Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

remember who is captaining us. Clarke is incapable of batting a team out of a match. He always has to declare.

We don't play for draws. Although at the time I was hoping he would beat Laras record against India. Had plenty of time. Ended up bowling them out with still a day to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until Pakistan bowls on it before declaring it terrible.

What if Pakistan clean through the Australian batting line up ? It can't be that bad if one team is able to bowl well on it!
Don't ever underestimate this Aus team's ability to collapse on a decent deck!

I think Younis's main weakness is that he only seems to do a hell lot in home conditions, plus he doesn't play in a lot of big name series. Plenty of players from second-tier nations who aren't quite ATG's seem to be really under-rated for this reason, particularly batsmen.
Very good player on low bouncing slow wickets, put him on fast bouncy tracks - not the same player - very good, not great player.

Here's a cheery statistic: since Pakistan was 2 for 7 early on day 1 in the First Test, they've piled on 13 for 1138 (about 87 runs per wicket). Hands up if you'd like to be an Aussie bowler right now!!!!!
I wouldn't give MJ another over - not worth the physical risk and risking the mental domination he's had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back