List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I thought this season as there will be a lot of talk about Cameron, Treloar, Shiel etc and their contract status...whether or not we can re-sign them etc it deserves its own thread. Obviously our future success hinges on these re-signings and the longer the season goes on without putting pen to paper, the longer the speculation will continue.

Personally im almost certain that at least one big name will "do a Boyd" and chase the money somewhere else. Possibly a midfielder as there are so many and such competition for spots.

Anyway, bring it on! This season both on the field (with performances) and off the field (crowd numbers and re-signings) will define the giants for the next 5 years i think... I can't wait

Last edited by a moderator:
My expectation/hope is that we gradually sign up the big names in the first half af the year. Cameron may get a 4/5 year deal. I think everyone else in the "core" will get 3 year extensions. I see Patton extending his contract as the first cog of the maturing Giants machine.

I've managed to arrange 1-4 extra family and friends per home game this year to commit as my contribution to bums on seats.

My expectation/hope is that we gradually sign up the big names in the first half af the year. Cameron may get a 4/5 year deal. I think everyone else in the "core" will get 3 year extensions. I see Patton extending his contract as the first cog of the maturing Giants machine.

I've managed to arrange 1-4 extra family and friends per home game this year to commit as my contribution to bums on seats.
Patton has already extended, he added 3 years the week after doing his leg I think

Out of the young players, I think Shiel, Teloar, Cameron, Greene, plus Whitfield and Kelly must be locked away and untouchable. (but there is no player on the list I want to lose, I am happy with everyone's work.)

I would be devastated if any of those mentioned players were playing for another team.

p.s I hope everyone realizes how good Greene is.

Out of the young players, I think Shiel, Teloar, Cameron, Greene, plus Whitfield and Kelly must be locked away and untouchable. (but there is no player on the list I want to lose, I am happy with everyone's work.)

I would be devastated if any of those mentioned players were playing for another team.

p.s I hope everyone realizes how good Greene is.

I do!

Greene is an absolute gun and I felt when he returned from suspension his form emulated his 2012 efforts.

Just surprised he hasn't committed earlier and mindful of possible fallout from the suspension and his strong connections in Melbourne.

Greene is an absolute gun and I felt when he returned from suspension his form emulated his 2012 efforts.

Just surprised he hasn't committed earlier and mindful of possible fallout from the suspension and his strong connections in Melbourne.
I am surprised a few players haven't done so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think it will be Sheil we lose ....gut feeling but there has been a lot of smoke around him...hope Im wrong

I still think it will be Sheil we lose ....gut feeling but there has been a lot of smoke around him...hope Im wrong
Well I think one has to go ... We won't b able to fit them all in.... And I agree he is a good chance. It might b a case of where there is smoke there is fire

Treloar, Cameron, Hoskin-Elliott, Smith, Shiel, Coniglio, Bugg, Buntine, Williams, Palmer - stay
Tomlinson, Greene - goes

No inside info, pure vibe!

The bold are the ones that I really feel upset at losing. They're our top tier talents (plus Whitfield) and would be really hard to replace.

The bold are the ones that I really feel upset at losing. They're our top tier talents (plus Whitfield) and would be really hard to replace.
not so sure coniglio goes in that same breath....perhaps said in the same one as greene imo

not so sure coniglio goes in that same breath....perhaps said in the same one as greene imo

Personal ratings. At the moment I'd rate Treloar, Shiel and then Coniglio, but I think Coniglio could be the best out of the three in five years time. I see Greene as a solid player but he's probably already at or about his ceiling.

Personal ratings. At the moment I'd rate Treloar, Shiel and then Coniglio, but I think Coniglio could be the best out of the three in five years time. I see Greene as a solid player but he's probably already at or about his ceiling.
Toby Greene still has some physical development to go and could get better, but really, how much better can you get than 30-40 disposals a week?

One things Cogs has is that burst of speed through packs. As the players around him improve that point of difference will become more significant. He still is prone to be too quick off the trigger with his kicking but that is just because he does everything so quickly.

If he can have some continuity in his game and a decent spell without injury he can be a seriously good player. Greene works so hard, has such good instincts to find the ball and is a competitor, even though his kicking is only serviceable he is an important grunt player that compliments the silk of Treloar and Ward.

How he uses it..
When Greene has the ball it doesn't feel the same as Ward but I am still content and confident.

On the other hand, Hampton has me on the edge of my seat every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back