Coaching Roundabout - Coaching structure for 2015 finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

I am prob in the minority but I dont see how any of them can stick around if the players are found guilty and cop bans.
Even if they didn't have knowledge dank was going outside of the boundaries of the WADA code?

Even if they didn't have knowledge, even if they were sidelined, it still would have happened on their watch. Anyone holding a position of responsibility over the players or the club as a whole would have to go. Senior coaching and conditioning staff, both doctors, heads of the football departments, CEO, chairman and the rest of the board.

That's Hird, Thompson, Robinson, Dank, Doctors Reid and De Morton, Hamilton, Corcoran, Robson, Evans, Little, and all other current board members bar Madden.

Last edited:

Even if they didn't have knowledge, even if they were sidelined, it still would have happened on their watch. Anyone holding a position of responsibility over the players or the club as a whole would have to go. Senior coaching and conditioning staff, both doctors, heads of the football departments, CEO, chairman and the rest of the board.

That's Hird, Thompson, Robinson, Dank, Doctors Reid and Reynolds, Hamilton, Corcoran, Robson, Evans, Little, and all other current board members bar Madden.
we stop there? Surely the AFL Executive and Commission would need to go too? They ran the entire operation while players in their competition were subject to cruel and dangerous experimentation.

I think the reality that was borne out by his time at Melbourne is that Neeld was absolutely not cut out for senior coaching. That likely affected his work across the joint- he was in over his head.

In a lesser role, as he had at Collingwood, he had a much better record. He was highly regarded there.

I sincerely doubt the club would have given him such a role if they really thought the sum of his contributions were going to be driving youngsters into the dirt.
Have worked with MN at Eastern, excellent quality football man.
He was on a hiding to nothing joining Melbourne directly AFTER the tanking dramas.
They were not ready for a man with a vision and techniques akin to nothing more than tough love.
Will be a great pick up for your team- would have liked it if he was about to give Chris Scott a hand at Geelong- not to be.

harvneeldreid_1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Craig leaves I wonder who we would get as new General football manager. Would have been good if the Dogs had this sorted earlier and we could have made a play for Neil Balme.

If Craig leaves I wonder who we would get as new General football manager. Would have been good if the Dogs had this sorted earlier and we could have made a play for Neil Balme.
Maybe we could poach him off the pies before his first day. We'd all drown in a tsunami of Eddie's tears but it would be worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back