North melbourne 'lose' Ballarat zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballarat is sort of west of Melbourne. So it's ours. North should move north and take Wallan and Kilmore.

Collingwood and Carlton are in the north of Melbourne. Are they ours?

Honestly don't think their presence in Ballarat did anything for their supporter base. I Doubt it will do anything for the Bulldogs everyone here already supports an AFL team and Ballarat is only 1 hour 20 minutes away from Melbourne to Etihad/MCG. How are they meant to grow their supporter base in Ballarat?

Honestly don't think their presence in Ballarat did anything for their supporter base. I Doubt it will do anything for the Bulldogs everyone here already supports an AFL team and Ballarat is only 1 hour 20 minutes away from Melbourne to Etihad/MCG. How are they meant to grow their supporter base in Ballarat?

Hawks increased their supporters in Tassie despite similar circumstances.

Yeah Tassie/Ballarat pretty much the same thing.

In terms of their AFL support, sure they are. For some reason, people treat Tassie like it's NSW and QLD and think that it has no AFL support.

In terms of their AFL support, sure they are. For some reason, people treat Tassie like it's NSW and QLD and think that it has no AFL support.
It also had no games in its state and a lot of people signed up under the Hawk banner so they could see AFL games live.

It also had no games in its state and a lot of people signed up under the Hawk banner so they could see AFL games live.

Melbourne is only 50 minutes away. And I don't know a single non Hawthorn supporter with a Hawks membership.

Melbourne is only 50 minutes away. And I don't know a single non Hawthorn supporter with a Hawks membership.
Right well if you're going to tell me Tassie is closer than Ballarat because its only 50 minutes and ignore the mode of transport then I can't help you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks increased their supporters in Tassie despite similar circumstances.
Ballarat and Tassies are completely different.
One - Ballarat is 1 hour 20 minutes away from Etihad/MCG via train or car.
Two - Tassie to Etihad/MCG requires a plane, bus then train or plane and a taxi, costs more and would travel time longer also have to work around scheduled flights unlike train or driving yourself from Ballarat.

So it's quite a big difference comparing Ballarat to Tassie seeing as watching your own team is a train/drive away rather then a flight. So no it's not similiar circumstances at all. Unless you were planning to relocate and name yourselves to Ballarat I viewed North Melbournes time in Ballarat pointless as North Melbourne are still a minority in Ballarat as AFL teams supported.

Unless you're playing games on their doorstep people have no reason to support the club. They'll have existing allegiances, why change?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. North wanted to play games at Ballarat.

Right well if you're going to tell me Tassie is closer than Ballarat because its only 50 minutes and ignore the mode of transport then I can't help you

I'm not saying it's closer, but it it's not as if Tassie is across the country. It's probably easier for me to travel to Melbourne than Hobart.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. North wanted to play games at Ballarat.

I'm not saying it's closer, but it it's not as if Tassie is across the country. It's probably easier for me to travel to Melbourne than Hobart.
How ridiculous. Do you have a car?

I don't, but it takes over two hours to get there by car anyway.
Over? I was doing it borderline 2.

Easier to get to Melbourne then Hobart from Launnie? Easily one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Over? I was doing it borderline 2.

Easier to get to Melbourne then Hobart from Launnie? Easily one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Well I can't help you there. It's easier for me to travel to Melbourne than Hobart. That's a fact, whether you'd like to dispute it or not.

Well I can't help you there. It's easier for me to travel to Melbourne than Hobart. That's a fact, whether you'd like to dispute it or not.
It flat out doesn't make any sense. That's a fact, whether you'd like to dispute it or not.

It flat out doesn't make any sense. That's a fact, whether you'd like to dispute it or not.

Take a deep breath m80. It's going to be okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back