2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton and Richmond were kissed on the rick by fairies.

None of their Fri night spots are earned. Richmond's final showed just how far they are off in reality.

If they don't capitalize on primetime they should put the bulldogs in that spot to guve them sn economic uplift.
Are Richmond playing Carlton on Friday seven times?

Our fixture wouldn't have anything to do with crowds, ratings and money.

Friday games wouldn't rate if it was North..

WC (away).
Collingwood - Malthouse's record breaking game that deserves to kick off the round.
Geelong - recent games have been thrillers.
Sydney.
Richmond.
Hawthorn.
Hawthorn - play the reigning Premiers for the second time in just six weeks. :drunk:

You can take our consecutive six day breaks and road trips that are on par with the fixtures handed to the Grand Finalists.
:)

If anyone can be bothered I have said this three years in a row now in these threads.
As a Hawks supporter I love a tough draw. Draws are like training in the gym before a final fight. They prepare you.
Bring on the tough draw for the Hawks every year.
This is true but also like training in the gym you want to have a routine that isn't going to set you back with injuries. Multiple 6 day breaks in a row multiple times a year doesn't allow proper recovery over those periods which leads to the injuries we saw in 2014 to Hawthorn.

Our fixture for 2015 has us play the tougher teams more often which is good for the preparation and it also has minimal 6 day breaks with only one instance of back to back 6 day breaks which is also good for reducing the risk of soft tissue injuries.

We say this every year, but it won't happen until the Dogs are back in the 8, even the top 4.

Richmond should be competitive but I am really dumbfounded about why Carlton gets so much prime time. Remember the Port Carlton Friday nighter in round 22? Could see that happening regularly when they play these top 8 sides on Fridays and Saturday's, even Sydney and Essendon belted them in primetime last season.
Do you remember the 2 games against the cats and the game against the Hawks ?
Round 22 the blues were shot

Ask 9 out 10 people and they would rather see the Blues than Footscray

I HATE CARLTON BUT

they had a disgusting draw last year the AFL had to make it right which they have done no problems with Carlton getting a good draw

Welcome to being at the bottom, come join your old friends Brisbane, Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs in all of our mediocrity.

Yeah it sucks mate. We copped 15 Sunday games last season including 6 320s and 5 440s and a "Sunday nighter" in the west.

We have a more "family friendly" fixture next year with 13 Saturday's, but the main flaws are we play 7 interstate sides at home and only 4 Victorian sides home and only 8 FTA games with 3 home and 5 away. Our fixture sucks from a marketing point of view, we will have poor attendances in at least 6 home games, perhaps 8 if St Kilda/Melbourne are poor again (6 interstate sides at Etihad, Gold Coast is at Cairns). The negative also from playing so many interstate teams at home is that we play all the strong Victorian sides away and will probably get smashed. We will be relying on handouts big-time again

When the TV rights shareholders get together (Channel 7), they don't want to see us at all, unless we are top 8.

At least you get a Friday night game.

And relating to this thread so I don't derail it, Carlton did really bloody well. Look at all that prime time exposure. Not bad for a team who only won 7 and a 1/2 games last season.

Collingwood did well too, only 2, 6 day breaks.

8 FTA games in your own home state, what an absolute disgrace by the AFL, we were copping that a couple of yeers back.

Every team should get all their away games broadcast to their home state, if you don't put it on C7 then put it on 7Mate delayed or replayed if you are giving Foxtel live and exclusive. How are the Dogs meant to get new members? Have someone keen on following a club buy a Foxtel subscription first?

When Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton are s**t they still get Friday night games and blockbusters, that isn't the right way to level the playing field. They need to get off the fatcat teat, they have created the monster that exists at present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to watch the dogs too.
Generally the FIXture is over rated. But...
Only 3 teams had attendance decreases of any note in 2014. All 3 were mediocre for most of the season. All 3 have been rewarded with many Friday night games. Guess who? All the talk of reward of time slots for performance is crap. Friday nights are about who the AFL and Ch7 think will rake in the most $$$. Anything else is spin.
6 teams dont play Friday, that leaves 12 who do. Only 7 of 22 Fridays involve 2 teams who made and 8. 4 of these involve Richmond who only just made it.
So that leaves only Port Geelong, Hawthorn Port and Essendon North as Friday night games between the teams that have earnt it.

Looking at the draw. How are teams like St Kilda and Footscray supposed to gain new fans with such little exposure. Why can't the AFL understand that providing a fairer fixture will help the league in the longer term.

They either don't understand or don't care to understand anything beyond tomorrow's headlines and this year's executive bonuses.

Really? I'd rather watch Dogs vs GWS, Port v North, Port v Freo, Port v Sydney etc next year than just about any game involving Carlton.

You ask me i'd say i prefer to watch the dogs, that's one from one so far.

Really? I'd rather watch Dogs vs GWS, Port v North, Port v Freo, Port v Sydney etc next year than just about any game involving Carlton.
Id watch the dogs over Carlton too. And agree with the other games Demonic Ascent said too

They either don't understand or don't care to understand anything beyond tomorrow's headlines and this year's executive bonuses.
Yep, like Vlad pocketing an extra 2 million in 2013 for his exceptional long term work campaigning hard for more TV rights money.

The blokes at the top aren't stakeholders, they are shareholders, the blokes that run the clubs are stakeholders.

8 FTA games in your own home state, what an absolute disgrace by the AFL, we were copping that a couple of yeers back.

Every team should get all their away games broadcast to their home state, if you don't put it on C7 then put it on 7Mate delayed or replayed if you are giving Foxtel live and exclusive. How are the Dogs meant to get new members? Have someone keen on following a club buy a Foxtel subscription first?

When Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton are s**t they still get Friday night games and blockbusters, that isn't the right way to level the playing field. They need to get off the fatcat teat, they have created the monster that exists at present.
Yeah I know, you guys copped all the interstate sides at home regularly and were rarely given big blockbuster games.

I did a little analysis a while back on you guys and you rarely got over 40k in home games during Scott's early tenure, mainly due to playing crap drawing sides.

Our only hope of cracking 30k at home next year is against Carlton and Collingwood, and perhaps round 1 against West Coast as it is Easter Saturday and hopefully both clubs fans turn up.

Dogs anytime. Least we would be watching a midfield that could be near the most exciting in the league within a few years!

Time the AFL started to get a grip with the most popular timeslots - stop giving an unwarranted hand up to the Pies, Blues and Tigers. Strangling clubs like the Dogs, Saints and Melbourne benefits nobody for the bigger picture of our game. All clubs should get the same exposure for Friday/Saturday night games across the board. And Ch7 should be forced to pull their heads in.
Different year...... same sh!t!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back