News Tiger Hampson admits off-field challenges hurt his output

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy talks about how the loss of his father affected him and then says there are areas he wants to improve and posters take it as a chance to stick the boot in.

What a pack of campaigners!

Thats show business.

Goes with the territory I would have thought

Scrutiny is part and parcel of the limelight when one put themselves out there. Stars stand up, others fade away. Its the nature of the business!

No it's not Business, there is line that has been overstepped here.

I really don't want to contribute any more to such an embarrassing thread.....and this will be my last post. This sort of s**t really makes me think about my enjoyment and participation of this forum.

Hampson....

"It's stuff I've had to work on my whole career, but I'll really give it even more this year."

An attitude problem......yeah sure.

Im willing to say I supported the trade at the time, I remain in Hampsons corner and feel for the bloke, and it's more for the redecule he would encounter.

No it's not Business, there is line that has been overstepped here.

I really don't want to contribute any more to such an embarrassing thread.....and this will be my last post. This sort of s**t really makes me think about my enjoyment and participation of this forum.

Hampson....

"It's stuff I've had to work on my whole career, but I'll really give it even more this year."

An attitude problem......yeah sure.

Im willing to say I supported the trade at the time, I remain in Hampsons corner and feel for the bloke, and it's more for the redecule he would encounter.

Actually it is a business.

When Boyd goes to the Bulldogs on a multi million contract don't worry, it is a business!

RFC are in the business of entertaining and winning premierships!! Nothing is clearer.

All the players are getting paid to perform, Hampson is not special on that front!!.All players will face scrutiny like all players eventually will retire, move on or whatever!

If players cannot perform, or cope, its probably a sign for the mutual benefit of many stakeholders to possibly part ways like when we delisted those players end of 2014. RFC is not a lovefest!!. It operates in a high performance industry. If RFC has nothing to compete for to win it has no supporters with a cause!

To be fair, IMO, if any line was crossed it was done by Hampson. Hampson effectively said that his personal life could have affected his performance at RFC on the field. That effectively makes it RFC and its supporters business, because on-field team performance including the players is our business!

So some are not talking about his personal life but effects on his on field performance. Why do you think players who go batsgit off field get delisted?? Its not because they can't have a personal life I wouldn't think!!. Rather, its because of the effect on on-field performance surely of any off-field matters. RFC cares about winning premierships, or it should do. If players can have all night benders every day and still win the premiership within the rules and be sustainable what's the problem?

Last edited:
G'day guys just stumbled across this along my journeys.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-31/tiger-hampson-admits-offfield-challenges-hurt-his-output

Two staggering points

1."I think fitness is a big one. It's never been a strong point of mine, so I'm going to work hard on it in this pre-season and continue working on marking and goalkicking. "

What! He's worked out after 9 seasons that Aussies rules football requires you to be fit.Any wonder Mick was keen to get this guy of his list.:$

2."It's stuff I've had to work on my whole career, but I'll really give it even more this year.":mad:

So he has not been giving his all over the years,but collecting his pay cheque

Anyway I'm opening it up for your opinion guys.
Flower sniffers welcomed;)
You forgot to mention his father died.

People attacking Hampson's fitness base need to look at Dusty. He is now into his 6th AFL pre-season and still struggles to run a game out. Some players are just not built for endurance.

Also, Hampson was EXTREMELY raw when he was drafted. Much like Majak, he was drafted on what he could be, rather than what he was. The first couple of years would have been developing his skills and structures, whilst fitness was pushed to the side. At Carlton, with Warnock, and Kreuzer, he was never really required to play as a number 1 ruckman for most of the game, so him having a good fitness base was a little redundant if it couldn't be utilised, to which it wasn't.

Also, the death of a family member is going to screw with people, especially when you have a child on the way. He would have had less time to mourn and grieve than most people because his focus would have been on fatherhood. That would certainly be enough to mess any person up.

Give the guy a break.

This article would make a whole lot more sense with a subcaption.

Tiger Hampson admits off-field challenges hurt his output

"The realisation I wasn't very good at football really hit me hard"

Said it before and ill say it again was rucking very well when Maric was injured , needs to improve around the ground and up forward no doubt but that's non unusual for a Ruckman at that age at all , a very good tap ruckman who needs to improve in other areas .. same goes for a whole lot of teams back up ruck stocks , if you listened to his interview and actually believe he deserves to be bagged for anything he said .. you're a peanut .. he actually is very reluctant to say his Dads passing affected him on field when obviously it would affect anyone

Signed in just to say let's get behind him for an improved 2015.

The best businesses care about their employees and are able to get the best out of them during difficult times by showing compassion on a human level (leading to improved output down the track) - which is good for business.

