Senator Nova Peris

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be racist unless you're white.

You certainly can be, and overplaying this side of the debate just leads to the 'look at the plight of the poor white people' retort.

Whilst I wouldnt hang Nova on this, to me the 'all whites' comment was by far the most concerning thing in this whole overblown issue.

I coach indigenous boys and am well aware of the undercurrent of 'all whites are X', I have a pretty good insight on why they/parents/family would form this view too and it is not without base when you here/witness some of the piss poor behaviour they encounter. Personally I hate having it thrown at me, however its how you react to it which is the key - I dont promote victim mentality in anyone and that's a lesson in itself (one I was taught too)

To me the annoying thing is I would hope (even privately) that leaders on the indigenous side would be teaching/mentoring pride in their race and strength/respect when dealing with other races. The 'all whites' is a cop out and almost an excuse to not try cos the world is going to be stacked against you.

I have no issue with the 'private e-mail and people exaggerate views when expressing private thoughts' defence ...however the 'that's not racist' and 'double standards' is somewhat part of the sad commentary of this.

Most surprisingly to me is I think Shorten and Abbott have actually done well to play it down.

So, now I am changing my mind. I still don't like Nova... But...
News ltd was gained the emails, from someone trying to blackmail Nova? And then they published intimate details about her sex life and the wording, that wasn't needed.
Why did we need to know she sent a naked photo?

News ltd have been hammering us with the story, after previously telling us how disgusted we should be with the NewMatilda for publishing a story on emails.

So, now we have been told that there were no misappropriation of funds (I can't imagine why news ltd didn't try to dig deeper before blasting out the guilty until proven innocent mantra that they love), and that she just ate some tim tams on the side, and it didn't impede her job, or cause any problems. We are just left with what she said in the emails...
And what she said, doesn't hold a candle to Spurr...

It was all fair game when it was the ABC and James Hird

You certainly can be, and overplaying this side of the debate just leads to the 'look at the plight of the poor white people' retort.

Whilst I wouldnt hang Nova on this, to me the 'all whites' comment was by far the most concerning thing in this whole overblown issue.

I coach indigenous boys and am well aware of the undercurrent of 'all whites are X', I have a pretty good insight on why they/parents/family would form this view too and it is not without base when you here/witness some of the piss poor behaviour they encounter. Personally I hate having it thrown at me, however its how you react to it which is the key - I dont promote victim mentality in anyone and that's a lesson in itself (one I was taught too)

To me the annoying thing is I would hope (even privately) that leaders on the indigenous side would be teaching/mentoring pride in their race and strength/respect when dealing with other races. The 'all whites' is a cop out and almost an excuse to not try cos the world is going to be stacked against you.

I have no issue with the 'private e-mail and people exaggerate views when expressing private thoughts' defence ...however the 'that's not racist' and 'double standards' is somewhat part of the sad commentary of this.

Most surprisingly to me is I think Shorten and Abbott have actually done well to play it down.

I know what you're saying, but from my reading she didn't use the term "all" whites etc at all.

Yeah, she generalised, but it was hardly targetting 'every' whitey in society.

For mine, it could quite simply be a reflection of, and a reaction to, the ongoing histrionics we see from many in regards to funding targetted specifically at Aboriginals.

I've been a frequent witness to it, and it doesn't matter how worthy the funding is and regardless of any positive outcomes....to some, it is always racist and they scream blue murder.

There are a couple of suspects directly above on this page.

No racist for labelling one race with a sterotypical tag.

Noted it was a personal e-mail, however if you are trying to say it's not racist just a commentary on racism - you're either stupid or Slovak.

She's a senator for one of the big parties, she is nothing but a political milk arrowroot, just a number.
What is it with Western Australians and hatred of Aboriginals?

It's weird.

It's weird.
Alternatively it could have nothing to do with her being an Aboriginal and all to do with her being a racist.

It's weird.

You seriously read my post and equate that to hatred of aboriginals?

This is part of the problem.

Just hoping against hope no nude Nova photos emerge out of this farce, because rest assured it's gonna be something like that US female soccer goalies efforts with up close butthole hair etc etc. image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seriously read my post and equate that to hatred of aboriginals?

This is part of the problem.
No, it is just that there is an over-representation of Western Australians in these types of threads. It was even started by a WA resident who I don't believe has ever started a thread in SRP, let alone posted more than once in a blue moon.

To be clear - Aboriginal councils, funds, grants and so on are not immune to corruption. However this one looks a bit meh compared to other stuff I've heard about.

Just hoping against hope no nude Nova photos emerge out of this farce, because rest assured it's gonna be something like that US female soccer goalies efforts with up close butthole hair etc etc.View attachment 90147

Nova just text me and said the feeling is mutual

No, it is just that there is an over-representation of Western Australians in these types of threads. It was even started by a WA resident who I don't believe has ever started a thread in SRP, let alone posted more than once in a blue moon.

To be clear - Aboriginal councils, funds, grants and so on are not immune to corruption. However this one looks a bit meh compared to other stuff I've heard about.

OK so that is a valid point.

The quoting of my post with the comment is a little obtuse.

Nova just text me and said the feeling is mutual

Is it cos I white???

Can't believe anyone can defend this women.

Using taxpayers money to bring out her lover (black) for the purposes of conducting an adulterous affair behind the back of her husband (white)...in the process making a stack of racist comments against white people and white men as a whole.

She hates white people, but is happy to rort there tax dollars so she can get her lover into the sack.

It's an utter disgrace, and Shorten ought to be demanding her resignation IMO

Last edited:

Who is hardly the paragon of virtue in regards to this topic...but we won't go there.

So there was an investigation, someone left, processes were changed.

Like I said, typical public service butt covering. They found nothing untoward but someone lost their job and there was an immediate change of policy. The Guardian and Crikey just parroted what Athletics Australia told them with no further investigation by them. You can bet they would have done some digging if it were a Liberal senator in the spotlight.

The sports minister would be within his rights to request a copy of the report into the incident. Or get the current head of Athletics Australia to front a Senate committee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back