FTA-TV Amazing Race 25

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Amazing Race 25 starts on Friday October 3..........at the ideal time of 11pm on Channel 7 :rolleyes:. I guess they don't want the show to succeed but I am happy they are at least showing it. The recorder will get a workout abut skpping all the ads is a plus.

The race starts from Times Square in New York - I won't post anymore until the show starts, purely because I don't to see any spoilers.

This is my first American Amazing Race, have only watched the Aussie ones before but love them so finally decided to watch these too. After even one episode it's impressive how much slicker the american presentation is. Far less talking heads describing exactly what it about to happen or has just happened is much appreciated.

dart

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Claremont Jets
I won't give anything away other than to say the dentist dude spends waaaaaaaaay too much time in the tanning bed.

too much time on the tanning bed and in the gym - he could pull your teeth out with his bare hands.

scariest dentist ever.

really looking forward to this season, will be watching at US pace - so won't post in this thread from now on.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So first episode last night..............loved it...........catch up on the 7 website if you missed it..........some spoilers beloew

* Loved the challenges and tasks - tested them all both physically and mentally. The first leg can always be hit and miss but at least they got tested early. The compass thing was a good task for that reason.
* All the teams did look physically fit - even the big firefighters looked fit. Usually you have a team or two you know will struggle
* How can all of the teams not know where the first race finished........clearly they don't watch the show
* Loved all the matching fluro colours at the start - except for one team, which weren't co-ordinated
* Pearly Whites - great nickname. Would be early favourites but I am sure a meltdown will happen pretty quickly
* Glad the real estate agents were gone - they might be successful but clearly it is because of thier looks than brains. They deserved it after that stunt at the sign up board
* The college 'roommates'...........seriously, are they together because they are exact replicas of each other? They could pass off as twins. You know what you will get with a team like that, will follow the script as always
* I do like the flight attendants but they will be a middle of the road team
* All the teams have a good chance - I don't see the firefighters lasting too long, despite thier obvious strengths.
* Will be an interesting series but it is clearly a race of the 'good looking people' this time around

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I heard Keith and Whitney from survivor were on it and they didn't ring a bell until I watched it last night. Gets a big ugh from me. Can't quite remember but pretty sure Whitney burnt her partner (not on survivor) something shocking by hooking up with Keith on the show.

What goes around, comes around for the real estate agents.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Good second episode - laughed at the fact the two teams who were the 'biggest fans' and best prepared were fighting for last

The surfers are a solid team - it will be interesting if they have to deal with tactics from other teams, I want to see how they go under pressure. Good tasks all round - the teams all look pretty even but the firefighters will go next.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leg three - still no shocks so far. Can they please escape to a non English speaking country.........even going to Denmark next isn't exactly hard to get around with only speaking English

Interesting 3rd leg. The detour was between slicing up 50 lots of peat and taking up a hill to a house with a Shetland pony (which became more difficult as the task went on) and making a traditional torch for their viking festival and then teams had to corall sheep straight through three gates and then get them into a pen. The dentists and surfers look to be the teams to beat for me.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Taking the cars on the ferry was a brutal leveller. Last cars on are the first ones out and the firefighters went from last to first. Wonder if the producers realised that would happen beforehand because they didn't show teams bitching about it and surely they did. Didn't help them in the end, they were stiff though that there were two detours rather than a roadblock where Mike could have sat out. Herding sheep is about as nasty as it could get on one leg, your teammate can't really pick up the slack for you.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I don't the firefighters would have lasted much longer. That ankle was pretty bad, and it wasn't going to get much better.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Good tasks in Leg 4.........shame the 'most dominant' team in Amazing Race history were so close to being eliminated. The non elimination saves them - Phil should have accepted the save right there and then - bit lucky to have the non elimination save them.

Can they please make it to a non English speaking country soon?

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So, good leg but ultimately not much happened - happy the bikers won another leg, they are getting better with each leg. I might have underestimated them

Can't believe no one u-turn 'Team Domination' - they all had the chance. Someone should have done it purely to lose the save.

Speaking of which, I am laughing at Misti - two roadblocks and she makes the most basic errors. The menu thing and forgetting to hold with one arm. She will ultimately cost them the race.

Glad the Survivors are gone...........the mother and daughter will go next.

Back