Keeper Lg. 2014 List Management Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a silly thing to do. Still has plenty of time to learn from it and (hopefully) become the player alot of people think he can be.

Next update tonight boys and girls :) Make sure to keep an eye on the AFL site for delistings. Have seen a couple of interesting names falling away.

Taylor Hunt and Brock McLean must be worth spots on someone's list given the supposed thin spread of talent in the comp.

Just a silly thing to do. Still has plenty of time to learn from it and (hopefully) become the player alot of people think he can be.

Next update tonight boys and girls :) Make sure to keep an eye on the AFL site for delistings. Have seen a couple of interesting names falling away.

Taylor Hunt and Brock McLean must be worth spots on someone's list given the supposed thin spread of talent in the comp.
Even Mitchy Rob.

Trade alert -

LWP gets: George Horlin-Smith and Picks 14, 36 + 48

Rockford gets: Zach Merrett, Jake Barrett and picks 20 and 42

Tough deal to get done for both of us.

On balance we are rating Merrett higher than GHS which is dangerous on exposed form. Both have been subbed alot and both play a similar position.

GHS is primed to get more midfield time given the departures from Geelong in the off season. With all of Schroder, Hunt, Varcoe and Christensen gone he will be expected to step up to the midfield.

On the flip side Merrett, I think, is a more talented player and should benefit from another preseason and the guiding hand of one of the all time great hff in Hird. I dont think there will be any second year blues and, like GHS, I expect him to get more midfield time.

The rest is a pick swap (and Barrett) to balance but really it will come down to GHS v Merrett and neither of us is 100% confident haha

Last edited:
Trade alert -

LWP gets: George Horlin-Smith and Picks 14, 36 + 48

Rockford gets: Zach Merrett, Jake Barrett and picks 20 and 43

Tough deal to get done for both of us.

On balance we are rating Merrett higher than GHS which is dangerous on exposed form. Both have been subbed alot and both play a similar position.

GHS is primed to get more midfield time given the departures from Geelong in the off season. With all of Schroder, Hunt, Varcoe and Christensen gone he will be expected to step up to the midfield.

On the flip side Merrett, I think, is a more talented player and should benefit from another preseason and the guiding hand of one of the all time great hff in Hird. I dont think there will be any second year blues and, like GHS, I expect him to get more midfield time.

The rest is a pick swap (and Barrett) to balance but really it will come down to GHS v Merrett and neither of us is 100% confident haha

Confirmed. Like L_W_P, I'm struggling with this one. I have GHS and Merrett about even personally in terms of their production. Time will tell and hopefully we both do well out of it. My target at pick 14 I wasn't confident would definitely last that long so I'm shuffling my draft around a bit and I have a few targets at pick 20 that should still be there. Will be an interesting one to watch in seasons to come. GHS long term I think ends up solely in the middle which will spike his numbers but I've got my mid positions pretty well covered for the time being. Merrett I'm hoping retains F status through out his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think struggling was the right way to put it. We are both nervous as hell about this deal blowing up in our faces.

I feel that Merrett has a super high ceiling but the question is will he sustain it long enough to win a fantasy flag?

GHS will probably be more consistent but will he be the game changer that Merrett could become?

I feel im on the safer end of the deal all up but in 2-3 years if im playing Rockford in an elimination final, Merrett is the exact sort of player that could single handedly take me out.

I made the deal because I do not want a 3rd spoon and I think that GHS and 14 will help me more than Merrett and 20.

Rockford can afford to take the risk with his young talent but he knows the oppertunity the GHS should get at the Cats. We all rate our own teams players just that little extra.

Maybe we think about the 'What if' scenarios too much but honestly, it's why he and I have built a decent trade history. We probably dont go more than a week without a conversation about player A vs player B, both in fantasy and real world AFL.

Its a tough trade because it's very even and, while confident in pulling the trigger, we both are thinking a few years down the track and what that knock out final might look like ;)

Trade Alert -

LWP gets - Justin Clarke, Lloyd Perris and pick 39

Deft Touch gets - Tory Dickson, Sam Lloyd and picks 48 + 62

Pretty simple deal. Dickson and Lloyd have both played some ripper games but its hard to tell if either of them are best 22.

Dickson has copped his fair share of injuries but is a very good forward in the 10 games he plays.

Lloyd burst onto the scene, suffered some indifferent form, and lost his spot to Nathan Gordon. Capable of big games yes but again, might only play half the games.

Clarke gives me a reliable (if unspectacular) defender. Backs are my shallow position so to have a player that is locked in for 22 games is a plus. With the loss of Patful, combined with the near retirement of Maguire and swingman nature of Merrett, Im confident that Clark will have the Lions FB job for a while.

Perris I liked last year. Was always going to be a longer term option but I was keen on him with the pick that got me Riley Knight and he was a genuine 50/50 with my Zac Merrett pick.

Perris is an acedemy kid that Paul Roos said was a genuine top 20 pick on talent for last years draft.

Itll be a little while before he breaks into the Swans team but in 2 years time I think he will be right there with Heeney and Dunkley as far as Swans mids go.

I wasnt going to use pick 62 so to throw it in and get a pick upgrade was well worth it.

UC has picked up 2 players who, fit and in form, could be the difference come finals while I have secured a young yet reliable player in my weakest position and another long term, above average midfield option.

Get the feeling a few people are holding out for the draft.

From picks 10 through about 25 its hard to pick imo. Could go as high as 8 with Rockford's 2 picks there. Think we might see something interesting ;)

Will update the lists with that trade tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back