The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the back of my #16 Dogs jumper.

The knife is just out of view.

I'm still here Matt! ;)

We are all mad Bullies supporters, so we should be able to fight each other and then get over it just as quickly. Just like a big Scottish family - always fighting and belting each other, but still family through thick and thin.

Not like we aren't used to getting belted

That's not fair :p He is an abrasive bastard , but I find him interesting bastard none the less.
And he is a bulldog , so that makes him a friend of mine , no matter how much he tries to offend me. :)
Some don't like it , but reality is he has been largely been proven right as far as Macca goes.
Crawler:p but yeah a Bulldog is better than not, a difference of opinion is essential, we've all stuck with them no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the director of fiotball title is in name only? Why bother? Make us supporters feel like we are on a level field with other clubs?
No it's just the name we seem to have given for that role. The more conventional Football director/manager role was performed by Graham Lowe under a different title and it's a paid position much like Fantasia before him.

don't like it , but reality is he has been largely been proven right as far as Macca goes.

Look not sure who you are referring too although the abrasive reference narrows it... but it doesn't matter, making anyone out to be some kind of nostradamus because...

1 - They predicted a coach would be sacked (they nearly all are aren't they?)
2 - Saying some players don't like a coach (happens at every club, particularly fringe players)

Give me a spell.

Back to the coach, I think its been said but if our club goes down a path of another rookie senior (by choice or because no senior wants near us, or because Ess has hired them all), then we will need to have some very capable support in place. Macca was left high and dry with Lowe and Garlick, 2 relatively inexperienced admin people.

I am hoping a Neil Balme type could be found somewhere..I keep hoping to see the back of Lowe.

Perhaps a senior assistant without baggage, but with credibility.

Really think this coaching appointment will define this administration. Their future depends on it. More importantly so does the club's.

Yet to see an adequate explanation regarding our administration's recent work (losing a captain and coach in the space of a week), that inspires much confidence at all that they will make good decision.

Perhaps Gordon will just intervene and manage the process himself so it doesn't get too screwed up (like he did in recruiting Boyd).

I think we have the skeleton of a consensus
Lowe has a rugby background and as GM of our football department promoted in june 2013 has revealed no feel for the dressing room. However critical we may be of Garlic, as CEO his responsibilities are far broader. Lowe has categorically failed on his oversight responsibilities. Even if the club surreptitiously was hoping to off load senior players and cash in via draft trade, the way Griffen left, blindsided everyone and undermined our ability to maximise a deal. Lowe can no longer remain in that role.

Although i strongly prefer an experienced coach. If we are forced to appoint a rooky head coach, I think we are all agreed, we desperately need to appoint quality people around him. The GM of football must be someone who has the right gravitas and know how to manage a football department, list and dressing room. Maybe even someone like Worsfold who may not be ready to coach again or ever would be interested in such a role. It certainly cannot be Lowe.

Similarly, if it is not to be an experienced coach, he needs some assistants with broader experience:Matthew knights, McKenna ....
Montgomery likewise has now been at the club when too much crap has gone down. He needs a fresh start elsewhere and we need some fresh air as well.

If on the other hand we simply appoint a rooky coach to the existing team, we will stagger from one crisis to the next.

Peter Gordon you have some work to do.

I think we have the skeleton of a consensus
Lowe has a rugby background and as GM of our football department promoted in june 2013 has revealed no feel for the dressing room. However critical we may be of Garlic, as CEO his responsibilities are far broader. Lowe has categorically failed on his oversight responsibilities. Even if the club surreptitiously was hoping to off load senior players and cash in via draft trade, the way Griffen left, blindsided everyone and undermined our ability to maximise a deal. Lowe can no longer remain in that role.

Although i strongly prefer an experienced coach. If we are forced to appoint a rooky head coach, I think we are all agreed, we desperately need to appoint quality people around him. The GM of football must be someone who has the right gravitas and know how to manage a football department, list and dressing room. Maybe even someone like Worsfold who may not be ready to coach again or ever would be interested in such a role. It certainly cannot be Lowe.

Similarly, if it is not to be an experienced coach, he needs some assistants with broader experience:Matthew knights, McKenna ....
Montgomery likewise has now been at the club when too much crap has gone down. He needs a fresh start elsewhere and we need some fresh air as well.

If on the other hand we simply appoint a rooky coach to the existing team, we will stagger from one crisis to the next.

Peter Gordon you have some work to do.

Doesn't this tell you something though?

How can you blame Lowe when no-one saw this coming?

After all, wasn't it agreed by all that Griffen would give it another shot under McCartney? The club knew no different to this (and had no reason to suspect otherwise) and it was only after Griffens return from holiday that he publicly dropped the bombshell of wanting out and completely ruined our negotiating ability.

Doesn't this tell you something though?

How can you blame Lowe when no-one saw this coming?

After all, wasn't it agreed by all that Griffen would give it another shot under McCartney? The club knew no different to this (and had no reason to suspect otherwise) and it was only after Griffens return from holiday that he publicly dropped the bombshell of wanting out and completely ruined our negotiating ability.
The easiest thing to do is to believe that those who are now gone Macca and Griffen are some how entirely responsible and that they and they alone were the problem.

Trouble with that is that almost all of us revered Griffen and for good reasons. He did not suddenly become a traitorous sob with out legitimate rationale at least in his own mind. He expressed his concerns. Lowe would have been made aware of that and he had a job to discover how wide spread those issues were. He really should have known before griffen went to gordon. I can understand Gordon and garlic being blindsided at the scale of dissatisfaction amongst the playing group. Can you with a straight face say that Lowe had his finger anywhere near the pulse of the playing group?

And wouldn't you have to concede a GM of football should be aware of the players attitudes towards the coach - particularly if as some would say the man was an idiot? Personally abusive? Lost the playing group and hunters mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back