Our special little cousins to the west

Remove this Banner Ad

As for those saying this is poor form, all I see in BF when Dogs fans talk about 'LOL Norf' is how they think they're better than us and we're a small club and poor and etc. * those campaigners, they are absolute minnows, there's no solidarity from their point of view and there shouldnt be any from ours. You know for sure that if we had of relocated in those dark days it would have been those guys that tried to feed on the scraps of whatever was left without an ounce of sympathy in sight.

Very highbrow. We should accept that in football, some are less equal than others.

Suggest you read some of the crap they post about us and get back with your support of that. You don't necessarily get the full picture on this board.
Don't know if you're referring to what I posted, but that was purely in retaliation to this thread.

This isn't meant to be a troll, and doesn't apply to everyone here or yourself obviously, but there are a few North supporters on Bigfooty that are... let's say less than pleasant. They give off the aura that they think their s**t doesn't stink, and it rubs a lot of supporters the wrong way. And then there's a thread like this, and it's not a glowing endorsement on the supporter base as a whole.

But then on the flipside, there are some supporters from our side that are also less than pleasant. The problem is that there is a big concentration of North supporters on Bigfooty, and as we know negative posts will stand out a lot more than a positive post. And because there's a big concentration of North supporters, there are more of those posters that rub people the wrong way, and people base the opinion of the supporter base off of that group of posters. Same with any club really though.

Let's not kid ourselves. We're both small clubs in the competition, and you guys are just coming into a flag window, while we're battling back from a slide down the ladder. This whole shitfight of calling each other minnows or poor or anything like that is kind of hypocritical from both sides.

I personally kind of like North, every supporter I've met bar one idiot has been pretty cool. But I don't really have much to do with you guys so I don't have too much of an opinion towards you. All I know is that our games are usually a non-event, either boring or recently we get flogged and I get sad :p :(

But you can't act high and mighty and say that this is ok because of the crap we post on our board, because you guys post as much crap about us on your board as well. It's just what happens when you get a lot of personalities together and they see some posts that they don't like and start shooting the s**t about it.

Can't really do much about it unfortunately.

As for those saying this is poor form, all I see in BF when Dogs fans talk about 'LOL North' is how they think they're better than us and we're a small club and poor and etc. **** those campaigners, they are absolute minnows, there's no solidarity from their point of view and there shouldnt be any from ours. You know for sure that if we had of relocated in those dark days it would have been those guys that tried to feed on the scraps of whatever was left without an ounce of sympathy in sight.
No point letting these twats wind us up.....we've just played in a prelim...they've just sacked their coach and had their captain walk out to a club that struggles to pull a 5 figure crowds. And in the heat of the moment paid a silly sum of much money to an unproven kid that may even prompt buddy to sack Pickering on a relative value basis. Hmmmm.....suddenly I'm seeing the godees in a very positive light......all relative mind you.

Must be the off season. The kind of vitriol in this thread should only be directed at the *scum from tullamarine.
I don't hate the dogs I don't particularly like them though. But meh all the best to them

Don't know if you're referring to what I posted, but that was purely in retaliation to this thread.

This isn't meant to be a troll, and doesn't apply to everyone here or yourself obviously, but there are a few North supporters on Bigfooty that are... let's say less than pleasant. They give off the aura that they think their s**t doesn't stink, and it rubs a lot of supporters the wrong way. And then there's a thread like this, and it's not a glowing endorsement on the supporter base as a whole.

But then on the flipside, there are some supporters from our side that are also less than pleasant. The problem is that there is a big concentration of North supporters on Bigfooty, and as we know negative posts will stand out a lot more than a positive post. And because there's a big concentration of North supporters, there are more of those posters that rub people the wrong way, and people base the opinion of the supporter base off of that group of posters. Same with any club really though.

Let's not kid ourselves. We're both small clubs in the competition, and you guys are just coming into a flag window, while we're battling back from a slide down the ladder. This whole shitfight of calling each other minnows or poor or anything like that is kind of hypocritical from both sides.

I personally kind of like North, every supporter I've met bar one idiot has been pretty cool. But I don't really have much to do with you guys so I don't have too much of an opinion towards you. All I know is that our games are usually a non-event, either boring or recently we get flogged and I get sad :p :(

But you can't act high and mighty and say that this is ok because of the crap we post on our board, because you guys post as much crap about us on your board as well. It's just what happens when you get a lot of personalities together and they see some posts that they don't like and start shooting the s**t about it.

Welcome to the internet, my friend.