The mind boggles at the attitude of some on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No issues from me. Good to hear he acknowledges he has some areas he wants to improve on. Good healthy attitude to have IMO!

Who really gives a *, he was recruited as insurance, not to play #1 ruck or #1 forward. It was our bad luck that Maric missed so many games.

There's just certain people who delight in negative articles about our team. They must be miserable w***ers in real life.

Let's face it we all have guys we think are hopeless (I didn't rate Jackson very highly). But that's not the same as thinking everything about the club is s**t.

Who really gives a ****, he was recruited as insurance, not to play #1 ruck or #1 forward. It was our bad luck that Maric missed so many games.

There's just certain people who delight in negative articles about our team. They must be miserable ******s in real life.

Let's face it we all have guys we think are hopeless (I didn't rate Jackson very highly). But that's not the same as thinking everything about the club is s**t.

and who is saying eveything about the club is s**t? Why do people get so sensitive and angry when some one has an opposing view or someone thinks something is more important than they do??? why do they feel it necessary to jump on some ones opinion... and then in the same post you mention you didnt rate jackson? Strange.

Hampson was recruited as best 22 player... Who was going to play WITH Maric. Thats what we were told. Thast what happened..... the fact is he isnt a best 22 player.... and for someone with limited ability to come out and say at aged 26 that he has to work harder is concerning IMO and worthy of discussion. You sir might have a different opinion. Do I hate Hampson? no.... Do I think the club was wrong to recruit him? yes. Do I hope he improves to a reasonable level? of course. Do I think he will? not when history is such a good guide.

Who really gives a ****, he was recruited as insurance, not to play #1 ruck or #1 forward. It was our bad luck that Maric missed so many games.

There's just certain people who delight in negative articles about our team. They must be miserable ******s in real life.

I wish people like you would look at the issue in discussion and discuss the OP. you're way off the mark and really out of character. Really if Hampsons attitude as discussed in my two points is to your standards then you really are the type that approves and accepts mediocrity

I wish people like you would look at the issue in discussion and discuss the OP. you're way off the mark and really out of character. Really if Hampsons attitude as discussed in my two points is to your standards then you really are the type that approves and accepts mediocrity

But joining in with the mob is so much fun....

But joining in with the mob is so much fun....
FFS these guys don't read they are so negative they even raised that people were ignoring his fathers passing
I feel for Hampson as he must have had a lot of deaths in his family over the last 8 years as he's been shix for all that time
Doesn't make sense my last statement,but that's what they're implying
Work it out bc I cannot nut as usual the points in the OP went straight over their heads

FFS these guys don't read they are so negative they even raised that people were ignoring his fathers passing
I feel for Hampson as he must have had a lot of deaths in his family over the last 8 years as he's been shix for all that time
Doesn't make sense my last statement,but that's what they're implying
Work it out bc I cannot nut as usual the points in the OP went straight over their heads

Its the mob mentality... its the fan bois mentality. Dont dare say a bad word against the club unless the mob agrees.

Last years excuse on Hampson was the Carlton didnt develop him, that he wasnt given a fair go blah blah blah. Now he's just a back up and we should just leave him alone???? which is exactly what us so called "negative" posters pointed out. He is a back up ruck... nothing more or nothing less.... and you dont waste a pick 32 on a player that s a back up ruck.
Now we are expected to wait and see AGAIN!! lol now we have to wait and let him get fit and work on his game before we make judgement on a player who has spent 8 years in the system.

Its the mob mentality... its the fan bois mentality. Dont dare say a bad word against the club unless the mob agrees.

Last years excuse on Hampson was the Carlton didnt develop him, that he wasnt given a fair go blah blah blah. Now he's just a back up and we should just leave him alone???? which is exactly what us so called "negative" posters pointed out. He is a back up ruck... nothing more or nothing less.... and you dont waste a pick 32 on a player that s a back up ruck.
Now we are expected to wait and see AGAIN!! lol now we have to wait and let him get fit and work on his game before we make judgement on a player who has spent 8 years in the system.
Well lets all hope the planets align and that Maric TV and Griffo don't suffer any serious injuries or have any other major tragedies

Well lets all hope the planets align and that Maric TV and Griffo don't suffer any serious injuries or have any other major tragedies

Dont forget TV has another couple of seasons before he has to work out he needs to work harder...

Griff is the one I am most excited about. He is taking some small steps.... just needs to click and realise he belongs. Not many players can kick 65 meters off 1 step .. accurately. Will be a weapon.

I really am looking forward to seeing both of these guys in 2015 as I believe they are both ready to go up a notch and are our X factor
For both of them to play It will all come down to whether one of them can keep Hampson out of the side
As he is going to be fitter and he's concentrating further on his marking and kicking for goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back