List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait how can we pick him up as DFA? He delisted himself by not accepting the Powers contract?

Its a quirk of the rules. (i think this is how it works)

We can add him to our list straight as of Saturday when the Delisted Free Agency period begins if he agrees to sign with us (fingers crossed he does)

We then would need to de list another player at the next list lodgement

Geelong are going to most likely do the same with Sam Blease.

Its a quirk of the rules. (i think this is how it works)

We can add him to our list straight as of Saturday when the Delisted Free Agency period begins if he agrees to sign with us (fingers crossed he does)

We then would need to de list another player at the next list lodgement

Geelong are going to most likely do the same with Sam Blease.
He shouldn't be a DFA though because he turned down a contract offer from Port, his only avenue should be the drafts.

He only went pick 35
Also just like luke ball he will get where he wants

Saints have committed to Membrey (I think?) so we could do a similar deal with Newton for PSD #2.

He shouldn't be a DFA though because he turned down a contract offer from Port, his only avenue should be the drafts.

Someone will draft him before that surely? Young midfielder already with AFL pre-seasons under his belt, he's not lasting till 40.

He's not a DFA for the reasons you said. He'll have to nominate for the draft.

Also, if he doesn't last to pick 40 but wants to come to us it's his problem not ours; Nick Stevens was a similar situation (although he wanted a trade initially, didn't just walk out).

As I said,

It is a quirk of the rules.

You can de list yourself - if you are out of contract

As I said,

It is a quirk of the rules.

You can de list yourself - if you are out of contract

No it isn't, from the AFL website.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Primary List

Players delisted by a club are unrestricted free agents but a player who retires or delists himself is not eligible to be a free agent.

Players who are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club.

Rookie List

A rookie list player who retires is not eligible to be a free agent.

A first-year rookie not receiving a second-year rookie contract offer is considered a delisted player and therefore is an unrestricted free agent.

A first-year rookie not accepting a second-year rookie contract offer is not considered a delisted player and must nominate and go through the draft.

A second-year rookie not accepting a third-year rookie contract offer is considered a delisted player and therefore is an unrestricted free agent.

The bold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it isn't, from the AFL website.

The bold.

it appears that I was half wrong

Firstly: You Can De List yourself

Secondly: Maybe not as a free agent.

If we come to terms - he solely nominates for the Pre Season draft

We take him at pick 2

That article makes it sound like we're very likely to get him, if he has indeed elected us. Stoked. As soon as I heard that he'd left Port I thought he's exactly what we need. Big clearance machine who can actually kick. Port have one of the best midfields in the comp and he was the next cab off the rank for them. Says a bit.

I confess to knowing nothing about him

But you're right

On the cusp of selection at port says something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back