Jon Ralph on why Macca was sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha
Do you forget that Macca was a rookie coach ??
yet you have him as god taking us to the promised land.

I would be shattered if we went for a rookie coach that didnt have better communication and player managements skills than macca
I would be shattered if we went for a rookie coach that didnt have better match day coaching ability than macca

I highly doubt any new coach we get will be as good of a development coach as macca cause its been clear he likes to spend time focused on individuals rather than a large number of players - he may well be the best dev coach in the land.

You fail to acknowledge any of maccas short comings as a coach and seem to put him on this pedestal - that is not living in reality.
Well as the club managment s showing red flags of derangement
I do expect one of these rookies will be appointed
Now the odds of them being a shadow of macca are very slim
So what I have to look forward to in season 2015 is slapping you clowns senseless
Now your probably thinking what a dick I am because I want to see the club fail

But you miss the point a club which has behaved as we have has already failed
The results are inevitable
The foundations are faulty
We need a master builder to fix them
But we are hiring one of those pink bat installation crews - and you just watch the house burn

So what I have to look forward to in season 2015 is slapping you clowns senseless

But we are hiring one of those pink bat installation crews - and you just watch the house burn

There is absolutely no evidence that Macca was ever going to be our saviour, its delusional to suggest otherwise. Why would we want another Macca (or a shadow of one) when he failed?

Yeah I liked Macca's plan and I like what he did with list management. But christ, he lost the players man, even if they are all dicks (which I doubt), he still lost enough of them to cause problems and lose our captain (another mistake by the way, should never have been appointed). In short he failed miserably and he has admitted this by saying he didn't get close enough to the players and lost touch.

In losing the players, all Macca really proved was that he wasn't a head coach's a-hole. You should really consider moving on or go build a shrine for him down at Melbourne or something.

There is absolutely no evidence that Macca was ever going to be our saviour, its delusional to suggest otherwise. Why would we want another Macca (or a shadow of one) when he failed?

Yeah I liked Macca's plan and I like what he did with list management. But christ, he lost the players man, even if they are all dicks (which I doubt), he still lost enough of them to cause problems and lose our captain (another mistake by the way, should never have been appointed). In short he failed miserably and he has admitted this by saying he didn't get close enough to the players and lost touch.

In losing the players, all Macca really proved was that he wasn't a head coach's a-hole. You should really consider moving on or go build a shrine for him down at Melbourne or something.
I have moved but you can't without macca painted as a villain
so if we both accept macca had some strengths and weaknesses we can move on for now
But when those rookies fail
Ooooh you'll kindly get out of the way

From the outside looking in, Griff was a no brainer for captain. On field leader in 2013, best player, he should've said no. It's not the clubs fault for wanting something the made a lot of sense

From the outside looking in, Griff was a no brainer for captain. On field leader in 2013, best player, he should've said no. It's not the clubs fault for wanting something the made a lot of sense
Good old hindsight. How many here said, Don't make Griffen captain, he won't be able to handle it?

Your a bit too heavily invested in Macca being the worst coach in history
I will remind you maple had that honour only 6 months ago

And people think I revelled in watching us lose!

Being a rookie doesn't mean you will be a failure and they will not be worse than Macca coz that's impossible

Your simply upset coz you jumped in the Macca bandwagon and were prepared to ride it til the inevitable fatal crash and now won't admit you were wrong, so hide that behind the rantings of a 5 year old on pills

If the next coach fails you will scream and say we should have kept Macca blah blah and will never admit that keeping Macca was a guarantee of another yet of rubbish footy.

People can say what they want about me but I ever enjoyed watching is lose and can honestly say the last year under Macca broke me as a fan and I really couldn't even watch us.

Regardless who the next man is MACCA was rubbish and in the end turned out to be an utter pr!ck.

But please answer this??

What did u want the club to do?? Back a garbage coach who had lost over half the playing group just to prove a point ? How would that have helped us?

And people think I revelled in watching us lose!

Being a rookie doesn't mean you will be a failure and they will not be worse than Macca coz that's impossible

Your simply upset coz you jumped in the Macca bandwagon and were prepared to ride it til the inevitable fatal crash and now won't admit you were wrong, so hide that behind the rantings of a 5 year old on pills

If the next coach fails you will scream and say we should have kept Macca blah blah and will never admit that keeping Macca was a guarantee of another yet of rubbish footy.

People can say what they want about me but I ever enjoyed watching is lose and can honestly say the last year under Macca broke me as a fan and I really couldn't even watch us.

