this sucks.

Anyone remember when WWE did that Rolling Stones PPV? I think they were the distributors of it or something? I don't remember the full details. I know they won't but it'd be cool if they did more stuff like that and have it air on the network

Was it November in America when you signed up?

probably :oops: however, it said free on the signup screen where the amount was but they charged my Paypal. ($10 won't break me, so it's a minor quibble) just watched the Hogan-Slaughter (Desert Storm match) from MSG house show and a SNME with Hogan/Tugboat vs Earthquake/Bravo.

hmmm...
"You are currently within your trial of WWE Network.

Your trial ends on Sunday, November 30, 2014, and your paid subscription will begin on Monday, December 01, 2014. The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged $9.99 plus applicable taxes on this date."

Last edited:
Anyone remember when WWE did that Rolling Stones PPV? I think they were the distributors of it or something? I don't remember the full details. I know they won't but it'd be cool if they did more stuff like that and have it air on the network

I have a vague recollection of this. sure, maybe they can partner up with Kid Rock or Nickleback or all those rubbish bands that Kevin Dunn likes

I have a vague recollection of this. sure, maybe they can partner up with Kid Rock or Nickleback or all those rubbish bands that Kevin Dunn likes
Now you mention that I hope they never take my idea on board

Back