Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Broughton? As a defender that is. Could release picked to be that extra body in the midfield if he can't go through there enough himself
I think the Suns are going to rookie him.

Would probably be more interested in a spot on a senior list if we offered it to him instead of being rookied though. Isn't that what happened with Lower?
Yeah, I think so.

I like his height and relative experience, but I'm not so sure about him. I'd prefer to take someone like Hamling and then head to the draft.

Broughton I'd take. Fills a need and was good at Freo. We need more rebounding defenders. He, Biggs and Darley is a start.

Would probably be more interested in a spot on a senior list if we offered it to him instead of being rookied though. Isn't that what happened with Lower?

They don't have anyone on their mature aged list, so he gets upgraded automatically under the rules. The Hun reports the Suns will do this to ensure he's available for Rd 1.

Last edited:
A lower type made no sense while we had cross, boyd, cooney, griffen, gia etc up and going. I didn't support it and I think it was a mistake.

I think it makes far more sense now with cooney, griff, gia, cross gone and boyd on his last legs.
Panos from the SANFL? Ex-Bulldog who got best on ground in Norwoods GF win as a midfielder instead of a forward which is how he was recruited to us originally.

Big body, been in the system before and can play...

Rookie?

Could rookie Lower?

I mean he's already at Footscray, the players know and respect him, he will fly the flag, and he will be happy to be let loose back to foots after 3 years. Ideal person for this, and I don't think having him in that spot will 'steal' development from the younger players as his presence will just enhance the team bond and so their development.

Last edited:
Could rookie Lower?

I mean he's already at Footscray, the players know and respect him, he will fly the flag, and he will be happy to be let loose back to foots after 3 years. Ideal person for this, and I don't think having him in that spot will 'steal' development from the younger players as his presence will just enhance the team bond and so their development.

Lower is a poor man's M Boyd, ie his foot skills are even worse than Boyd. No way Lower should be on our list we can't afford another butcher of Boyd proportions. Don't care if he is the Dalai Lama, Obama and Churchill rolled into one.

Panos from the SANFL? Ex-Bulldog who got best on ground in Norwoods GF win as a midfielder instead of a forward which is how he was recruited to us originally.

Rookie?

I'd been thinking the same thing... although personally I never understood why we upgraded him to delist him nearly in the same breath... I would hate for another club to get the years of development that we put into him now that he's come good. Knowing our luck he'll probably get picked up by the GWS campaigners just to rub the salt into the wound...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie?
Apparently he has just recovered from dengue fever. That will surely set back his pre-season.
Unfortunately it might just be enough to ruin his draft chances too.

They don't have anyone on their mature aged list, so he gets upgraded automatically under the rules. The Hun reports the Suns will do this to ensure he's available for Rd 1.
Moving to the GC has massively stalled his career.
It might be in his best interests to move along.
Could be worth sounding out.

I have an idea to pick up Jack Hutchins and Jordan Kelly on our rookie
list to build depth between the arcs .Smith is probably a poor mans
Easton Wood, Brennan interests me more but why would you delist a
father son.

Id be looking for more mature guys who have shown they can play AFL football. Something Smith has done.

GREATER Western Sydney is set to re-sign key big man Adam Tomlinson, helping allay fears of a mass walk-out at the Giants.

The Herald Sun can reveal the 21-year-old is on the verge of a new deal that will keep the prized marking target at the Giants for at least the next two years.

The 193cm swingman is highly rated by Victorian clubs but will resist the temptation to follow close mate Dom Tyson home to Melbourne at the end of next season.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...-with-gws-giants/story-fndv8lf1-1227108865056

GREATER Western Sydney is set to re-sign key big man Adam Tomlinson, helping allay fears of a mass walk-out at the Giants.

The Herald Sun can reveal the 21-year-old is on the verge of a new deal that will keep the prized marking target at the Giants for at least the next two years.

The 193cm swingman is highly rated by Victorian clubs but will resist the temptation to follow close mate Dom Tyson home to Melbourne at the end of next season.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...-with-gws-giants/story-fndv8lf1-1227108865056
Excellent. Less cash for them to offer WHE.....:)

Kelly and Hutchins are terrible footballers, there's no way we should consider them. Hamling isn't much better, I was astonished Geelong picked him up that high in his draft year.

Only guy I'd look at signing as a DFA is Broughton. He's shown in the AFL that he's a capable half back flanker and inside mid.

I also like Yoda's suggestion of maybe rookie listing key defender Michael Hartley as well. I remember 3 years back, he kept Patton relatively quiet in one champs games even though his team got smashed. It was one of the better duals that I've seen in the U18's. Only thing is, his skills were pretty terrible then and not sure how much they have progressed since then. Still, we could do a lot worse for a back up key defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back