Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rocker_oz33, I figure if the kids end up having a reaction to something that'll mean 1 less kid banging on my door in the evening next Oct. 31. :p

I do remember overhearing some kid a few years ago say "I don't like these lollies."

F**k off you little s**t, we didn't have to open the door and give you something for nothing.

Yes, I am firmly in the NO TO HALLOWEEN camp.

I love it rocker. :thumbsu:
There's going to be some disappointed kids if they're looking for anything different than the standard choccie/lollies though!

My boss has gotten into the spirit-we're eating lolly brains, skulls, skeletons and the like as part of our Friday funnies. (I can just imaging Pivotonian's face lol :rolleyes:)

I love it rocker. :thumbsu:
There's going to be some disappointed kids if they're looking for anything different than the standard choccie/lollies though!

My boss has gotten into the spirit-we're eating lolly brains, skulls, skeletons and the like as part of our Friday funnies. (I can just imaging Pivotonian's face lol :rolleyes:)

I'm just not a big fan of randoms rocking up on my doorstep every 5 minutes - do you think I could get away with hollowing out a pumpkin and filling it up with lollies and leaving it beside the door so people don't bother knocking? :D

I'll post this else where as-well.

I had lunch at Sam's cafe today.
I noticed a voice light bulb goes off in my head i know that voice oh it was Chris Scott and co.
After they where done eating etc Chris gets up and says thank you to the staff.
The staff ask for a pic with Chris and the then CS gets be-hide the counter under the menu with all the staff. Very nice gesture from CS who looked more than happy posing for a pic or 5.
As i left i asked if they had a Sams cafe fb page? and they should put the CS pic on there page:).

rocker_oz33, I figure if the kids end up having a reaction to something that'll mean 1 less kid banging on my door in the evening next Oct. 31. :p

I do remember overhearing some kid a few years ago say "I don't like these lollies."

F**k off you little s**t, we didn't have to open the door and give you something for nothing.

Yes, I am firmly in the NO TO HALLOWEEN camp.
I'm about to go buy a bunch.

Last year I remember a bunch of kids walking down the court.
And then they came back up my side and straight past the house.

It seemed that too many grumps had knocked them back so they were giving up.
I actually had to go out and call them back. If that's what neighbourhoods are coming to then it sucks. Big time.

I'm about to go buy a bunch.

Last year I remember a bunch of kids walking down the court.
And then they came back up my side and straight past the house.

It seemed that too many grumps had knocked them back so they were giving up.
I actually had to go out and call them back. If that's what neighbourhoods are coming to then it sucks. Big time.
Middle aged man comes out onto his front lawn offering lollies to young children.

Forget "Stranger Danger" kids, this is Australia 2014. :D

I'll give some of our neighbourhood a bit of credit.

Earlier in the week they did a maildrop and included a balloon with a note that said "we'll be Trick or Treating on Friday, if you want to participate please attach a balloon to your letterbox so we know who to doorknock".

That is neighbourly and it helps people know who is getting into the spirit of it and who doesn't want to be involved.

But as far as I'm concerned people don't have take part, nor should they feel obliged to.

I can understand if some people get jack of kids (and teenagers - another story altogether) continually knocking on their door for 3 or 4 hours in the evening if they have no interest in the night.

Middle aged man comes out onto his front lawn offering lollies to young children.

Forget "Stranger Danger" kids, this is Australia 2014. :D

I'll give some of our neighbourhood a bit of credit.

Earlier in the week they did a maildrop and included a balloon with a note that said "we'll be Trick or Treating on Friday, if you want to participate please attach a balloon to your letterbox so we know who to doorknock".

That is neighbourly and it helps people know who is getting into the spirit of it and who doesn't want to be involved.

But as far as I'm concerned people don't have take part, nor should they feel obliged to.

I can understand if some people get jack of kids (and teenagers - another story altogether) continually knocking on their door for 3 or 4 hours in the evening if they have no interest in the night.
Absolutely !

If people don't want to be in it just put something on the letterbox.
I'm going to attach a ghoul to my letterbox.

I didn't want to be involved at all 5 years ago. But I did also hate saying to kids "we don't do it"
I just spent $18 on lollies.

No biggy.

And in regards to stranger danger. Parents should be with them.

Letterbox drop should have included a condom.

"and if you don't want to get involved in the future, start wearing one of these" :)

Letterbox drop should have included a condom.

"and if you don't want to get involved in the future, start wearing one of these" :)
Not having kids doesn't stop other people's kids knocking on your door though. :D

Our house is split down the middle.

I'm not for it.

My partner doesn't mind it.

We do it because our son likes seeing the other kids in costume and he gets to dress up but he doesn't want to go Trick or Treating.

I asked him this morning if he wanted to this year and he just shook his head and said he didn't want to.

Fair enough.
Our kids are all over it. Reckon my daughter would cancel her guitar lesson at 5 if I let her.

Heard a guy on radio today "It's american, it's crap. My 8 and 11 year olds are upset I won't let them do it"
What a prick.

I'm just not a big fan of randoms rocking up on my doorstep every 5 minutes - do you think I could get away with hollowing out a pumpkin and filling it up with lollies and leaving it beside the door so people don't bother knocking? :D
Think you could, as long as the kids around your place are well behaved-sounds very organized with the balloon thing (condoms not a good idea VC :p).
I was going to buy a pumpkin and carve it and sit it on the front fence but they were asking $20 per pumpkin! Bought around $30 of sweets though.

