Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Blondstone is in Tasmania.
You may mean, bankstown?

But if you have managed to see any of the crowds, during the whole tournament? That is something cricket Australia isn't overly concerned about

Sent from my D5503

:oops: Thats the one!

Also eth-dog, did you see that Victorian rookie Seb Gotch was picked for the Cricket Australia PM (?) type XI to play the Proteas in a T20 as a precursor to the ODI's and T20I's they will play.

:oops: Thats the one!

Also eth-dog, did you see that Victorian rookie Seb Gotch was picked for the Cricket Australia PM (?) type XI to play the Proteas in a T20 as a precursor to the ODI's and T20I's they will play.
Aww come on, I was hoping to see his debut... He went to school with me for a couple of years

Dropping Doolan (batsmen) for a fellow batsmen - part time spinner? or
Dropping O'Keefe (Spinner) for a quick who has hardly bowled in recent months (Starc)?
well. here's the team from last match

rogers
warner
doolan
clarke
smith
marsh
haddin
mj
siddle
sok
lyon

If you told me this time yesterday that Maxwell and Starc were coming in, I would have assumed it was at the cost of Marsh and O'Keefe. I would have felt a touch sorry for those two, because I don't like people getting dropped based on one game, but O'Keefe looked unimpressive over 30 overs and Marsh didn't exactly earn his way into the team. so that leaves

rogers
warner
doolan
clarke
smith
maxwell
haddin
mj
siddle
starc
lyon

which I think is a reasonable enough way to include starc and maxwell. You've got 3 seamers, spinning options and a new face in the batting line-up what they've done instead is insane

rogers
warner
maxwell
clarke
smith
marsh
haddin
mj
siddle
starc
lyon

there is literally no point having marsh in this team anymore. we don't need a fourth seam bowler. they're effectively saying he's a better batsman than doolan and hughes. that is nuts. maxwell has, as far as I can tell, only batted at once in his career and has never scored a ton in the top 5. i don't usually care too much about batting positions beyond the respecting a player's superstition that they perform better here or there, but maxwell coming straight in at 3 is one the craziest things I can recall of. It's the type of selection that I want to fail just because of how dumb it is.

but here's something else: Siddle looked totally ineffective last game. surprise surprise he's looked pretty ineffective here. it won't matter once we leave the UAE, but we were still here and if they really wanted Marsh in the team we could have done this. it gives marsh a job. it extends the batting line-up. it doesn't place maxwell at number 3.

rogers
warner
smith
doolan
clarke
maxwell
marsh
haddin
mj
starc/hilf
lyon

A risk? Sure. But christ the team they've come up with instead

In other news Chad Sayers took a hat - trick to leave Queensland reeling but fought back after a debut century by youngster Nick Stevens (125 n.o) and support from Chris Hartley (68 n.o) whilst fellow debutante Labuschange (83) also chimed in.

Tasmania (6/146) are in a precarious position after winning the toss and electing to bat against WA. No real standouts from the Tigers despite starts from Silk (16), Baile (15), Wells (37), Michael (14) and Evan Gulbis (13).

Tim Paine (31 n.o) and debutante Hamish Kingston (18 n.o) have been left to steer the Tigers to a competitive total with close to 20 overs still to play today.

Jason Behrendorf (14 - 4 - 2 - 43) and Nathan Rimington (13 - 3 - 3 - 36) the chief destroyers.

At the MCG, Scott Boland (22 - 7 - 6 - 49) has taken career best figures whilst Fawad Ahmed (21 - 4 - 2 - 66) also chimed in with a couple to leave their battle with the NSW Blues on a knifes edge s the Blues closed play at a combative 8/266 (96 overs)
All top order NSW batsmen got to double figures with Henry (63), Patterson (53) and Ben Rohrer (70) unable to capitalise on half centuries. Nevil (32 n.o) and Somerville (7 n.o) will be left to steer the ship up over 300.

Also, young Victorian Bushranger rookie Ben Ashkenazi has been upgraded to the Australian team to play in the Cricket Australia XI at North Sydney oval on Sunday.

The final squad is;

- Ashton Turner (WA - captain)
- Ben Ashkenazi (Vic)
- James Bazley (Qld)
- Jake Doran (NSW - wk?)
- Seb Gotch (Vic)
- Damien Mortimer (NSW)
- James Muirhead (Vic)
- James Peirson (Qld)
- Clive Rose (Tas)
- Matt Short (Vic)
- Kelvin Smith (SA)
- Timm Van der Gugten (Tas)

A very young side that is more than likely going to get PUMPED by the best side in the world. A side that will not feature AB De Villiers, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel or Faf Du Plessi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And meanwhile our fill in keeper misses a stumping.

Limping home with a 1-0 loss is the best they're gonna do now.
Who is it? Rogers/Warner?

I think I've said it before in here but don't listen to anyone who attempts to come up with lists of best keepers in domestic cricket, or best players of spin, or whatever. With the fixture as it currently is, it's impossible to be a fan of one team, pay attention to their stream and also closely watch the other 2 games that are happening at the same time, and end up as an authority person on the whole subject

That's a rather niche comment given the circumstances but whatever

Australia's 3rd best player of spin out to spin 5/6 innings at test level for an overall average of 9.75
This person makes judgements off 3 test matches.

This defeat is every bit as savage as the mauling in India last year.

Did not see this coming at all.
It's worse than India 2013 IMO, we had time to adjust and address our weakness and we've been completely blown out of the water on flat desert highways. Way worse than getting dismantled on the 'wickets' that we played on over in India. Next tour of India is in 2017 and we have Bangladesh in Bangladesh coming up too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back