Strategy A Call to Arms - Ammunition Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Few laughs in here, good stuff, but the stuff about Mainwaring is just the lowest of the low. This was posted on our board by someone who had a bit to do with him back in the day.

"As a kid I spent a absolute mess of time at PMH after having leukaemia for about 5 years on and off. The player who came in every single week, sometimes two times a week to play with kids. Chris Mainwairing.

He came so often he got to know all the kids by name. One day he found me out and brought me a signed personalised Sherrin. He would collect one from after training and every time he would sign one, personalise it and give it to a kid. Every single one of us long termers all got a football signed by Chris Mainwairing. When McDonalds opened up near the hospital he would bring us all McDonalds too (after asking parents permission of course).

My missus works with Telethon so I got to meet him/kind of know him when I grew up too. No player has ever had such a charitable personality. The way he dies is irrelevant, the way he lived is. The disrespect he gets for 15 seconds in his life is disgraceful given the way he lived the rest of it. He was geniunely the nicest player you will ever meet. Im glad he can keep giving to the hospital even though he isnt here. Its what he did every single week he was on this Earth."

Boo hoo. This isn't the West Coast board. Try as you might, you can't sweep the drugs under the table.

Not really trying too, just quoting what was a good recollection of the man, and the many good things he did rather than dwelling on a few, albeit costly, mistakes.

Also, only one of our 2 teams players has ever been caught with drugs. That would be the massive coke fiend, Michael johnson:D

Not really trying too, just quoting what was a good recollection of the man, and the many good things he did rather than dwelling on a few, albeit costly, mistakes.

Also, only one of our 2 teams players has ever been caught with drugs. That would be the massive coke fiend, Michael johnson:D
Thank you for the standard demonstration of West Coast hypocrisy, Mike. It was about as necessary as your bed time story about Mainwaring.

Kindly stop filling our board with tripe and * off.

Like many West Coast Eagles fans, you deflect with a reference to a single incident by one of our players.
Mainwaring had many more than a few mistakes. From drink driving to drug use to the event that cost him his life, there were a number of incidents that made the public sphere. The tragedy is that the West Coast Eagles have a culture of covering up for their favourite sons. A bit of tough love by the club, instead of deliberate blindness, might have saved the life of Mainwaring, and the prospects of Cousins, Chick, Fletcher and others.

Hahahahahah - where have you been living - under a rock????

There are too many to remember but lets just start with Fletcher, Mainwaring, Hunter, Chick, Cousins, Gardiner, Kerr, the dude that went to North Melbourne, the strength and conditioning coach etc etc and these are not guys that had a joint and got busted, this was heavy situations (life threatening on occassion).

But by all means have a crack at the one individual that had a minor run in and then immediately cleaned up his act.

Thank you all for kind words and genuine concern for our great club and it's past champions. Let's hope some of your players can have as decorated careers as those premiership players and brownlow medalist. Good luck for the season, I'm sure the desire will be stronger than ever after the last few years.

Ask them who the greatest Eagles players from their premiership years were, and then ask them how many of them did not yield from South or East Fremantle.

And what exactly does that have to do with your club exactly ????

Like many West Coast Eagles fans, you deflect with a reference to a single incident by one of our players.
Mainwaring had many more than a few mistakes. From drink driving to drug use to the event that cost him his life, there were a number of incidents that made the public sphere. The tragedy is that the West Coast Eagles have a culture of covering up for their favourite sons. A bit of tough love by the club, instead of deliberate blindness, might have saved the life of Mainwaring, and the prospects of Cousins, Chick, Fletcher and others.
A lot of us did stuff when we were younger but this bloke had a wife and kids and was into his 40s, time to grow up ffs. Very immature and selfish to be doing a heap of gear and now his family has to pay for it.

And the West Coast put the irresponsible muppet on a pedestal, the club has a terrible culture.

Few laughs in here, good stuff, but the stuff about Mainwaring is just the lowest of the low. This was posted on our board by someone who had a bit to do with him back in the day.

"As a kid I spent a absolute mess of time at PMH after having leukaemia for about 5 years on and off. The player who came in every single week, sometimes two times a week to play with kids. Chris Mainwairing.

He came so often he got to know all the kids by name. One day he found me out and brought me a signed personalised Sherrin. He would collect one from after training and every time he would sign one, personalise it and give it to a kid. Every single one of us long termers all got a football signed by Chris Mainwairing. When McDonalds opened up near the hospital he would bring us all McDonalds too (after asking parents permission of course).

My missus works with Telethon so I got to meet him/kind of know him when I grew up too. No player has ever had such a charitable personality. The way he dies is irrelevant, the way he lived is. The disrespect he gets for 15 seconds in his life is disgraceful given the way he lived the rest of it. He was geniunely the nicest player you will ever meet. Im glad he can keep giving to the hospital even though he isnt here. Its what he did every single week he was on this Earth."
Since Mainy was a legend, he'd also have thicker skin and not give a s**t about a few jokes. Just because he died, doesn't mean we can't pull the piss in true Aussie fashion. I recon he wouldn't care, maybe his family would and it would be understandable I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of the other stuff I made back in the day is a bit out of date now.

coolstorydaniel.jpg
I wonder if they have to allocate 2 seats for that gastropod.

One of our two teams have also won premierships. :D

I wonder if they have to allocate 2 seats for that gastropod.
I remember reading on the Eagles board a poster wrote something about how he actually is assigned two seats. I had the opportunity to go to games this past season using a membership (I'm not a member) and he holds the banner up while the players run though it. He looks bigger than before.

I remember reading on the Eagles board a poster wrote something about how he actually is assigned two seats. I had the opportunity to go to games this past season using a membership (I'm not a member) and he holds the banner up while the players run though it. He looks bigger than before.
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me especially given how small the seats are in that fantastically s**t part of the ground.

If he doesn't I feel sorry for the poor person that has to sit nest to him.

Legitimate question and I am not trolling here, but does anyone know why Ben Cousins was not at Chris Mainwaring's funeral, or why he never took part in any of the Chris Mainwaring Tribute Games?

I thought that they were best friends and just wondered as to why Ben never had anything to do with Rani and the kids after Chris's death?

Legitimate question and I am not trolling here, but does anyone know why Ben Cousins was not at Chris Mainwaring's funeral, or why he never took part in any of the Chris Mainwaring Tribute Games?

I thought that they were best friends and just wondered as to why Ben never had anything to do with Rani and the kids after Chris's death?

Pretty sure he was the last to see him that night, I know in his book he said he great regrets that he couldn't have done more, or maybe Gould have done more, maybe that has something to do with it. Cuz had, and basically still has completely lost the plot so I doubt many people know why he does the things he does, maybe not even him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back