List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said to you on Twitter to me that sounds a bit like Wright, Ahern, Pickett and maybe Bampton with pick 23.

Pickett would come with huge go home factor but with the team just about to transition into a successful period perhaps that could keep him around. Strategically Ahern is another young indigenous boy so having them together could really help them settle in. We really need some pure speed into our lineup, these lads could add a lot of spark.

Wright is just an obvious choice and I think Bampton is one of the best inside mids in the draft and should be there at 23.

Inside mid wise could see us having a close look at Connor Blakely with pick 23 if his still there

Whatever way you look at it our biggest need is speed.

If you look at our list

KPF - Patton, Cameron, Stewart, Tomlinson, Lobb, McCarthy, Finlayson
Small forwards - Hoskin Elliott, Smith, Palmer, Lamb, Addison, Steele
KPD - Davis, Haynes, Mohr, Plowman, Corr, Golds
Small defenders - Shaw, Patfull, Kennedy, Bugg, Hampton, Buntine, Williams, Wilson
Midfielders - Griffin, Treloar, Ward, Greene, Coniglio, Shiel,Townsend, Barrett,
Wings - Scully, Whitfield, Kelly, Sumner
Rucks - Mumford, Lobb, Phillips, Downie

To me we have tremendous grunt through the middle, good outside endurance, good core of attacking and defensive talls.

However I think we clearly lack speed. Hoskin Elliott and Smith are jets, Treloar, Shiel, Hampton and Coniglio very nimble but overall a clear lack of explosive dash.

We also have very questionable ruck depth if Mummy goes down (and we know he will at varying times).

For mine Wright is an absolute must even though we probably won't see him play in 2015. Wright has the capacity of filling a variety of roles and with his age profile will start making his mark at the right time for us.

The other area speed can be addressed with either Pickett, Ahern or Laverde. We have gone around such players in the past but unless any of those boys has done a Wingard in the interviews we simply need to take them. I believe Pickett nominated Gold Coast as his preferred home as they had a few WA boys that he knew but we have McCarthy, Lobb, Wilson and Cogs so he would hardly be one out if he came to us.

Our squad is pretty well balanced but we need some x factor to get us to another level.

Hope we go that way rather than the conservative route as there are some rich pickings in the speed department in this years draft.

Leon on twitter hinted at some big news coming soon..resignings?

This from Jezza is gold..

Leon's response wasn't bad, something along the lines of with his complexion he'd be doing him a favour keeping him out of the sun...

We're being linked with Carlton's delisted Brock McLean on AFL.com?
Rumour rated 6/10. Thoughts and comments?
28-years-old, 157 games, 6ft, 85kg. Got an AFL Rating of 222.

We're being linked with Carlton's delisted Brock McLean on AFL.com?
Rumour rated 6/10. Thoughts and comments?
28-years-old, 157 games, 6ft, 85kg. Got an AFL Rating of 222.
We know the guy is slow, and would not make our 22. Do we need him running around our NEAFL side with the young fringe players? Maybe. I wouldn't pick him up at this stage. Will depend on the number we draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know the guy is slow, and would not make our 22. Do we need him running around our NEAFL side with the young fringe players? Maybe. I wouldn't pick him up at this stage. Will depend on the number we draft?
Look I think it's a good move. With Gilham gone in the twos he adds experience and much like Addison if he performs he may put pressure on the kids. 28 years old is a good age I think

Maybe Leon just didn't rate Whiley as highly as some of us did, or could point to Greene being gone at the end of '15

Either that or Barrett is primed to go :)

4 Lever/Durdin
6 Laverde/Langford
7 Wright/Goddard
23 Gore/DaGoey/Ahern

The order likely wrong but I don't see a gun inside mid that we would target, unless we are to take someone with 7 because they wont be there at 23, if so Ellis or Neal-Bullen come in to play. I really like Weller but he looks a flight risk, as does Pickett

I'm not keen on Goddard, would be reaching with an early pick.

Somebody here suggested a tactical selection of Laverde at 4 knowing Collingwood will take him at 5.

I don't mind the rationale of that if it is we're not keen on Wright.

Could net us Laverde, Pickett, Lever which would be a nice haul!!

I love our positioning in this draft, so many combinations we can come up with.

So long as we really address speed I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back