Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Where did he say that? I know nothing about this year's draft crop, I'm too busy focusing on next year's NFL draft since the Jaguars are 1-7.
Not a Broncos fan then?

Pickett said it in an interview during the draft combine IIRC

Dec 28, 2011
Denver
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not a Broncos fan then?

Pickett said it in an interview during the draft combine IIRC

I'm not even from Jacksonville, I'm from NYC. I want to punch 8 year old me in the face repeatedly.

EDIT-Did Pickett give a reason? Seems pretty random to be from WA and to have us as a preferred destination.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Did Pickett give a reason? Seems pretty random to be from WA and to have us as a preferred destination.
Said he wanted to play with Gary Ablett. But considering there are a few WA boys there too, it seems like a good choice. We have our first pick before either of the WA teams have theirs, so provided GWS doesn't ninja him, we're a shoe-in IMO. He's one of the few (only?) blokes in the draft that actually answered with their preferred club, so that's always good.

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
Wonder if the Suns see Hunt as more of a small defender rather than a tagger? Would be decent depth as either.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Need to rookie draft Fraser Thurlow now Bombers have left him go. Local lad with a massive unit. Wished we picked him up last year. Good ruckman in the making.

And a good replacement for Gorringe when had takes off at seasons end.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Need to rookie draft Fraser Thurlow now Bombers have left him go. Local lad with a massive unit. Wished we picked him up last year. Good ruckman in the making.

And a good replacement for Gorringe when had takes off at seasons end.
can see us getting him as a rookie. after gorringe leaves next year, with the way our ruckman have been getting injured, a local backup would be handy

Back