Regardless who the next man is MACCA was rubbish and in the end turned out to be an utter pr!ck.

But please answer this??

What did u want the club to do?? Back a garbage coach who had lost over half the playing group just to prove a point ? How would that have helped us?

Do you deliberately misunderstand or struggle to comprehend.

Never mind
It all started with macca losing some of the senior players
Then he. Upset hunters mother
later it was dahl and Talia

And now its half the group - some say all the group
Apparently the club dog never warmed to him either

I expect in a week so so he will lose his family

I have heard rumours Liam Jones was water boarded

Last edited:
Do you deliberately misunderstand or struggle to comprehend.

Never mind
It started with he lost some of the senior players
Then he. Upset hunters mother
later it was dahl and Talia

And now its half the group - some say all the group

I expect in a week so so he will lose his family - poor bloke
And you gloat

Lol I gloat do I??

Sorry if I'm not all broken up and incoherent about a bloke that was taking us backwards at 1000 miles an hour.

And as things do the truth comes out in time in all things and although I know nothing about mothers I can tell you tha he had lost a large group of players and many only spoke up once they were approached AFTER Griffen spoke up.

I can tell you for a fact the deciding factor in him going was a call to ALL players by Gordon and he's asking them their honest thoughts on Macca.

So clearly using logic(try it) those calls didn't fill Gordon with confidence and he growing rally of fans that thought the guy was a dud didn't help either.

Mate you backed the wrong horse and that's ok life goes on but your simply now acting like more of a d!ck than I ever did AND THAT AINT EASY

Hahahahaha have you been watching over the last 3 years ?????
Your making it sound like we were a sensation team. There was hardly anything to write home about.
I think we may have beaten 1 side who made finals in 3 years. We lost to some very ordinary sides.

No doubt we have exciting youngsters to come - No doubt.
But things will get worse cause we have a younger side this year - younger sides are more inconsistent.
So slap us all you want but any new coach wont have Griffen, Cooney and Higgins at their disposal.
3 seasoned smart players. wonder how macca would have gone without them the last 3 years !

You need to pull your head in !
You need to move on and forget whats happened !
The club will put in places systems to ensure it doesnt get that way again, alot of the players who were at the centre
of controversy are gone or will be gone after 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I gloat do I??

Sorry if I'm not all broken up and incoherent about a bloke that was taking us backwards at 1000 miles an hour.

And as things do the truth comes out in time in all things and although I know nothing about mothers I can tell you tha he had lost a large group of players and many only spoke up once they were approached AFTER Griffen spoke up.

I can tell you for a fact the deciding factor in him going was a call to ALL players by Gordon and he's asking them their honest thoughts on Macca.

So clearly using logic(try it) those calls didn't fill Gordon with confidence and he growing rally of fans that thought the guy was a dud didn't help either.

Mate you backed the wrong horse and that's ok life goes on but your simply now acting like more of a d!ck than I ever did AND THAT AINT EASY
You are kidding
You were undermining the club and its vision for 3 years
Your behaviour is traitorous I don't care how you justify it

This is the time to question and rant - there is a vacuum at the club
It has no coach and whether Macca was great or not the club and management remain damned none the less

I don't give a rats about Macca now - he is gone
What I don't understand is that you don't question anything now that Macca is gone
If you were ranting for the need for a strong experienced coach I would understand you and even all your Macca ranting hate would make some sense

But no!
You have found trust and faith and fervour - why? Based on what?
If Macca was as bad as you say
What kind of lunatics put up with that - how totally incompetent they must all be - how weak and spineless the players

In all honesty the worse you paint Macca the more worried I am at the lunatics who are now running the asylum

The fact that this entirely escapes you beggars belief, which leads me to conclusions which are impolite and inappropriate. Now, if I was not seriously concerned about the threat to our clubs very existence, when such incompetance and/or bastardry reigns unfettered, I would not bother posting as frequently and would resume my normal whimsical interest.

But you sir are part of a cancer which has infected our club with far too much regularity.
The situation is dire - only a strong experienced coach can rescue it
Someone who can take the reins with competence and work through the incompentance.

