1 - Petracca
21 - Weller (Blakely, Ellis)
22 - Lamb (Marchbank, Maynard)

41 - Touk Miller

Rookie Draft (from) Schneider, McKernan, Petrenko, Jeremy Taylor, Caleb Daniel,
Josh Deluca, Taylor Grace, Ryan Lim, Nick Mellington.​

Last edited:
KM 's answer to my potenital sliders which are on the last page

I'd actually be inclined to say all those guys other than perhaps Durdin and Lever go higher than they're mostly being predicted to go. Lever may go top 3/4, but equally he could slide to 10. Durdin could slide as far as 14 for all I know and is no top 10 lock as has been long assumed, I agree with you that for Durdin the best position issue is a relevant one as he this year anyway has looked best in the ruck which isn't a viable position at AFL level and he is as a result moving down my standings slightly also.

Ellis I'm not a huge fan of but he'll go around 20, perhaps even close to pick 10.

Langford could go as late as the late teens but may go top 10. No surprise anywhere as long as he's gone before 20.

Cockatoo may go as high as 11 but as long as he doesn't slide past pick 30 there isn't anything overly surprising there.

Garlett may while mostly having been seen as a second rounder even surprise some and go first round.

I reckon we'll take a 189-191cm small tall or tall small?

We have a massive history of doing so..... Drafting about 20 odd in the past decade.

Marchbank I reckon

1.Petracca
21.Lamb
22.Mckenzie
41.Webb

if lamb or McKenzie unavailable then add Neal-Bullen

would be happy with all the players listed above at our club

Gotta love a slider and I'd be over the moon if we had the chance at a Cockatoo-Garlett-Miller trifecta or a Duggan-Marchbank-ViojoRainbow combination. But barracking for the Sainters has made me a realist.
You gotta make your own luck.
It's too easy to be persuaded by good looks or a catchy name when all we really want is a class act.
So if there weren't any golden eggs left at 21, 22 and 41, who would we choose who might work their way into our hearts?

1 - Petracca
21 - Blakely
22 - R.McKenzie
41 - Wigg

As a fall-back plan we'd have guys prepared to work their arses off for the red-white-and-black.
Couldn't ask for more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 - Petracca
21 - Maynard
22 - McDonald
41 - Miller

Gotta love a slider and I'd be over the moon if we had the chance at a Cockatoo-Garlett-Miller trifecta or a Duggan-Marchbank-ViojoRainbow combination. But barracking for the Sainters has made me a realist.
You gotta make your own luck.
It's too easy to be persuaded by good looks or a catchy name when all we really want is a class act.
So if there weren't any golden eggs left at 21, 22 and 41, who would we choose who might work their way into our hearts?

1 - Petracca
21 - Blakely
22 - R.McKenzie
41 - Wigg

As a fall-back plan we'd have guys prepared to work their arses off for the red-white-and-black.
Couldn't ask for more than that.

Blakely hasn't got a lot of love in this thread. I wonder if KM's latest update will see anyone start to reconsider him? I liked what I saw in a highlights video a while back.

ND

1 - Christian Petracca

21 – Caleb Marchbank

22 - Liam Duggan

41 – Brayden Maynard

ROOKIE

1 - Nathan Drummond

2 - Sean McLaren

3 - Bailey Dale

4 - Adam Schneider

As happens every year, there will be a couple of quality sliders, so it's just a matter of guessing which ones it will be this year. As a couple of others have said previously, Langford sliding would be a fantastic outcome for the Saints, but, sadly, I think he will be long gone before we can get our hands on him. However, we should still pick up two very good players at 21 and 22. My guess is that Marchbank and Duggan will still be there for us abd that's who we take.

At pick 41 I think Maynard will still be available and we will grab him greedily. I really liked the look of him this year in the games I saw, but he doesn't have that x factor that the recruiters seem to love, so I think he might be (foolishly) overlooked by the other teams and fall to the mighty Saints.

If Drummond doesn't go in the ND, I hope we snap him up as our first rookie. He is a high quality athletic mid/forward who should be AFL ready next season. McLaren would be an excellent choice as a project tall defender. The added bonus is he can also play in the ruck and go forward if required. And Dale is a super contested ball winner with lightening reflexes, sublime kicking skills and is an absolute tackling machine. He will probably be gone before our third rookie pick, but if not we should snap him up. Due to his age (and his hamstrings) I don't think anyone else will steal Schneider from us, so we will take him with our 4th pick.

I am probably being rather optimistic, but, as everyone keeps saying, there will be sliders, and who better to capitalise on the mistakes of others than Mr Trout.

Just some ideas

Could any of these combos work?

1. Christian Petracca

21. Nakia Cockatoo/Connor Menadue/Corey Ellis/Brayden Maynard/Tom Lamb/Reece Mckenzie

22. Oscar McDonald/Jarrod Garlett/Alex Neal Bullen/Jackson Nelson/Dan Mckenzie

41. Ed Vickers Willis/ Touk Miller/ Harrison Wigg/Damien Cavka/Toby McLean/Dean Gore/Dylan Vanjo Rainbow/Lukas Webb

Rookie Draft:

1. Caleb Daniel/Rated Slider

22. Cam Delaney/Shaun Mckernan

41. Jared Patrenko/Ahmed Saad -(if available)

78. Adam Schneider

National
1. Petracca
21. Best slider or ANB
22. Reece McKenzie
41. ???

Rookie
1. Caleb Daniel
2. Le Grice
3. Best of McKernan/Petrenko/Taylor
4. Schneider

#1: Christian Petracca - Mid/Fwd