Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and another couple things. Geelong also traded up to 10 for him but wont get him. he said christian petracca is a good mid. but says cockatoo is far more damaging. He said he played games with him in 15s and he dominated. said he was always big bodied and hasnt grown too much in those 3 yrs. Before carnival and testing he would of gone 3rd round now 1st round and a big steal at 11

ok. spoke to a longtime family friend. played all my footy with his dad and uncle. his name is jarrod pickett. every west coast fan give up..not coming to west coast. wants to go gold coast. but going to gws at 7. gws were going to pick him even if they had 1 pick in 10. western bulldogs wanted him but told them no. Also said that him and wright would of been picks 1 n 2 last yr. Garlett is a big slider. lacks discipline. wont go into detail. Take away that 35% in voting. Also said Cockatoo had iniuries but has overcome them. Thats who west coast want outside of jarrod. When jarrod said on tv about finishing career back home he meant with south freo when afl career finished. His family are very impressed with gws set up. He said west coast needs to learn to trade to get better picks.
Sounds like a hot source
HE_hot-sauce-taste-test-01_s4x3_lead.jpg

his dad was my aboriginal liason officer at school from yr 9 to 12. I left school and played all my seniors with him and his brother. so yea its like ghost chilli sauce
Fair enough. It was never likely he'd slip to 11 anyway, and we were putting a lot of faith in the go-home factor making him slide.

Doesn't bode well for Muzza

ok. spoke to a longtime family friend. played all my footy with his dad and uncle. his name is jarrod pickett. every west coast fan give up..not coming to west coast. wants to go gold coast. but going to gws at 7. gws were going to pick him even if they had 1 pick in 10. western bulldogs wanted him but told them no. Also said that him and wright would of been picks 1 n 2 last yr. Garlett is a big slider. lacks discipline. wont go into detail. Take away that 35% in voting. Also said Cockatoo had iniuries but has overcome them. Thats who west coast want outside of jarrod. When jarrod said on tv about finishing career back home he meant with south freo when afl career finished. His family are very impressed with gws set up. He said west coast needs to learn to trade to get better picks.

Still a chance he might slide though..How come he wouldn't want to go to WCE? Not a fan of us?

oh and another couple things. Geelong also traded up to 10 for him but wont get him. he said christian petracca is a good mid. but says cockatoo is far more damaging. He said he played games with him in 15s and he dominated. said he was always big bodied and hasnt grown too much in those 3 yrs. Before carnival and testing he would of gone 3rd round now 1st round and a big steal at 11

Ah yeah cheers for the info.

I thought Cockatoo has grown to 188cm's or is he still 185?

Would be happy with Nakia. What I took out of the highlights vid wasn't just his ball winning and pace but his disposal. It looked like he wasn't kicking it right but man it kept going to the right spot. It seemed he has a good ability to weight the ball so the forwards can run onto it.
Darling and Kennedy have been really missing someone who can do this. Imagine if only 1/2 the forward entries sailed over the heads of the leading forwards :eek:

Still a chance he might slide though..How come he wouldn't want to go to WCE? Not a fan of us?
nah no chance none buckleys. He would of been pick 1 or 2 last yr. he sat with lambett, sos and leon cameron. they said if they had only 1 pick in the 10 this yr even if it was number 1 they would use it on jarrod. they have 3 picks in the 10. we are doomed. he wouldnt mind us west coast but not in the race. he said we needed to trade out players to get better picks.

Last edited:
nah no chance none buckleys. He would of been pick 1 or 2 last yr. he sat with lambett, sos and leon cameron. they said if they had only 1 pick in the 10 this yr even if it was number 1 they would use it on jarrod. they have 3 picks in the 10. we are doomed. he wouldnt mind us west coast but not in the race. he said we needed to trade out players to get better picks.
Nice story mate either it is grade A bull plop or the Chinese whispers are highly exaggerated . I don't doubt GWS would take him with pick 7 but if the had pick 1 they would take Petracca .

they said if they had only 1 pick in the 10 this yr even if it was number 1 they would use it on jarrod.
I'm not doubting what you've said by any means but this bit caught my attention

GWS reportedly offered picks 4 and 6 to st Kilda for pick 1. Now if they were on the level with jarrod that they would take him with pick 1, then they would have been trading 4 and 6 to pick up a player they could have still drafted without the trade. Now that is just stupid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not doubting what you've said by any means but this bit caught my attention

GWS reportedly offered picks 4 and 6 to st Kilda for pick 1. Now if they were on the level with jarrod that they would take him with pick 1, then they would have been trading 4 and 6 to pick up a player they could have still drafted without the trade. Now that is just stupid

Just playing devils advocate here but, not unlikely that they rate Pickett the best of this draft and were keen to secure him thinking he would go very early? Has there ever been a draft where the number one pick ended up being the best of said draft? and/or maybe they told Pickett that last year and have changed there mind since?

Not to mention maybe that pick swap was just BF hype?

Once again who knows Im just throwing s**t to the fan.

Would be happy with Nakia. What I took out of the highlights vid wasn't just his ball winning and pace but his disposal. It looked like he wasn't kicking it right but man it kept going to the right spot. It seemed he has a good ability to weight the ball so the forwards can run onto it.
Darling and Kennedy have been really missing someone who can do this. Imagine if only 1/2 the forward entries sailed over the heads of the leading forwards :eek:

Back in 2008 i thought us taking Nic Nat at pick 2 was a big risk ( I was a D Rich fan) as he looked like he would need a fair bit of development. Nic Nat came on pretty quickly and if it wasn't for those groins he would coming into some massive form before he even peaks!. Cockatoo to me does seem a little risky but at pick 11 it isn't so bad considering we got Waterman for nothing and we also have a chance at getting someone decent at our 2nd pick. We need to take a risk and hope it helps us.

Just playing devils advocate here but, not unlikely that they rate Pickett the best of this draft and were keen to secure him thinking he would go very early? Has there ever been a draft where the number one pick ended up being the best of said draft? and/or maybe they told Pickett that last year and have changed there mind since?

Not to mention maybe that pick swap was just BF hype?

Once again who knows Im just throwing s**t to the fan.
Fair points. The pick swap was reported by jake Niall (I think it was him, but was in the age) so it was more than just BF hype

And whilst it is possible that gws might rate Pickett that highly it is very unlikely that either st Kilda or Melbourne do. Collingwood could take him at 5

Re the bolded part.....So how would he know that....as someone else said it sounds like Chinese whispers.
I don't doubt the GWS and Pickett connection as I am aware that they have been tracking him all year , however I find it difficult to believe that WC told him they are going to take Cockatoo...on that part I reckon your contact at best is just guessing or more likely bull shitting you.

I don't like this 'player wants to go to this club' nonsense. They should clam up and be happy just getting drafted.
This. Although maybe all highly rated players do this if not publicly

But he has the speed and acceleration - that's my point. Often it seems that big bodied players fail to translate their dominance at junior levels because they relied on their big bodies. Cockatoo has the speed and acceleration to not have to rely on his physical size, so therefore there's less of a risk than simply a big body who dominated by sheer brute force.

I'm not sure what your second paragraph relates to? Which legend of the game did I bring in?
I thought tapscott was big bodied fast and a hard nut before he was drafted at junior level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back