SFL DIV3 2014

Nov 10, 2007
Punt rd
AFL Club
Richmond
I've been involved in other leagues and the acceptance of new clubs and what div they go into etc has always been voted on by the member clubs of that league. I find it odd that the SFL makes these decisions with very little, if any consultation with their clubs. The acceptance of dragons and keysie may be pleasing for head office but might have a negative effect on others.

Trendmaster13

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've been involved in other leagues and the acceptance of new clubs and what div they go into etc has always been voted on by the member clubs of that league. I find it odd that the SFL makes these decisions with very little, if any consultation with their clubs. The acceptance of dragons and keysie may be pleasing for head office but might have a negative effect on others.
Agree with this,Dragons left the SFL for dead 3 years ago and now have come back cap in hand, the SFL are to compliant no real need to keep increasing the comp 1st things 1st is to make sure all clubs are a viable commodity.

Nov 10, 2007
Punt rd
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree with this,Dragons left the SFL for dead 3 years ago and now have come back cap in hand, the SFL are to compliant no real need to keep increasing the comp 1st things 1st is to make sure all clubs are a viable commodity.
With so many clubs not up to date financially it was interesting that they let Keysie in given the debt they had with their old league

2s Hack

All Australian
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Keysie probably getting their affliation fees waved for the first year Tigersman thus being able to free up funds to help pay off any debt that they may have with another league.

Keysie coming into the comp may thin out Dingley, Heatherton & Springy Dist talent pool a bit but other than that, more more teams the merrier

Nos_4r2

Senior List
Apr 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Keysie probably getting their affliation fees waved for the first year Tigersman thus being able to free up funds to help pay off any debt that they may have with another league.

Keysie coming into the comp may thin out Dingley, Heatherton & Springy Dist talent pool a bit but other than that, more more teams the merrier

How? They have been around for decades they havent just popped up out of no where. How is them moving from one league to another going to thin out the talent pool anymore then what t is now?

2s Hack

All Australian
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
How? They have been around for decades they havent just popped up out of no where. How is them moving from one league to another going to thin out the talent pool anymore then what t is now?

Because they will more than likely recruit easier within this comp with the same offerings now that it's a local league rather trying to recruit players to a bottom team that has to travel to Pakenham or Cranbourne and beyond and get flogged.

Nos_4r2

Senior List
Apr 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Because they will more than likely recruit easier within this comp with the same offerings now that it's a local league rather trying to recruit players to a bottom team that has to travel to Pakenham or Cranbourne and beyond and get flogged.

They have only been average these last couple of years. But it wasnt that long ago when they were making grand finals and were a realistic threat i nthe casey league. Springvale, Dingley and Heatherton were all around that time as well.

Nov 10, 2007
Punt rd
AFL Club
Richmond

I'm sure a few teams already in the SFL would like a year off their fees to get them back on track. If anything, keysie coming in should spread the costs over more sides meaning lower fees. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a discount though.

RockliffisGod

Senior List
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lyndale Football Club
I'm sure a few teams already in the SFL would like a year off their fees to get them back on track. If anything, keysie coming in should spread the costs over more sides meaning lower fees. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a discount though.

Yes please
No chance of a discount in the current climate with the league about to sign on with the Moorabbin redevelopment.

Really looking forward to hearing of an outcome on the saga, I hope they are not waiting on the CEO to return from his junket on the 10th.

You would think that any side allowed to join the league would have to prove they are financially viable first. I was involved with a club that crossed from country footy to the efl a few years ago and that was a non negotiable

Silvan?

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Load of s**t.. I heard mount were doing everything they could to get him weeks... Typical of them, all you need to do is have a look on this forum to see the way they carry on. Chic Lilly and mud guts gough "aw yeah turbo your so good" lol turbo, it's div 3 southern get over yourself!

Nice join date flog.
As an ex Mount player, doubt you'd have the nuts to say it to Joffa's face.
Are you one of the s**t players that's always rotating on the bench and getting their arse handed to them by the other players on the field?
You have a crack at players on here for them giving some credit to their opposition, you're what's wrong with football pal, cheap gutless keyboard warrior that bags players on here but would s**t his pants if they fronted you on the field.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers mate! Gee wiz didn't think anyone was going to catch you after round 15. If you had of played every game you would of shat it in!
You are number 2 at Mount, yeah?
I went down to watch on a Past Players Day this year, think your FF kicked 10 against Endeavour Hills.
Number 2 was my old number so interested to see how it goes these days. Coincidentally, I also took out the League B & F at Mount, 21 years ago! Haven't been into the rooms in a long time so not sure whether my names still on the wall.
Well done on the win and keeping up the good reputation of #2

Tooscaredtoplay

Draftee
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will be interesting to see if cpl put the too scared to play tactic in more often next year if this some how works out for them.
Can't imagine any other team not wanting to participate in a grand final. Winning or losing who would ever just let that opportunity go.
Surely cpl can't be rewarded for their on and off field s**t tactics. Imagine if all u had to do was hit a supporter then cry about it to win a game. Surely will not happen.

oldnuts

Rookie
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
So posting on this thread makes them losers... guess your also posting.
draw your own conclusions
not posting just the constant complaining and justifications of each clubs role in the day. you're right this is an open forum, but its not a tool for sooks. do us all a favor and start your own thread. you can call it "runners up 2014"

perspective

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Peter as I understand both clubs have submitted the response to the accusation of being prejudicial to the League and are awaiting for a date to be set to hear the case.. The Grand Final was held on the 13th September it will not be heard until 2 months later!!! this is why you should not have kids running the League, at least when you had SFL Administrators that had been involved in clubs at an administrative they understood the need to be prompt and I am not saying these things should be rushed but 2 Months - far too long!!

2bithooker

Debutant
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
not posting just the constant complaining and justifications of each clubs role in the day. you're right this is an open forum, but its not a tool for sooks. do us all a favor and start your own thread. you can call it "runners up 2014"
But there isn't a result yet? How can anyone call it runners up if the investigation is still taking place.

tigris

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2007
FTG
AFL Club
Carlton
But there isn't a result yet? How can anyone call it runners up if the investigation is still taking place.

Would either team really want to be handed the "win"? Really? Would either team even want to go up to div 2 and miss the opportunity to really "win"? That euphoric moment of the final siren, the grand final night celebrations? Surely that is what the win is all about.

Back