ROUND 4 A-LEAGUE DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that's David Villa done with, now we can focus solely on the team.

Carrusca is a class above.

Mabil's reaction:
wellymatchhighlights.flv_238_245.gif

take it with both hands. always rated him, he can really be something special if he gets the right coaching. ajax is a tremendous club coaching wise, as everyone knows.
Massive talent but still very raw. Still has many things he has to work on to make it in the A-League let alone Europe.

A trial doesn't hurt but I'd be very surprised if they actually signed him to a contract.

Let him go if they think he's worth signing, hopefully we can come to an agreement which sees up keeping him for the rest of the season. Kamau looked alright tonight so would be a decent 'replacement', had a leap decent enough to contest in the air for a smaller guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have wingers coming out of our asses at United so losing him won't hurt us short term. He's a huge prospect and I'd love to see him stay longer. His relationship with Gombau is tight so we'll see what happens.

Well played Adelaide, you guys certainly are a wonderful team to watch, with a decent gaffer who knows his oats.

Frankly Melbourne City are a shambles of an organization right now, think CEO Scott Munn needs a tap on the shoulder, and JVS's second stint record is approaching Aloisi levels.

Almost think our season is shot already, which is depressing on a month into the season.

he'll get much better coaching at ajax then he ever would down here.
Yes and no. Of course Ajax have a wonderful development tradition but Gombau and Amor are building ......

Still big news for Awer and the club would be silly not to let him go on trial. Kamau looked very lively when he came on.

A-League clubs I reckon should be obliged to let their players go out on trial to Europe's bigger clubs. Can't hold their careers back.

A-League clubs I reckon should be obliged to let their players go out on trial to Europe's bigger clubs. Can't hold their careers back.

...at a time thats more opportune to them, surely?

Reading this morning that Gombau wont let him go in January, and why should he? He's contracted and a required player.

If anything, let him go over pre-season 15/16

The Da Silva-like loan-back arrangement would be the best bet for everyone concerned, Ajax sure as hell don't need him for their first team and it gets him another 6 months of regular football.

Problem is recently players going to Europe has stalled more careers than bring forward

Curtis Good is doing well over there, even after all his injury setbacks..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back