Otherwise we are in for years of pain or worse

You are kidding

It has no coach and whether Macca was great or not the club and management remain damned none the less

What I don't understand is that you don't question anything now that Macca is gone
If you were ranting for the need for a strong experienced coach I would understand you and even all your Macca ranting hate would make some sense

But no!
What kind of lunatics put up with that - how totally incompetent they must all be - how weak and spineless the players

In all honesty the worse you paint Macca the more worried I am at the lunatics who are now running the asylum

The fact that this entirely escapes you beggars belief, which leads me to conclusions which are impolite and inappropriate. Now, if I was not seriously concerned about the threat to our clubs very existence, when such incompetance and/or bastardry reigns unfettered, I would not bother posting as frequently and would resume my normal whimsical interest.

But you sir are part of a cancer which has infected our club with far too much regularity.
Someone who can take the reins with competence and work through the incompentance.

Lol you really are amusing

I simply don't see what you do

I saw a leader who was Sh!t at every aspect of his job and eventually the players rallied against him after they put up with 3 years of his idiocy.

Whats wrong with that?? If it was as you attempt to say a very small group of players then I would also be concerned but it wasn't it was a great number by the end. So the club did what any organisation would do and sacked him.

Now to move onto the ret of the club. I agree Garlick should go as I simply don't think he is up to the job at all.

I know there are major issues at the club and they need fixing but one bridge at a time.

You can't throw everyone out at once Yebiga that's not how any business operates but I guess working at Maccas wouldn't teach you that.

At least I gave Macca half a year before I made a call on him, you have made a call on the next coach before he has even been hired

If the club is such a rabble why were you we playing prelims not long ago??? Why are we not losing millions of dollars a year with nothing like the other clubs have?? Yes it has issues but it isn't all bad as your incoherent blabbering issues forth.

The club made 2 mistakes

1- hiring the idiot to start with
2- extending his contract

So the people that made that call all need to be looked at but all in good time.

So it's ok for you to scream and rant against the club but when I do it its traitorous?? WOW

And perhaps we CANT get an experienced coach coz they don't want the job? Williams Ratten and Thompson all didn't interview for any of the 3 vacancies so maybe they dont want to coach? Have you thought of that or has your screaming popped a vessel that effects cognitive thought?

Anyway back on ignore for you, I now know how annoying I was but t least I wasn't completely talking rambling bulldog!t so I must send my apologies to all my comrades on facebook for being such a w@nker.

Yebiga do me a favour and keep concentrating on the JKF conspiracy, I think if you look hard enough you can see Monty on the grassy knoll

Mattdougie out :)

Last edited:
You are kidding

But no!

Yebiga , take a Bex and a lie down.
When the new coach comes we will all feel a lot better. A new vision will be layed before us and then in another 3 years we will do it all again :eek:

I saw a leader who was Sh!t at every aspect of his job and eventually the players rallied against him after they put up with 3 years of his idiocy.

Whats wrong with that?? If it was as you tenor to say a very small groups of players then I would also be concerned but it wasn't it was a great number by the end. So the club did what any organisation would do and sacked him.

Now to move onto the ret of the club. I agree Garlick should go as I simply don't think he is up to the job at all.

I know there are major issues at the club and they need fixing but one bridge at a time.

You can't throw everyone out at once Yebiga that's not how any business operates but I guess working at Maccas wouldn't teach you that.

At least I gave Macca half a year before I made a call on him, you have made a call on the next coach before he has even been hired

If the club is such a rabble why were you we playing prelims not long ago??? Why are we not losing millions of dollars a year with nothing like the other clubs have??

The club made 2 mistakes

So it's ok for you to scream and rant against the club but when I do it its traitorous??

And perhaps we CANT get an experienced coach coz they don't want the job? Williams Ratten and Thompson all didn't interview for any of the 3 vacancies so maybe they dont want to coach? Have you thought of that or has your screaming popped a vessel that effects cognitive thought?

So it took us three years to reach the conclusion the coach was an idiot?
Not that he wasn't up to it, had weakness in communication or needed support in this or that area - no he was an idiot!
And we extended the idiots contract
And not a single member of the management or board or the assistant coaches acted against this idiot until Griffen stood up - at which point we conducted a thorough review and decided we would back the idiot

Griffen however convinced of the coaches idiocy resigned his captaincy and demanded trade?

And even after this extraordinary and unprecedented decision from Griffen, Gordon defended the idiot.
But that night did a ring around
And then your saying they all finally realised that privately most or half of them including Hunters mother believed
Macca was an idiot

Have I got anything wrong?

And this management and board you have faith in them selecting a new coach?

The club made 2 mistakes

So the people that made that call all need to be looked at but all in good time.