I see big footy is in the Halloween spirit with blood running down pages when you do a search-oh god, hope it's not just happening in horror movie style for me. :eek::eek:

I'm bigfooty's biggest horror fan (way to bignote yourself, Sicko:cool:) and I haven't seen one drop of blood:(

I'll just have to amuse myself I guess
THE-EVIL-DEAD-CORPSE.jpg

face+torn+off.jpg
hellraiser-hooks1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is most awesome Geelong_Sicko :thumbsu:
Do kids come trick or treating where you live, or are they scared of your ghoulish, horror ways? :cool:;)

Nah, not a one. People frighten too easily these days, karen. It seems to be the wrong kind of scared, though. When I was five I fell in love with a video nasty. Scary s**t was funny and the grosser the better. I grew up in the VHS era, where a 'BANNED IN QUEENSLAND' sticker meant it was a good movie to rent. A violently Satanic heavy metal album cover meant it was good music to listen to.

These days the Madden brothers are hard rock and I'M the one who's scared.

Nah, not a one. People frighten too easily these days, karen. It seems to be the wrong kind of scared, though. When I was five I fell in love with a video nasty. Scary s**t was funny and the grosser the better. I grew up in the VHS era, where a 'BANNED IN QUEENSLAND' sticker meant it was a good movie to rent. A violently Satanic heavy metal album cover meant it was good music to listen to.

These days the Madden brothers are hard rock and I'M the one who's scared.
Remember being ultra-excited as a teenager in the early '80's getting my hands on a few "banned in Queensland" movies-Dawn of the Dead, and some real soft as soft can get pr0n type movie. (See more nudes on the midday movie these days)

Along with the Madden brothers, U2 calling themselves punk not so long ago gave me a mighty fright. :eek:

karencatsfan you'd love what's going on in my street this evening. Kids have taken over, there's lanterns and skeletons hanging from trees, spider webs, carved pumpkins and kids in impressive costumes gathering.

I drove in, then straight out again to pick up some candy. Do you reckon they'll come by the 40-something year old bloke's place who only lives here part of the time? :cool:

OMG, that sounds awesome John. Whereabouts do you live? Sounds better than the over-hyped on sugar kids wearing sheets running along my street at the moment. :mad:

I've given away maybe 1/4 of my lollies so far, and eaten another 5 snickers bars.:oops:

Side question-why were some movies banned in Queensland. o_O

Half your luck Tom, looks so nice.
2 things though-
Is CG really sharing a room with her friend? I'd need my own room or I'd never get any sleep.
Did you say OUTDOOR bathroom? :eek::eek::eek: looks like you're staying in the jungle, there must be all kinds of creepy crawlies around. I'd need to be well away from the outdoors when I shower. :eek::eek::eek:
Hi Karen, I've pinched Tom's ipad while he's out getting a massage, so I can answer your questions.

Yeah, I'm sharing with my girlfriend, much prefer it to sleeping on my lonesome.
Our outdoor bathroom is the best-we have frogs, geckos, butterflies and birds come visit-a cute frog was sitting on the edge of the bath while I was in it last night.

Now stop eating your Halloween stash in case cute guy from last year comes knocking. ;)

Think you could, as long as the kids around your place are well behaved-sounds very organized with the balloon thing (condoms not a good idea VC :p).
I was going to buy a pumpkin and carve it and sit it on the front fence but they were asking $20 per pumpkin! Bought around $30 of sweets though.

I see big footy is in the Halloween spirit with blood running down pages when you do a search-oh god, hope it's not just happening in horror movie style for me. :eek::eek:
Karen.

9:20 tonight.
SBS 2
Evil dead 2.
Do not miss. Pleeeaaaassssseeee!

Hi Karen, I've pinched Tom's ipad while he's out getting a massage, so I can answer your questions.

Yeah, I'm sharing with my girlfriend, much prefer it to sleeping on my lonesome.
Our outdoor bathroom is the best-we have frogs, geckos, butterflies and birds come visit-a cute frog was sitting on the edge of the bath while I was in it last night.

Now stop eating your Halloween stash in case cute guy from last year comes knocking. ;)
You spin me right out with your sleeping and bathing habits CG, but I'm so happy to hear from you. :):rainbow::thumbsu:

I've eaten a few lollipops since I last posted, but am hoping like crazy that hot guy comes by this year. Time to put the lollies down!

How's your work in the clinic going, and don't suppose you'll be trick or treating tonight?

You sound all relaxed CG.

You spin me right out with your sleeping and bathing habits CG, but I'm so happy to hear from you. :):rainbow::thumbsu:

I've eaten a few lollipops since I last posted, but am hoping like crazy that hot guy comes by this year. Time to put the lollies down!

How's your work in the clinic going, and don't suppose you'll be trick or treating tonight?
It's bali.
Trick is a bomb.
Treat is another kilo of prawns.

My 8 year old son purchased a One Direction book a year ago...

...but is ashamed of the fact and still refuses to show it to anyone. :D

He can't explain to me why be bought it in the first place but I don't want to belittle him for making a choice (as much as I dislike it).

Luckily he doesn't listen to their music so there is hope yet.
My brother likes 1D... Difference is he's just a bit North of 8yo...

18 in fact:oops::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back