Potential father-sons watch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Jarman is the one, silky half forward/midfielders he can go to either Crows or us, Crows would have to be the front runner, being his home town, but who knows, were a pretty attractive option at the moment.

Ben just won the Under 16s best and fairest at North Adelaide, in a very good side. If he's good enough, hopefully he makes the right choice about which club to nominate as a father-son selection.

Ben just won the Under 16s best and fairest at North Adelaide, in a very good side. If he's good enough, hopefully he makes the right choice about which club to nominate as a father-son selection.
He is off to the crows. Hawks have next to no chance. He is an Adelaide fan, he lives there, his family lives there. In two years Hawthorn will probably be on the way down as well. Just can't see him playing in brown and gold, unfortunately.

I wish this thread could become a stickied topic It's some thing that every one is interested in and it keeps getting bumped.

Last edited:
He is off to the crows. Hawks have next to no chance. He is an Adelaide fan, he lives there, his family lives there. In two years Hawthorn will probably be on the way down as well. Just can't see him playing in brown and gold, unfortunately.

Depending on where Adelaide are in a year or two, he may be sufficiently lured by that sweet smell of success...

Depending on where Adelaide are in a year or two, he may be sufficiently lured by that sweet smell of success...

Let's hope so. Perhaps the only concern is he is quite small (the article mentioned 172cm). Hope he would have grown a couple more inches by the time his draft comes around.

Just to change tack a little. I think the AFL should change the number of games played by players back to 50.
With the bidding system now & the club having to give up a higher pick to gain a player, just seems fairer.

Just to change tack a little. I think the AFL should change the number of games played by players back to 50.
With the bidding system now & the club having to give up a higher pick to gain a player, just seems fairer.

Yeah it probably means more kids get to the clubs they support which I think is a good thing.

Tom Curran, once an object of every Hawk posters affection has been delisted by North.

I guess Wright got that one right after all.

Fair go, the kid has an injury from which he won't recover and which he got upon arrival at the club.
What was it?

Easy tiger. I haven't been following him as closely as you it seems.

What was it?

Easy tiger. I haven't been following him as closely as you it seems.
Sorry, was not trying to have a go at you.

To be honest I haven't followed him closely at all but ever single mention of him over the last few years has mentioned a serious foot injury. Sounds like after 3 operations he has given up.

On the road to recovery from his second surgery on a troublesome right foot, Curran received the bad news that his navicular bone wasn’t healing the way the club and he would have liked it to.

It meant a third round of surgery in early August, providing the youngster another setback. Curran should be able to start running by Christmas.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/player-profile/tom-curran

YOUNG North Melbourne key forward Tom Curran will miss the rest of the 2013 season after suffering a recurrence of the serious foot injury that ruined his 2012 season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-29/foot-injury-ends-currans-year

TOM CURRAN's first two seasons at North Melbourne have been ruined by a recurring foot injury, but the Roos have reaffirmed their faith in the key forward, re-signing him for 2014.

Curran, 19, told AFL.com.au on Tuesday he could not thank the Roos enough for their continued faith in him after two right navicular stress fractures in a year had limited him to six VFL games in his two seasons at the club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-05/new-deal-for-hobbled-roo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really shouldn't be getting too excited about Ben-jarman Jarman. He is almost certain to nominate Crows. If he does the unexpected and nominates Hawks, then get excited. But I won't be losing any sleep.

He may decide that he wants to come to a champion team, and learn from the very best.

Ripping young fella Tom. Hope he gets another chance in the AFL.

Or if that doesn't work out he could always turn his hand to golf. He was off a pretty low handicap as a schoolboy.

Time to establish a Father-Son Academy!

Let's give the Son's of Gun's the very best chance to succeed in following in their Fathers footsteps.

Let's give the Son's of Gun's the very best chance to succeed in following in their Fathers footsteps.
Not a bad call at all. Think the Blues have this set up.

I couldn't understand this. Too many apostrophes.

Is Billy Gowers supposed to be any good? Andy played 89 games for us. Would be a bummer if the kid turns out to be good. This is why I like 100 game club milestones. You get to sit back and watch the sons developing knowing that you have them locked in.

679114-76e0fcf6-3ee0-11e4-b47e-8d2e235f360a.jpg

Sorry, was not trying to have a go at you.

To be honest I haven't followed him closely at all but ever single mention of him over the last few years has mentioned a serious foot injury. Sounds like after 3 operations he has given up.
Not sure if it is the same type of injuring that Egan had at Geelong, but was just as bad. It wasn't so much that he gave up but the medicos advised him to hang up the boots. Sad because I really liked his junior footy highlights, was really excited about him.

Why is your president trying to stop the father son rule?

I think it's one of the best things about the game. Imagine a dunstall or plattern playing for carlton!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back