So it's ok for you to scream and rant against the club but when I do it its traitorous?? WOW

t
I agree with the mistakes, I was real apprehensive at the time he was appointed
because I believe that Tom Harley been on the selection panel pushed for him

and agree that the people who made the call need to be held accountable to

I have moved but you can't without macca painted as a villain
so if we both accept macca had some strengths and weaknesses we can move on for now
But when those rookies fail
Ooooh you'll kindly get out of the way

Mate I am just as concerned as you about the club's administrative capacity and competence to not only hire a good coach, but to manage one.

I don't see Macca as the sole 'villain', better management may have prevented the problem, a stronger playing group may have helped, better assistants could have helped, a competent manager would have helped...and they may not have. Pretty clear our club did not manage the situation well. At times you you do seem to have Macca up on what I consider to be an undeserved pedestal. Facts though are clear, he failed, its time to move on.

Don't see the point in bagging out our rookie coach before he starts. Agree it will be tough, but hey we might get lucky.

Your a bit too heavily invested in Macca being the worst coach in history
I will remind you maple had that honour only 6 months ago

Last year Maple coached a VFL GF....Macca oversaw less wins than the minimal wins the year before, lost his players and got sacked...you do see the difference don't you??

And I never said he was the worst coach in history, just not a senior coach's a-hole.

For his faults he left our list in good shape, better shape than P Rhode and T Wallace. And Chris Connolly and Mark Neeld are two of the worst coach's I've seen. Macca is not in their league.

Last edited:

Whats wrong with that?? If it was as you attempt to say a very small group of players then I would also be concerned but it wasn't it was a great number by the end. So the club did what any organisation would do and sacked him.

If the club is such a rabble why were you we playing prelims not long ago??? Why are we not losing millions of dollars a year with nothing like the other clubs have?? Yes it has issues but it isn't all bad as your incoherent blabbering issues forth.

The club made 2 mistakes

Anyway back on ignore for you, I now know how annoying I was but t least I wasn't completely talking rambling bulldog!t so I must send my apologies to all my comrades on facebook for being such a w@nker.

Yebiga do me a favour and keep concentrating on the JKF conspiracy, I think if you look hard enough you can see Monty on the grassy knoll

Mattdougie out :)

Wow. I cant belive we support the same club.
According to you it took 3 years for the players to revolt and thats ok?

We had our 1st round number 3 pick and captain just walk out the door.

We had our 1st round number 1 pick and brownlow medalist walk out the door.

We had a failed 1st round drafy pick retire. He never made it.

We have Howard delisted. Wasnt he a 1st round pick as well?

We then give another first round pick and spend it on T boyd. 6 to 7 million on one player that has only played 9 games.

Do you honestly think this is ok? Any board in the commercial world would be thrown out by shareholders for such incompetence.

And then you use the argument that maybe the experianced coaches dont want the job and thats ok?

They dont want the job because we are a friggen joke of an organization.

Wow. I cant belive we support the same club.
According to you it took 3 years for the players to revolt and thats ok?

We had our 1st round number 3 pick and captain just walk out the door.

We had our 1st round number 1 pick and brownlow medalist walk out the door.

We had a failed 1st round drafy pick retire. He never made it.

We have Howard delisted. Wasnt he a 1st round pick as well?

We then give another first round pick and spend it on T boyd. 6 to 7 million on one player that has only played 9 games.

Do you honestly think this is ok? Any board in the commercial world would be thrown out by shareholders for such incompetence.

And then you use the argument that maybe the experianced coaches dont want the job and thats ok?

They dont want the job because we are a friggen joke of an organization.

Where have I said any of the above is ok??

Find one comment where I say that any of that is ok?

I said that the biggest problem should go and then work from there. Macca is gone and now the club must move systematically through everybody and see if they ar up to their jobs.

But unlike Yebiga I don't want everyone thrown out the door at once because that is not how a business is or should be run.

Ps don't really have an issue with the Boyd deal although I agree it's too much but t least we had w bloody crack for once

And Cooney did not wak out we shopped him around coz he said he was open to a move and we wanted to get cap space

Pointing to the fact an experienced senior coach hasn't been subject to wild media speculation in regards to our job and concluding that they mustn't be interested is pretty specious reasoning.

Pointing to the fact an experienced senior coach hasn't been subject to wild media speculation in regards to our job and concluding that they mustn't be interested is pretty specious reasoning.

I agree but slandering the club by saying we aren't trying to hire an experienced bloke when no one knows if we have actually tried to is simply stupid.

Has anyone thought that we are using halting tactics to announce a coach? Maybe we are waiting to see if we can snag someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back