Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you heard similar rumblings mate?
Would be a handy addition to be honest.
Was hoping we got him last year when his name was floated around.

All I know is he had a feed Thursday night with a player or two and then with him not heading over to WC, well it looks good :)

Whatever you do - dont play him on Sam Mitchell

Late in 2013 - where he was being groomed as a tagger- and was going just ok in that role - he tagged Mitchell - in a game which Geelong actually won - Mitchell had 37 possessions and Taylor Hunt had 9 - he got the aarse out of the side for that effort - and never did a tagging job since

Hes no flash midfielder - at the start of this year - he played the 1st 6-7 games ( when Geelong were winning_) as a halfback - back pocket - and actually played quite good football - tidied up his kicking - because under pressure - and on the run - tends to have a double handed ball drop- then surprisingly got dropped - and didnt play another senior game for the year

Another thing - which use to piiss me off about him - was he wouldnt wear proper football socks - he would wear these cut -off black socks ( like a kid wears at primary school) - god only knows why

If you make the Grand Final - i think his best position would be - an Emergency !

Whatever you do - dont play him on Sam Mitchell

Late in 2013 - where he was being groomed as a tagger- and was going just ok in that role - he tagged Mitchell - in a game which Geelong actually won - Mitchell had 37 possessions and Taylor Hunt had 9 - he got the aarse out of the side for that effort - and never did a tagging job since

Hes no flash midfielder - at the start of this year - he played the 1st 6-7 games ( when Geelong were winning_) as a halfback - back pocket - and actually played quite good football - tidied up his kicking - because under pressure - and on the run - tends to have a double handed ball drop- then surprisingly got dropped - and didnt play another senior game for the year

Another thing - which use to piiss me off about him - was he wouldnt wear proper football socks - he would wear these cut -off black socks ( like a kid wears at primary school) - god only knows why

If you make the Grand Final - i think his best position would be - an Emergency !
Sounds like he's the perfect player we need
Multi position and multi role player. Awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Middle second sentence she covers herself with the word "likely"

It will happen. We have been interested in him the past couple of seasons, and weren't prepared to pay the Cats asking price and felt he was a strong chance at getting delisted.

Now we can get him for free, he will be a Tiger.

Yep and I still lay claim that he will wear 28
I'll have a cyber beer now thanks guys haha

Time for Downtown to have their way with me.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

It will happen. We have been interested in him the past couple of seasons, and weren't prepared to pay the Cats asking price and felt he was a strong chance at getting delisted.

Now we can get him for free, he will be a Tiger.
Sheesh that just sounds tragic.
"Guys I really want to get this player to our club,and the best part is he's free because he's going to get delisted!!

Last edited:
PAPERWORK is expected to be lodged this weekend that will see Taylor Hunt join Richmond.

The former Geelong midfielder had plenty of interest from three clubs – the Tigers, St Kilda and West Coast – since being delisted by the Cats, but has chosen to restart his career at Punt Road.

His manager, Anthony McConville, said the delisted free agent will line-up for the Tigers next season after 63 games in five years with the Cats.

"(I) can confirm that Taylor Hunt has agreed to sign with Richmond in 2015 with paperwork to be lodged with the AFL over the weekend," McConville told AFL.com.au.
Tigers Win The Hunt

Back