80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Played Southern yesterday for a corporate/charity event. Lovely day for golf, save that the wind was quite breezy and strong across the course. The greens were lightning fast - give the ball a tap with your putter and it took off like a scalded cat. Best to be putting up the slope as it allowed for slightly better control. The groundskeepers were watering the greens as much as they could but didn't slow down the ball at all.

The water hazards looked a little down on their usual depth, which helped me on a couple of holes. :D

Played Ambrose competition. I don't have the final tally but I suspect that we finished about midfield, which isn't too bad.

Played Southern yesterday for a corporate/charity event. Lovely day for golf, save that the wind was quite breezy and strong across the course. The greens were lightning fast - give the ball a tap with your putter and it took off like a scalded cat. Best to be putting up the slope as it allowed for slightly better control. The groundskeepers were watering the greens as much as they could but didn't slow down the ball at all.

The water hazards looked a little down on their usual depth, which helped me on a couple of holes. :D

Played Ambrose competition. I don't have the final tally but I suspect that we finished about midfield, which isn't too bad.

great track, but yes greens can get bloody quick!

Had an interesting one yesterday, club champs playing off 12.

Hit the practice fairway, have everything going left to right.

Hit the course, back 9 first

10th par 4 duck hook into water, drop, strong draw left of green, miraculous up and down, bogie.
11th 4 Running hook into bunker, wedge out, wedge in over the back, chip in :thumbsu:
12th 3 big hook left of green, double
13th 4 good drive, hook 2nd, miraculous up and down, great putt par
14th 4 good drive, hook 2nd, pretty good up and down, great putt par
15th 3 strong draw, to just off the front, no up and down, bogey
16th 5 good drive, try to slide half swing a 3 wood in to green left to right, over do it, bunker, on in reg, par
17th 5 good drive, try to slide half swing a 3 wood in left to fairway right, over do it, wedge hits tree, into water, double
18th 4 spray drive right, solid drawing 3 wood into front bunker, standard bogie

43, +7 13 putts

1st, 5 miss 5 footer, bogie
2nd 5 miss 5 footer, bogie
3rd 3 miss 5 footer, bogie

starting to get frustrated as they were all gettable, but this is where it starts to go awry, I lost my swing completely

4th, 4 good hook/draw drive, smother the iron into left bunker, miss par putt, bogie
5th, 4 good drive, 72m out, nearly miss the ball, 60m out, dump it into front bunker, up and down bogie :cool:
6th, 4 good drive, duff 8 iron 25m, short, hole out for birdie :thumbsu:
7th, 5 good drive, duff 3 wood, dump 8 iron right, scull bunker shot, double
8th, 3 8iron goes 70, hole is 135m, double
9th 4, topped the tee shot, thought it would go 170m, somehow it's gone 200+ into right bunker, literally don't want to hit iron, still 200m out so I decide I'll scream a high cutting 3 wood over the front lip, never mind everything else has gone right to left, guess what, nail it right to left, through the trees into an open spot pin high 40m left off the green. I can't see the pin over bunkers, down wind, high lobbie, it goes in, birdie :thumbsu:

1 green in reg, 3 hole outs, 2 lost balls, 26 putts, +14.

knees too bent. love the helmets they wear in china (caddies).

The lady (Hong Kong Golf Club course caddy) who was caddying for Mark Foster during the Hong Kong was wearing an epic hat.

457474720-mark-foster-of-england-looks-on-during-the-gettyimages.jpg

Playing Greenacres (Kew East) in a fortnight. Any tips?

Funnily enough, I travel past it twice a day five days a week to and from work, but have never played it before.

Funnily enough, I travel past it twice a day five days a week to and from work, but have never played it before.

Keep it on the fairway! Those trees are hard to get out of

further to what L2M4G said....

play within your limits and concentrate on landing the ball in the centre of the green (there are no bunkers or water there). chip and putt well.

if you cant get off the tee with any consistency, walk off and throw your clubs in the nearest bunker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golfing heaven for me ...

Metro last Saturday, looking great in prep for the Masters in a few weeks, Played it off the white tees, made 3 birdies, but a couple of stray tee balls said goodbye to pro V's x 2.

Playing Huntindale for the first time Friday 14th, walked around it when the Masters was there but I've never had the pleasure, really looking forward to playing a few of those signature par 5's particularly 10 and 14..

Caddying for a mate at the Masters for the 3rd straight year, always a great experience and super impressive to see how it is done at the top level!!

Trip to Adelaide for work early in December and I have just contacted Glenelg about a round there with a customer, he is a s**t golfer which will hurt my soul, but I am told Glenelg is one of Australia's most underrated tracks..

Happy golfing!!

Caddying for a mate at the Masters for the 3rd straight year, always a great experience and super impressive to see how it is done at the top level!!

Awesome! You don't have to say which player if you don't want to but what do you do to prepare for the tournament and what is your main role during the tournament (other than the obvious stuff)?

Awesome! You don't have to say which player if you don't want to but what do you do to prepare for the tournament and what is your main role during the tournament (other than the obvious stuff)?

probably shouldn't name drop... played in Europe for 5 years in the mid/late 2000's, had some good finishes in Aussie events top 10's in the last 15 years.. short game is exquisite but doesn't hit it long enough to compete with the A Scott's of the world!!

During the tournament he takes care of yardages as he has been doing it for years!! we talk tactics a bit, wind direction / strength, club selection etc otherwise I am basically just pack horse. Last year in the practice round I think we had 20 clubs in the bag as he was playing around with different wedges and was testing a new driver in the bag.. blew 50km/h wind and fair to say I was knackered after 18 holes.

Well Metro went well last weekend 43 pts in a 4BBB with a partner off +1 who had a solitary point through 3 holes and around 9 or 10 after 9. I had 3 birdies which was nice and should have had a 4th if it wasn't for a VERY awkward putting stance hanging over the edge of a bunker (should have gone left handed with the toe down in hindsight) Course is in great shape and will be amazing come masters time. A very windy round at Northern on Saturday had me off to a filthy start (+5 through 7 holes) before a mid round rally to get it back to +2 through 11. Leaked a few shots as the southerly whipped up including making bogey at 2 of our easiest holes. Made the pressure 4 footer at the last to square our match for beers so all in all not too bad despite only having 34pts.

Huntingdale on Friday with the boss and a couple of clients before getting my caddie on the following week at the Masters.

Just hit another solid low 40 (42) at a course which i usually score a few more on. Ie: Hit some mid to high 40's usually then walk to the next closest golf course and hit 40 a few days after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back