Welcome to the internet, my friend.

Lol. Watching that had my mind wandering back to all nighters spent cockeyed on chemicals in front of Rage, post a pub/club piss up, and periodically flicking to a test pattern or white noise on an alternate channel, back in 1989.

All that tells me is you're old and live vicariously through your team.

Pffftt...don't know upon what evidence you base that decisive conclusion upon my rabid friend. No older than boomer himself.....living vicariously through my team????...I've done more in my lifetime than most. I like your feisty attitude though, look me up next time your in New York, never know may even take you under my wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think anyone is getting high and mighty based on your boards comments. Has more to do with some posters on our board scolding fellow posters. In my opinion it's fair game. You board gives us s**t, we give you s**t. Who cares! It's not a popularity contest. Now piss of you dog bastard :cool:

blah blah

Nah mate, I wouldn't know you from a chocolate biscuit (black on black? Hi Nova!). It's not as if I would waste my time reading your stuff.

More a comment on the little man syndrome of some (about half) Bulldogs posters.

Cheers.

sovXF5f.gif

Speaking of vicariously. How's the Western Bulldogs fans experiencing 'success' through the Footscray VFL side, must be painful never winning anything so you have to celebrate reserves premierships as though they're senior ones.

Don't forget the NAB Cup they won a few years back.

Indeed we are amateurish at losing prelims. Normally we win them.

Ignoring any "I know you are but what am I" childish retaliation about the Dogs from you, but it's been a while hasn't it? I mean, the last time you won a prelim I was aged in single figures and kicking dirt at kids at school. Now I'm in my mid-twenties and just kick dirt at people on here in my spare time between work (and let's face it, while at work).

I've seen us get close in prelims, only to be denied by freaks like Riewoldt with umpire assistance. Meanwhile I've only seen tredrea take a bow and north otherwise get flogged in prelims.

Speaking of vicariously. How's the Western Bulldogs fans experiencing 'success' through the Footscray VFL side, must be painful never winning anything so you have to celebrate reserves premierships as though they're senior ones.

You wouldn't understand unless North had their own VFL side. The while year was a celebration, football back at Whitten Oval, our young players playing well and developing together.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ wow, where has this dude been? He's truly dumb as dogshit. Freely admits to anti-social behaviour like it's some badge of honour, like he's really tough and watch out if you're in his way because here comes a faceful of (now metaphorical) dirt from that really tough guy. Did it as a kid, does it as an adult. Wow, impressive.

Still bitter about prelim final losses when we've seen our team smash them to bits.

And not understanding the warm, fuzzy feeling of having a VFL side? This is too funny. Jeez you've set the bar low for yourself. Giggle. IIRC, we won plenty of reserves flags when we were winning real ones, too. Not that I really remember because it's totally irrelevant to what we want out of being a football supporter. I suppose there are those that will rationalise that they are satisfied with winning something trivial because they don't even know where the big dance is held.

Ahem:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ound-unconscious/story-e6frf9jf-1226443886175
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bulldog-liberatore-quizzed-over-drug-offences-20120806-23pda.html
etc.

2014 2nd Elimination Final -- NMFC vs. Essendon -…: .

Aaaaahhhhh.......Success......Beats beating Box Hill.
Big crowd. Friday night. Australia wide audience. Old rivals. 33 points down. Only 2 goals till half time.
We got a coach. captain and a kid, Brown who has kicked more goals than kid getting a $1,000,000 a year after 9 fairly ordinary games.
Looking good North. Keep impressing me. God l love pi**ing contests..... mine's bigger than yours.....

Last edited:
And not understanding the warm, fuzzy feeling of having a VFL side? This is too funny. Jeez you've set the bar low for yourself. Giggle. IIRC, we won plenty of reserves flags when we were winning real ones, too. Not that I really remember because it's totally irrelevant to what we want out of being a football supporter. I suppose there are those that will rationalise that they are satisfied with winning something trivial because they don't even know where the big dance is held.

Ahem:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ound-unconscious/story-e6frf9jf-1226443886175
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bulldog-liberatore-quizzed-over-drug-offences-20120806-23pda.html
etc.

That was a different era back then. I don't know why its difficult to understand how much football back at whitten oval means to a supporter group after all these years?

As for the Liberatore stuff, at least he was only found with drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throw out a line......and the bait is taken ! Reel ' em in.
They flop around for a while as life ebbs away.
Sad to see.....
This really is fun ! Cold in Seoul today. Might spend all day fishing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back