List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think not, but I keep wondering what the point would be of having McKernan on the RL if we envision him in the ruck/fwd role Stanley vacated.

Means he needs a LTI to be of any use.

Hickey and Longer get the gig. One of them goes down hurt, you elevate McKernan thanks to that same rule that had us playing Eli from week 1.

I can't remember the exact rule but I think it's 1 rookie elevated if the person they replace can't play until week 5.
Then another can be elevated if the person they replace can't play until week 11 (we replaced Gilbert with Mav).
Then from week 12 someone can be elevated permanently (for the rest of the year anyway, so your list becomes 43 players from mid-season).

Its basically injury cover. If your started goes down, your young developing backup plays. If they also get hurt, you've a mature player hungry for a chance ready to step in.

Gee Swans have really helped us out a lot and have been more than accomodating when dealing with Tim. Thumbs up to them, they could've played hardball and forced him to the PSD, stopping him from training with us I believe.

Or maybe, it's just genuine guilt over trading us TDL for the pick at which Membrey was taken. It almost feels as though that trade never happened now, at least in my mind!

But wasn't it just a Richmond supporter doing a Goddard/Carlton? :rolleyes:
Just because a poster suggests it might happen on Bigfooty doesn't make it so, and yes, often where there is a player who (real or rumoured) supports a particular club, he gets linked to that club whether or not there is any solid basis for that link, particularly on the net;

See Michie to St. Kilda, Goddard to Carlton, etc.

Additionally no, just because it's in mainstream print doesn't make it 100per cent certain, but I'm still happy for the guy, and I still remain skeptical of things posted on an Internet forum.

That ok?

Gee I'd be thrilled to bits if that news that Gold Coast are into Clem Smith at 14/15 is true and they take him there. He has elite agility and natural footy ability, but is just 177cm, apparently gives away free kicks like they are going out of style, is not meant to be much chop by foot (especially over the shorter distances/precision type kicks), isn't necessarily that quick and from what I've read tested horribly for endurance at the combine. If he is gone by 21 that will be awesome.

Just because a poster suggests it might happen on Bigfooty doesn't make it so, and yes, often where there is a player who (real or rumoured) supports a particular club, he gets linked to that club;

See Michie to St. Kilda, Goddard to Carlton, etc.

And no, just because it's in mainstream print doesn't make it 100per cent certain, but I'm still happy for the guy, and I still remain skeptical of things posted on an Internet forum.

That ok?
It is not ok.

You sound like you're getting a little angry...... I'm doing well to annoy you. :D

It is not ok.

You sound like you're getting a little angry...... I'm doing well to annoy you. :D
shake-head.gif

saintbill
That seems fairly likely.
My concern with it, is that we are likely to see a KPD slide to us, and a non-elite midfielder. We don't however get to choose who they are; our position in this draft, and the depth of talent, means we are being left with the dregs of other teams. Always concerns me.
Last year was a bit different as there was a broad range of players with positives and negatives (e.g. Dunstan a competitive and ready-to-play on-field leader but potential ceiling to his abilities, Acres a potentially game-breaking talent but with injury concerns and some clubs maybe wary of go-home desire with him being WA) but this year I don't know if the talent has real deficiencies rather than just minor concerns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it not the risk you take? Other clubs would be free to take Schneider. Don't see it being that different to us taking Mav Weller in the 2nd round last year; he trained with us but we had to specific right to him.
Perhaps but has there been a time before where another team has poached a player in such a situation? It is something that will 100% sour further trade negotiations.

Is it not the risk you take? Other clubs would be free to take Schneider. Don't see it being that different to us taking Mav Weller in the 2nd round last year; he trained with us but we had to specific right to him.

I thought the other clubs were trying to bait us into take him in the first round? Esp teams like the bulldogs.

Wasn't aware Sean Dempster had a cousin in the draft until i just had a sneaky look at the Swans board.

Versatility is the new black in Australian Football circles, and Canberra youngster Logan Austin is among this year's draft crop's most adaptable players.

Gone are the days of one-dimensional footballers, excelling at the top level nowadays more often than not means having multiple strings to your bow; with several genuine athletic strengths, a good sized frame, and a flexible football brain to match.

19-year-old Austin, cousin of All-Australian St Kilda star Sean Dempster, ticks all of those boxes, combing strong aerial skills and sharp closing speed, standing 196cm tall, and tipping the scales at 87kg.
http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?i...]=1874&cHash=94f5601b39bda2395265cc1d6beacf28

Hf Billings Reiwoldt Membrey

F Templeton McCartin White

Possible round 1 forward line if we draft McCartin an throw in Membrey into the mix...kind of like the look of it anyone agree??

Possible round 1 forward line if we draft McCartin an throw in Membrey into the mix...kind of like the look of it anyone agree??
looks good Chalky. But there will be nobody to kick the ball to them if we don't draft Petracca :p

looks good Chalky. But there will be nobody to kick the ball to them if we don't draft Petracca :p
Still got mids who can move the ball Armitage,Steven,Joey,Newnes,an the emerging Dunstan an Acres an Weller..
But clearly a line breaker like Petracca is needed.Oh well guess we juck Lee at full forward then see how long he lasts before he's back to sandy.

Still got mids who can move the ball Armitage,Steven,Joey,Newnes,an the emerging Dunstan an Acres an Weller..
But clearly a line breaker like Petracca is needed.Oh well guess we juck Lee at full forward then see how long he lasts before he's back to sandy.
Both McCartin and Petracca wouldve been the perfect case scenario wouldnt it . If only we had a priority pick this yr :-(

Too bad we wont have anyone to kick it to them. We need quality mids before anything.

If we dont take Petracca @ #1 I will lose my s**t

Petracca better be all that he is hyped up to be. I'm sick of these No.1 pick failing to be all their made out to be. I think you have to be more balanced and ensure that you get the player that will be an out and out A grade player, however, the risk is so high.

What are the chances of Simpkin getting a payout if we like someone who gets through to the PSD?
FA has really made the PSD useless, particularly DFA, as clubs finalise their list through this method.
Think someone said if a player gets given a contract by their club but doesn't take it then they have to go through the PSD but realistically which club wouldn't delist their player if they were seeking greater opportunity aka Membrey, Newton, etc.

The only time I could see that happening would be in a Dayne Beams situation where Collingwood couldn't get a trade done for two straight trade periods and wants to dog him, but that would be silly of Collingwood to not get anything for him

Petracca better be all that he is hyped up to be. I'm sick of these No.1 pick failing to be all their made out to be. I think you have to be more balanced and ensure that you get the player that will be an out and out A grade player, however, the risk is so high.

Who are ALL these no.1's that are no good?

Only Melbournes no.1's - Watts and Scully haven't made the grade.

Petracca will be what he his. I remember supporters bagging bj as being no good in his first couple of seasons.

Petracca is miles ahead of anyone else in the draft, no point in getting a McCartin with no mids to get it to him.

And how is having the No1 pick a high risk. Logically it is a lower risk than any other pick in the draft. You are almost guaranteed of a top quality player, arguments can rage (Hodge or Judd) who is better, but you will be arguing about quality.

Anyway we will get Cameron next trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back