2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't we wearing purple?

I don't think we've ever lost in that strip.

Injuries hit Victory bad and they still kept coming with 9 men but a win is a win! Especially against that lot! They're still up with United as the yardstick of the competition but great stuff from Glory. Well done Danny breaking his duck but it won't be that easy every time. In to the last four bitches!

Have to remember tonight he came on when Victory were down to bare bones. It's a physicial league. I wanted him to start tonight seeing as it was a cup game. Then again Nebo has been poor as our #10 so far this season and looks like Hersi is injured now so might be worth a crack.

Have to remember tonight he came on when Victory were down to bare bones. It's a physicial league. I wanted him to start tonight seeing as it was a cup game. Then again Nebo has been poor as our #10 so far this season and looks like Hersi is injured now so might be worth a crack.

It was still 2-2 and he came on before the end of regulation so I'd still say he did very well and you might be downplaying his performance tonight a bit. His control, vision and intelligence was on display tonight. We looked a far better team when he was on the ball.

Great win and a pretty good atmosphere despite there only being 3.8k at the game.

Risdon was immense and Maclaren proved why he should be starting every game alongside Keogh. To me he played his best game in a Glory shirt and the only negative aspect is that he didn't score. I can't believe that was the same team that played so poorly against Adelaide on the weekend. Tonight we played some sexy football at times and makes me wonder why we couldn't produce any semblance of that on the weekend.

Bring on Newcastle on Saturday. Lets just hope that playing the extra half hour doesn't have a negative impact.

Good win. Nice to see the team bounce back from that flat away loss to Adelaide. Interesting to see the lack of discipline from Victory - shades of Muscat on the team....

We progress to final 4. At least we are in with a chance to be inaugural FFA cup winners.

Da Silva's goal was very well taken.

Always happy with a win over the Victory especially if they are offended over it. They certainly copped the injuries and cards.

Great win and a pretty good atmosphere despite there only being 3.8k at the game.

Risdon was immense and Maclaren proved why he should be starting every game alongside Keogh. To me he played his best game in a Glory shirt and the only negative aspect is that he didn't score. I can't believe that was the same team that played so poorly against Adelaide on the weekend. Tonight we played some sexy football at times and makes me wonder why we couldn't produce any semblance of that on the weekend.

Bring on Newcastle on Saturday. Lets just hope that playing the extra half hour doesn't have a negative impact.

We were crap on Sunday because United are well coached and they work their arse off when with and without the ball. Like I said in the FFA Cup thread Milligan was a disgrace the way he was acting as captain last night. As good as they are they really are a shower of campaigners to a man.

Glory are certainly playing very well from what I have seen this year. I have not seen a full match, but managed to catch 20 minutes here and there.

Keogh is terrific. Works very hard on and off the ball. Excellent vision and very unselfish. Probably cost himself a hat trick last night by passing when he could have gone himself.

The intent to get forward is better than they had with Burns always looking sideways and backwards.

De Silva is quality.

Not jumping back on the band wagon. Still pissed off that Edwards was dumped for Lowe.

A fantastic effort against a very very good team. Great performances from most of the boys. Still think Rostyn over commits at times. I love his physicality and the height he brings but I thought that when ferrira came on that we played with more shape and passing. Hershi was either great or frustrating. Garcia was probably his best game and Nicholls was brilliant. Marinkovic was great coming on but id personally prefer Danny boy. Just quality and he could really open up the game with Keogh and an outstanding Mclaren benefitting. Spoke to Zadkovich and he said Sidnei was a week away and him twice that. Said he was very frustrated not playing and I think that when he comes in that the midfield will be very solid.
Think we need to get a chop out for our two strikers in case of injury or over use. They both looked buggered last night.

GFU were very good last night.

With a positive start to the season Glory now have another challenge. Fans expecting. More often than not we rock up ho hum and expecting to drop points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deserved the win. Hersi was excellent and links up beautifully with Keogh. Thought Griffith's was a donkey last year but he is playing a Matic like role really well. For all De Silva's skill he is still far too soft.

Also I was thinking during the game that Vuka could be close to a socceroos call up but it was horrible keeping for their goal.

Good win that was. Played what? 5-10 minutes of good football and still managed to come from behind and win. Not many other Glory teams of the past can say they can do that.

Absolutely. We were the better team but like I said we would always struggle coming off 120 minutes against a dour team like the Jets. Very poor from Vuko to let that goal in on his near post. Danny did some good thing, Griffiths made some great passes to set up moves. Didn;t like Hersi in the first half ut when they made him more of a winger in the second half he shone and then there's Jamie Maclaren. Really happy for the boy. I hate being made to look wrong about Lowe but he knows how to use him. Not much to bitch about at the moment, bit weird.

McLaren!!! Onya lad. (and not even a marquee...sorry a bit cheeky)

Good effort aginst a team who only had one intent. They squished up the play and maintained shape well and on their 6 or 7 breaks they got a great ball to Jeronimo who only needs a sniff. Strangest position for Carney to play. Rostyn was very good but of course he did have a lot more time. Ferria did a great cover job at full back and as the game went on some of his passes were game opening. I hate how the skipper likes to stand of his attacker and zone - but i suppose thats just me.
Danny did well and he needs to play these style games to get better at dealing with the physicallity. Hershi played a better second half especially when Jamo came on. Looking forward to some minutes from Sidnei soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back