Review 2015 Suns Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough fixture that's for sure. I did a quick count and could only muster up 12 wins and I thought that was ambitious? Am I being too negative?
I actually had 17... Sydney finished with 17 this year.

Uh oh I'm becoming one of 'those'

Dissliking No Friday night games..
Friday night is money for jam.. Half of Melbourne sit around and watch the AFL friday evening.. Doesnt matter whose playing!!
And.. Of every club.. We have the least amount of games on both channel 7 free to air!! 2 GAMES!!
Were the everyones 2nd favourite team!! And were coming hard.. Beat all the top teams minus Fremantle and Hawthorn last year.. And we only get 2 games on channel 7.. That hurts!!

Also think with only 3 games in Melbourne, AFLS biggest fanbase.
2 of which are in the first 3 games
The Gold Coast should possibly look at moving 1 of there 11 home games at Metricon to the MCG..
As bad as that sounds, but with a max capicity of only 24,5k people at the moment.. :/
Be goood to play Richmond or someone big at the MCG as a home game drawing 60k plus!!
Bigger crowds.. Finals like atmosphere.. Etc.. Probably more money in the pocket.
Thoughts?

Who are you thinking we'll lose to?

I'm thinking Geelong, West Coast, Adelaide and Collingwood. I am being presumptious but I think Adelaide and Collingwood will improve next year. If we improve a heap compared to last year we could be 7-1 before Hawthorn but I don't think we will be that consistent just yet, we may drop games here and there that we were expected to win.

Friday night is money for jam.. Half of Melbourne sit around and watch the AFL friday evening.. Doesnt matter whose playing!!
And.. Of every club.. We have the least amount of games on both channel 7 free to air!! 2 GAMES!!
Were the everyones 2nd favourite team!! And were coming hard.. Beat all the top teams minus Fremantle and Hawthorn last year.. And we only get 2 games on channel 7.. That hurts!!

Do we have a deal with Foxtel? That would be the only reason I could think of.

Thankfully Queenslanders get all the games live on 7, but I can't believe that outside of QLD we only get 2 free-to-air games out of 22 games. Thankfully I've finally got Fox Footy with the HD addon - an eye orgasm.

For the 2015 season Foxtel with HD Sports will be $60 per month, which is a little better than it is currently. I don't have the figures on me, but Fox Footy gets a *load more viewers than I would have expected, so it hopefully won't have too much of an impact overall. Still BS though.

Thankfully Queenslanders get all the games live on 7, but I can't believe that outside of QLD we only get 2 free-to-air games out of 22 games. Thankfully I've finally got Fox Footy with the HD addon - an eye orgasm.

For the 2015 season Foxtel with HD Sports will be $60 per month, which is a little better than it is currently. I don't have the figures on me, but Fox Footy gets a ****load more viewers than I would have expected, so it hopefully won't have too much of an impact overall. Still BS though.

I refuse to get Foxtel so that puts me in a no-win position, as I am only able to watch 2 (4 if go to MCG, but who wants to see Melbourne play) out of 22 games for the season. I guess we'll have to make finals so I can watch a bit. Looking forward to 2016.

I refuse to get Foxtel so that puts me in a no-win position, as I am only able to watch 2 (4 if go to MCG, but who wants to see Melbourne play) out of 22 games for the season. I guess we'll have to make finals so I can watch a bit. Looking forward to 2016.
maybe go to a pub which has fox footy for the other games?

although, if you get foxtel, $60 a month for 6 months (1 april to 1 sep) the season goes is $360. Would you spend this much at the pub watching games and dropping coin for food and drinks? and even if you would spend say half this at a pub, the $360 for foxtel does get you another 50 channels, and other sports

The Saturday twilight games have always been an exclusive timeslot for Foxtel. The Suns requested more twilight games as it's what fans who attend games prefer. The trade off was always going to be that more of our games are broadcast on foxtel as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe go to a pub which has fox footy for the other games?

although, if you get foxtel, $60 a month for 6 months (1 april to 1 sep) the season goes is $360. Would you spend this much at the pub watching games and dropping coin for food and drinks? and even if you would spend say half this at a pub, the $360 for foxtel does get you another 50 channels, and other sports
At the same time as AFL, there's every Super Rugby (which is ******* awesome btw), the NRL, every AFL game, plus other international sports from the US and Europe. You'll also get HD Fox Sports News and other basic channels. Even though it's expensive relative to other options around the world, I'd say that's a pretty good deal if you're really into sports. For example I watch every AFL game per round and every Rugby game per round, plus a few NRL games. All of those in HD makes $60 a month worth it for me.

I was the same for years. Absolutely refused to pay to watch TV when I could watch it for free.

That was until I got sick of not being able to see enough of the games I actually wanted to watch and got the shits with seeing Brisneyland and Sydney all of the time (both of who I couldn't give a toss about).

And .... then I got Fox ..... and ..... It's freakin awesome.
Some great program's other than the games too, like AFL 360, On the Couch, and Open Mike.
Makes me feel like I'm not living in a Rugby League dominated state anymore.

Also get to see heaps of other great stuff too, like NFL, golf (Ryder Cup coverage recently was unbelievable), and EPL.

I actually can't remember what I did before I had Foxtel.

I always have to laugh at people who refuse to pay for a service. Watching sport is not a god given right nor is buying Foxtel selling yourself in to some mass conspiracy. Fox Footy is ******* tops.

I always have to laugh at people who refuse to pay for a service. Watching sport is not a god given right nor is buying Foxtel selling yourself in to some mass conspiracy. Fox Footy is ******* tops.

Oh no, I've sold my soul to the devil alright. But it just feels soooo right.

........ I feel so dirty. :oops:

Oh no, I've sold my soul to the devil alright. But it just feels soooo right.

........ I feel so dirty. :oops:
evil empire - hehehhehe - people sometimes ask me how do I feel paying money into the evil Murdoch empire.
I dont look at it as money going to murdoch, but rather as money being paid to the lovely amy greenbank on the weather channel. damn she fine that girl.
plus of course, the money goes to the sporting codes etc

That's the funniest one about Murdoch. Some people need to get a life.

evil empire - hehehhehe - people sometimes ask me how do I feel paying money into the evil Murdoch empire.
I dont look at it as money going to murdoch, but rather as money being paid to the lovely amy greenbank on the weather channel. damn she fine that girl.
plus of course, the money goes to the sporting codes etc
Plus, Murdoch only owns 50% of Foxtel, so it's not as bad haha. But you're exactly right, the money that people pay for the sports channels go to the sporting codes themselves. The Fox Sports talk shows are great and are of really high quality.

There's obviously all the AFL shows throughout the season, but I also love Rugby HQ with John Eales and co. There's also Cricket 360, NRL 360, the soccer talk show, and my favourite, Back Page Live (such a great show). Our money goes into funding those quality Australian shows, as well as the great coverage of sports worldwide. Can't complain with the quality, that's for sure.

And every Nab Challenge game is on Fox Footy live!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back