Neil Young about to unleash Crazy Horse

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't seem healthy lately. He canceled his Australian your last year and he was supposed to indict Pearl Jam into the HOF a month back. I hope he's ok.

It could be that he needs to rest from touring as he does so much.

On the subject of old rockers I noted that Tom Petty looked a bit off giving his Musicares speech (on you tube) we all know that his hand trembles due to crushing his right hand to powder in a moment of frustration in the mid 80's but his teeth were chattering just hoping it was just a cold or something. My fears were somewhat allayed when I saw more recent footage of TPATHB with Tom singing Refugee almost as good as the 79 original.

There's always a couple of his songs on my playlists, easily in my top half dozen favourite artists, certainly dont consider him underrated, is a legend of the industry even if he has pissed a lot of people off along the way.

On his health, he is 72 & had a stroke 4-5 years ago so he's not doing too bad for an ageing rocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always a couple of his songs on my playlists, easily in my top half dozen favourite artists, certainly dont consider him underrated, is a legend of the industry even if he has pissed a lot of people off along the way.

On his health, he is 72 & had a stroke 4-5 years ago so he's not doing too bad for an ageing rocker.
One of the all time greats. Still at the top of his game with Crazy Horse when he toured in 2013.

It could be that he needs to rest from touring as he does so much.

On the subject of old rockers I noted that Tom Petty looked a bit off giving his Musicares speech (on you tube) we all know that his hand trembles due to crushing his right hand to powder in a moment of frustration in the mid 80's but his teeth were chattering just hoping it was just a cold or something. My fears were somewhat allayed when I saw more recent footage of TPATHB with Tom singing Refugee almost as good as the 79 original.

My concerns for Tom petty sadly was right on. RIP Tom

Heard whispers of a nych alcamy tour DVD they were describing an epic 30 min like a hurricane played in geelong
It wasn't quite that long but it was certainly epic, one of the best live music experiences ever. I was in prime position in the very front section that was 10 metres deep directly in front of the stage.

It was about halfway through the set and Crazy Horse was playing Cinnamon Girl when the heavens opened, wind, lightning and thunder happening. They were finished Cinnamon Girl and Neil is pointing at the roof of the stage. we were thinking there must be a leak but he was pointing at an organ he wanted lowered so that he band could launch into Like a Hurricane.

As they played the storm peaked and the rain was bucketing on to the stage with lightning and blowing a gale,, it was like Neil was under a fire hose. The harder the storm raged the harder they played. At one point his guitar tech gave him a towel to wipe the rain off his black Les Paul so Neil starts using the towel to make an amazing sound as he's soloing. The band and the crowd all had a massive s**t eating grins. The storm finished as they finished Like a Hurricane they took a couple of minutes for the crew to dry off the stage and equipment before launching into Rocking in the Free World.

Good times!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

It wasn't quite that long but it was certainly epic, one of the best live music experiences ever. I was in prime position in the very front section that was 10 metres deep directly in front of the stage.

It was about halfway through the set and Crazy Horse was playing Cinnamon Girl when the heavens opened, wind, lightning and thunder happening. They were finished Cinnamon Girl and Neil is pointing at the roof of the stage. we were thinking there must be a leak but he was pointing at an organ he wanted lowered so that he band could launch into Like a Hurricane.

As they played the storm peaked and the rain was bucketing on to the stage with lightning and blowing a gale,, it was like Neil was under a fire hose. The harder the storm raged the harder they played. At one point his guitar tech gave him a towel to wipe the rain off his black Les Paul so Neil starts using the towel to make an amazing sound as he's soloing. The band and the crowd all had a massive s**t eating grins. The storm finished as they finished Like a Hurricane they took a couple of minutes for the crew to dry off the stage and equipment before launching into Rocking in the Free World.

Good times!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back