Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
smashed us, well played pakistan, looks like they are getting used to playing cricket in their adopted homes now. still dont have a spinner that can bowl in those conditions, still a batter and quick bowler (without harris) short of being a really good side.

Agree with Deano

O'Keefe and Siddle to miss out next Test

Starc and Hilfenhaus to get some run in their legs

Doolan comes out for Maxwell who adds a little more all round

Agree with Deano

O'Keefe and Siddle to miss out next Test

Starc and Hilfenhaus to get some run in their legs

Doolan comes out for Maxwell who adds a little more all round

Agree that Starc should play but I do not see Maxwell in for Doolan as any improvement at all. Maxwell is a handy cricketer but not Test standard as a batsman or bowler. Maxwell may well come in but that simply shows the lack of depth in Australian cricket atm. I do not think Australia need more all round strength I think they need batting strength so I would give Hughes yet another try. Hughes is an opener but he is probably a better chance at no3 than Doolan.

Marsh, Doolan and Maxwell are not up to Test standard. Maybe one of them will suddenly turn the corner just as David Warner and Steve Smith did but I suspect all three will potter about the fringes of Test cricket for a couple of years and really only produce spasmodic efforts.

I guess we are both waiting for the next big thing in the Australian batting department but I don't see it on the horizon.

Firstly, I'm still dumbfounded at the Klinger decision - I have no doubt he'll return to Adelaide Oval this year and peel off a double century, while his replacement Cosgrove bags a pair. Another outstanding decision from the SACA: if I had a dollar for every utensil up they've made in recent years, I reckon I could fly first class to Lords for the Ashes next year. And I'm equally sure Peter George will take a bag against us in the Shield game this weekend.

Younis Khan's twin tons in the First Test was the first time since 1974 where a batsman has scored 2 centuries in the same Test against Australia (NZ's Glenn Turner was the last player to do it). Credit where it's due: Pakistan outplayed us in every department in this game, and with the Second Test starting on Thursday, there's no time to dwell on it. Who knows what changes will be made - safe to say that, if Doolan fails again, he won't be batting at 3 (or anywhere else) in the Gabba Test against India.

what? mitchell starc is playing.... we are stuffed.
Prophetic words: Pakistan 2 for 304 at stumps on day 1. I guess it's too much to ask, to pray for 4 days of rain????

Maybe the Deadbacks can add a bit of cheer today by putting in a dominant performance against Queensland...... who am I kidding???

We lost the toss and this Test series. I hope this is the last time we play in the middle of a ******* desert.

Maybe the Aussie cricketers should take a leaf out of the Power's playbook and have a couple of camps in the Emirates? They might get used to playing on flat turning wickets.

If they want to play Paki tests in a neutral venue why not play them in England where they would get the Paki population and the Aussie ex pats to turn up? Playing in empty stadiums in the Emirates makes no sense. You might even be able to arrange a triangular one day series at the same time.

Firstly, I'm still dumbfounded at the Klinger decision - I have no doubt he'll return to Adelaide Oval this year and peel off a double century, while his replacement Cosgrove bags a pair. Another outstanding decision from the SACA: if I had a dollar for every utensil up they've made in recent years, I reckon I could fly first class to Lords for the Ashes next year. And I'm equally sure Peter George will take a bag against us in the Shield game this weekend.

Younis Khan's twin tons in the First Test was the first time since 1974 where a batsman has scored 2 centuries in the same Test against Australia (NZ's Glenn Turner was the last player to do it). Credit where it's due: Pakistan outplayed us in every department in this game, and with the Second Test starting on Thursday, there's no time to dwell on it. Who knows what changes will be made - safe to say that, if Doolan fails again, he won't be batting at 3 (or anywhere else) in the Gabba Test against India.

Agreed re Klinger, unbelievable decision, as for Cosgrove, rissoled because he was unfit and undisciplined, and now he is back. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbroken partnership of 71 and Stevens has only scored 17 of them. Trouble is that we haven't kept the run rate down as most of the scoring shots have been for 4. Queensland still aren't in the best place but are going at just short of 4 an over and the worst thing to happen when you lose early wickets is to get bogged down. We saw this with England and Australia. Australia sometimes lost early wickets but hit themselves out of it and put the pressure on England who knew they would have to get them all out in one day or less. England went slow and cautious after early wickets which always meant they were on the back foot as any wicket just meant they were still in trouble.

Stevens has certainly picked up the pace since the last wicket, he now has 72 of 112 balls.

Qld 4/197

starc shouldnt be playing and maxwell and marsh are not test cricketers, never have been, never will be. the selectors have slipped back into the same dodgy ways they had when arthur was coach.

starc shouldnt be playing and maxwell and marsh are not test cricketers, never have been, never will be. the selectors have slipped back into the same dodgy ways they had when arthur was coach.
Mind you these are pretty exceptional circumstances - if we manage to get these guys on an Australian green top, it'd be a completely different result. That said, Clarke seems to have run out of ideas: hopefully he makes up for it by making a decent score with the bat!!!

Mind you these are pretty exceptional circumstances - if we manage to get these guys on an Australian green top, it'd be a completely different result. That said, Clarke seems to have run out of ideas: hopefully he makes up for it by making a decent score with the bat!!!
nothing exceptional about it we have to play away, they will never beat us out here and we always struggle on these type wickets. just wish we would pick proper test cricketers instead of t2o chumps. siddles time is up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back