VRC Derby and all race day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Firehouse Rock here. He seems to have plenty of improvement left in him and all of his runs this time in a have been very good and has always been set for this race. I also think the girls are better than the boys this year and the Crafty form line is very good.

I don't really like Hampton Court coming off a win that is so much better than anything he has ever produced and let's be honest whoever won that race would be spruiked out the anoos because of how fast they went and he just happened to be the one sitting back smoking the pipe. At $3 I could back him as well and hope that it wasn't a fluke but I couldn't take him one out

I'm with you, i fancy Firehouse Rock myself too at the odds. Have been following him since his impressive run at Bendigo second up. Really like the way he gets to the line and he was the first of the boys home last start. Just screams out as a good eachway value bet, even with Hampton Court in the field.

Will need a huge ride from Hall though and wont want to get too far back like last start. Hard to dismiss Magicool as well, especially after his solid win in the UCI Stakes.

Race 1:
1U Tahni Dancer EW @17/4.2
1U Stratum Star EW @9/2.75

Race 2:
2U Fontein Ruby SU @4
1U Veuvelicious place @8.50

Race 3:
1U Woodbine EW @8.50/2.62
4U Generalife SU @7 (Money back 2nd/3rd)

Race 4:
3U Scissor Kick E/W @17/5
2U Scissor Kick/Rich Enuff - Quinella
1U Ghilbellines Place @19
1U Inkling Place @11
4.2U Trifecta RE/SK, RE/SK/BB/Ink/Ghib, SK/BB/Ink/Ghib
2U Kuro E/W

Race 5:
1U Lets Make Adeal E/W - Tote

R6:
1U Happy Trails E/W @9/2.75
HT/Criterion/RR/Forteller - First 4

R7:
1U Moonovermanhattan E/W Tote
$37.5 (Freebet) Nozomi Place @7.50

Last edited:

Race 1:
1U Tahni Dancer EW @14/4

Race 2:
2U Fontein Ruby SU @4

Race 3:

Race 4:
1U Inkling Place @11

Race 5:

R6:

R7:
1U Moonovermanhattan E/W Tote
$37.5 (Freebet) Nozomi Place @7.50

Solid thread choice for this post.

Race 1:
1U Tahni Dancer EW @14/4

Race 2:
2U Fontein Ruby SU @4

Race 3:

Race 4:
1U Inkling Place @11

Race 5:

R6:

Not overly keen on any of these in Derby tbh

I thought it would sit in well with your $5 units.

Where would you like me to put it where it aint getting lost like it would in oct daily/ spring racing

October Punt or Spring Racing would have seemed more obvious.

Possibly a new showcase thread even?

Firehouse Rock & Atmosphere look the value to me, plenty of chances when you have a bunch of first timers over the trip but these 2 look like good chances to be still going when it matters.

Some hard races today and generally today is the hardest day to pick a winner as over 70% of the horses in every race are a live winning chance.

Keeping my bets small today and using some multis etc to get better value.

1st one of many in the opening 4 races...

R1. Manhatten Avenue ( place at $4.30 )
R2. Abduction ( place at $1.46 )
R3. Woodbine ( place at $2.30 )
R4. Rich Enuff (place $1.57 ) Very scared of Scissor Kick but did not have the guts to include him for the place!! Small E/W saver bet on him and on the Quinella.

$7 outlay for a collect of $151 on Sportingbet fixed odds market.

Good luck everyone today! :thumbsu:

Rain is all but gone with just a few showers maybe around later and the track is currently still a good 3.

Off to HQ, happy Derby day to us all.
10 mins away & sun is out, ride him like he's stolen James

seth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some hard races today and generally today is the hardest day to pick a winner as over 70% of the horses in every race are a live winning chance.

What about Cup day, average company horses coming from several different form lines, form might be easier to pick but picking the stronger line can be a nightmare.

What about Cup day, average company horses coming from several different form lines, form might be easier to pick but picking the stronger line can be a nightmare.

Cup day is also hard and i agree! Besides the actual Cup the rest of the card on Cup day is woeful and full of country horses.

Food for thought today, currently 50km gusts with the breeze building later today.

Its going to be a long run down the straight today, won't want to hit the lead to early.

Last edited:
Caravan Rolls On, think you need to be a very strong stayer with these winds today, guaranteed to get cover from barrier 1.

Will have a nibble EW on this basis but not a race I'm overly thrilled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back