No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game day coach but can't develop a list into a Premiership list.

Should of won the flag with us in 98 and should of taken the Bulldogs to at least a Grand Final or two. But it was the work of someone else to develop the list that got both teams as far as they did under Eade before the drop happened.

Harsh cant agree with that

The 98 swans best midfielder did his knee for a start

Good game day coach but can't develop a list into a Premiership list.

Should of won the flag with us in 98 and should of taken the Bulldogs to at least a Grand Final or two. But it was the work of someone else to develop the list that got both teams as far as they did under Eade before the drop happened.
Always thought 98 was the one that got away. Kelly acl halfway thru year. Lost to bulldogs by 2 points in rd 21 or 22 which would have meant us finishing top2. Lost to crows in finals with mickey o and cresser both out of the game by quarter time. Not too sure it was eades fault though.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...eade-to-the-suns/story-fni5f6hd-1227105190040

EDDIE McGuire says Collingwood won’t release Rodney Eade to the Gold Coast until the Suns hand the Pies compensation for his loss.

“There will be no deal unless we are compensated. There is now a salary cap on administrations and I won’t be paying overs for a replacement,’’ McGuire said.

Love the way he says 'I'. Wouldnt it be the club that pays the wages. He is without a doubt the biggest wa##er involved in the afl at any level.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...eade-to-the-suns/story-fni5f6hd-1227105190040

EDDIE McGuire says Collingwood won’t release Rodney Eade to the Gold Coast until the Suns hand the Pies compensation for his loss.

“There will be no deal unless we are compensated. There is now a salary cap on administrations and I won’t be paying overs for a replacement,’’ McGuire said.

Compensation?

He is going for a senior position. Written in the rules he can go Scott free.

Always thought 98 was the one that got away. Kelly acl halfway thru year. Lost to bulldogs by 2 points in rd 21 or 22 which would have meant us finishing top2. Lost to crows in finals with mickey o and cresser both out of the game by quarter time. Not too sure it was eades fault though.
Nothing to do with Eade that one as we had a tough game in the wet against St Scum the week before, just getting up thanks to Mickey O and the Crows were very good

The hubris of Eddie knows no bounds.

VFL cabal try to tie up football property yet again.

I like how he now wants to decide how other people are able to spend the money that has been taxed by the AFL. The arrogance of the man leads him to believe that "Collingwoods tax money" is somehow still his to direct or have an interest in how it is used.

This is getting into weird territory.

My god, the gall. The arrogance. The selfish bias. He represents himself more than he represents that footy club. It's his opinion, his money, his decision... Until it's a bad decision, then it's someone else. Happy to throw people under buses or not play along to get his way. Makes me sick.

I still think 97 was worse. we were flying with about 5 rounds to go and then lockett got suspended in a nothing contest against the dees and then we lost to the saints at home after being more than 6 goals up near 1/2 time.just kind of limped into the finals and hit the dogs when they were full of confidence. but could see us doing really well up to that game at the mcg

anyway seems a very long time ago now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romero. Reminded me of an adult bully who plays local footy in order to hurt teenagers just trying to have fun.

Libba. To this day the only player I have seen actually booed while being carried off on a stretcher.

And no I wasn't booing. But I wasn't exactly in tears either.

Forget the Hawks. The Dogs played unsociable footy a decade before they even thought of trying it.

Hedgehodgy posting & tagging other posters at 2.30am suggests she may be battling where it really counts.

There's more to life than footy girl!

But here...............

malceski-kick-420x0.jpg

..................this "snap" may help you sleep!

Yes. It's ancient history of course. But any coach who was happy to delist Kirk a third time and let Goodes walk as a result personality differences and of having lost the ability to coach them needed to be shown the door. Full stop.

Having said that it was a long time ago and I'm not sure why our ex players are airing all of this now. :confused:

Eade played injured players. That is why we never won a premiership when he was coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back