Preview 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Quit your whining. *Essendon are emigrating to Bellerive for the 2016 season.
2hL8azR.png

Round Opponent Result Total Wins
1 Richmond Win 1
2 West Coast Win 2
3 Essendon Loss
4 St. Kilda Win 3
5 Collingwood Win 4
6 Brisbane Loss
7 GWS Win 5
8 Geelong Win 6
9 Sydney Loss
10 Adelaide Win 7
11 Port Adelaide Loss
12 Gold Coast Loss
13 Western Melbourne Win 8
14 Richmond Loss
15 Fremantle Loss
16 Hawthorn Loss
17 North Melbourne Loss
18 Collingwood Win 9
19 Brisbane Loss
20 Melbourne Win 10
21 GWS Loss
22 Hawthorn Loss

If we lose twice to Brisbane we don't deserve to make finals! Hoping we smash the drug cheats this year.

If we lose twice to Brisbane we don't deserve to make finals! Hoping we smash the drug cheats this year.

Lions have decent mids and good youth coming in too, addition of Beams & Christiensen means will only get better

Have you actually watched any Lions games? Lol

Lions have decent mids and good youth coming in too, addition of Beams & Christiensen means will only get better

Yes I do, they had a great trade week, their midfield looks good, think they will struggle up forward and maybe in the backhalf as well. They have a lot of midfielders and while Beams, Redden, Christenson etc kick a few goals it is mainly playing in the midfield, drifting forward in space and losing their opponent, a bit different to starting as a forward with a direct opponent. Looks like they will copy the Ratten model of 2 or 3 KPs and the rest 6 footers.

If we cannot beat them in Melbourne then we are in serious trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but think they'll be missing a number of their players for our round 3 match.

What's with the Lion's and drugs? Have I missed something? Anyone care to elaborate?

I'm pleased that the fixture caters for those of us who like our footy played in natural light. I like the fact that we don't go near Docklands until May. The South Australian teams before and after the bye at the 'G gets better as I think more about it. I said to a Richmond mate of mine today that our fixture is good because we only play a top team twice and that's the Hawks. I then added the four easier fixtures where we play bottom teams twice and included Richmond. No trip to Adelaide Oval gets a tick of approval. Essendon once makes sense. The Bombers might struggle to field a decent team next year. The AFL is guaranteeing it's revenue by giving us Richmond at the 'G twice. I give this fixture 7.5 out of 10.

Initially thought, geez this is a tough draw considering where we finished but shows how much I have lost confidence in our performances.

Then I remembered that we finished off the season pretty well and we will have a few key blokes back from injury and brought a few more in via trade week too and I changed my mind.

Now I think ...... If we can't beat every other club, then we don't deserve to win a premiership.

The video on the AFL site bemoans the fact we have 7 six day breaks because we have one of the oldest lists going around. Really?
We have three players that will be playing as 31 year olds in 2015, several in the playing prime bracket and a host of kids.
How are we the oldest? :confused:

I don't think you can bring age into things unless one can categorically say that a player is well below their best.
Judd has stepped up from last year having got injury concerns behind him and Simpson will play like a 25 y.o. for a couple of years yet.
So it's Carrazzo then? One player that may not necessarily be part of our best 22 anyway.

The Dogs top end are older as a matter of fact, with Murphy, Boyd and Morris playing as 32 year olds next year.

After the draft our average age will be a whole lot younger. I mean, how many other teams are going to bring in 9 kids over the draft? Even Dick as a DFA is only 20.

The video on the AFL site bemoans the fact we have 7 six day breaks because we have one of the oldest lists going around. Really?
We have three players that will be playing as 31 year olds in 2015, several in the playing prime bracket and a host of kids.
How are we the oldest? :confused:

I don't think you can bring age into things unless one can categorically say that a player is well below their best.
Judd has stepped up from last year having got injury concerns behind him and Simpson will play like a 25 y.o. for a couple of years yet.
So it's Carrazzo then? One player that may not necessarily be part of our best 22 anyway.

The Dogs top end are older as a matter of fact, with Murphy, Boyd and Morris playing as 32 year olds next year.

Yeah when I heard that I thought .... WTF? ...... Have they stopped talking about the Blues are now they're talking about another team?

What's the deal with Carlton vs Adelaide?

This will now be 5 years in a row where Adelaide have travelled to play Carlton in Melbourne, and Adelaide haven't played Carlton in Adelaide since 2010.

Even Dick as a DFA is only 20".
That's pretty impressive!

Yes and they aren't great. Will probably finish around 10th next year around us. A few of their midfielders are overrated. Cockliff for starters. 50 touches with 0 influence.

What's the deal with Carlton vs Adelaide?

This will now be 5 years in a row where Adelaide have travelled to play Carlton in Melbourne, and Adelaide haven't played Carlton in Adelaide since 2010.
Pretty dissappointing to say the least. Was looking forward to checking out the new ground. Will have to wait another year now :'( .

As a
Quit your whining. *Essendon are emigrating to Bellerive for the 2016 season.
As an extremely proud Taswegian I must say even the thought of it....just yuck. Cold shivers.

Understand totally where BlueTongue is coming from but still, the Adelaide fans have been right royally screwed. There's 2 teams in that state & not 1 of our games there. Disgusting.

Fairly positive draw, that aside. No Sunday & Monday night games must be music to the ears of our Blue Victorians. Bout bloody time.

On a quick side note, does this $50 Blue membership count to the tally? I can't get over to games currently & don't wish to get the $50 job if it doesn't count toward our membership numbers.

We need 50k+ this year, hoping the draw helps us climb to 55k to be honest. Simply have to start closing the gap on Pies, Tigers, Hawks etc. Been lagging behind far too long now.

Oh and happy Derby Day. May you all win as much kanga as I plan to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back