Syria 2014 - The Year Assad "Wins"?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think Iran has a nuke you are delusional.

Why would it be a crazy assertion to state that Iran has the bomb and is capable at making it at will if necessary?

Iran is quite an advance nation. They are independent, well educated, strong military apparatus, strong government, scientifically strong and well managed. Iranian on per captia is richer than nuclear states as Pakistan, India and NK. They have a strong civilian and military infrastructure and are capable of amassing a warhead if needed.

On the recent maps in Syria it seems the government is in a full offensive mode.

It seems the Syrian government/army has won in Damascus with a total siege of rebel in the Eastern Ghouta region. And they about to encircle the rebels in Aleppo and Deir Zor respectively. The assault in idlib province looks promising for the SAA as well. I

B0rY7afCIAElAQZ.png:large

BzhmZh6IYAA_gmT.jpg:large

Bzw0DxaCIAEXzdc.jpg

Why would it be a crazy assertion to state that Iran has the bomb and is capable at making it at will if necessary?

Iran is quite an advance nation. They are independent, well educated, strong military apparatus, strong government, scientifically strong and well managed. Iranian on per captia is richer than nuclear states as Pakistan, India and NK. They have a strong civilian and military infrastructure and are capable of amassing a warhead if needed.

Before you make such an assertion, I'd recommend you pick two examples that don't completely contradict eachother.

Which is it? do they have the nuke (at immense risk for no gain) or can they simply build one quickly (even though the CIA view Australia and Japan as a the likely nuclear threat in a 'doomsday' scenario i.e. Aus/Japan are the two non nuclear nations capable of putting one together very quickly)?

I agree that Iran is all those things, and they are also really smart at politics (Empire State of Mind.... Persians been around 7,000 years at minimum, don't forget) and have all the right demographics (religious, ostracised nationally, young, male).

The closest example to give you an idea of how invading any Iranian city would go would be Mogadishu. With millions of "skinnys" across 7-10 nations instead of a few thousand in one location in a city, including borders with Bahrain, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Russia, Pakistan, India, ISRAEL...

Declaring a war on Iran is declaring a war on the Shia (the guys who have been whopping the USA and co. around the middle east for decades now and counting) religion. they're already the poorest, the most ostracised and have the fewest rights of any major religion. They are quite literally born fighting at the moment.

America does have form in bombing tinpot dictators like Saddam and Ghaddafi (who they created, and can destroy) back to the stone age and leveraging an existing resistance against them.

They have a much tougher time using their bumpkin militias going up against anti-American populations headed by popularly supported leaders like say Ho Chi Minh or Mao Zedong or even Bashar Al Assad.

That would be the equivalent for Iran, but a lot messier and a lot more fanatical and with a LOT more dead Americans. The politicians in America would never go for it (Australia would though, we're idiots).

that said, we're both clearly just guessing and I enjoy the conversation - in a year ask me again and I might agree Iran are back in the firing line, but for now it all appears to be going the other way, and every international relations nerd/student/professor I know and have spoken to about it sees it the same way. Iran are just not a priority, Syria are but even then I think the US knows it can't get regime change there when the Iranians are pulling the strings.

Never forget how allied Iran, China and Russia are on international matters either.

Last edited:
On the recent maps in Syria it seems the government is in a full offensive mode.

It seems the Syrian government/army has won in Damascus with a total siege of rebel in the Eastern Ghouta region. And they about to encircle the rebels in Aleppo and Deir Zor respectively. The assault in idlib province looks promising for the SAA as well. I

Bingo. the Iranians and Syrians are moving hard because they want to control who wins.

If the Americans are siding with the "moderate" resistance, they are saying they want to capture ISIS cities and towns and hand them to a different group, and then pump that group up to take out Syria. They of course did not count on the SAA or the YPG being this damn good at killing ISIS (even with their fancy American weapons).

So now it's illegal to travel into the middle east where they don't want you seeing things with your own eyes.

The only information you will know will be that which is spoon fed to you.

Welcome to the future people.

Wait what is this about

Isn't that specific to designated terrorist groups and nations we're at war with?

I'm planning a trip, that's all. And as much as I respect them, I'm not running off to join the YPG.

Gives the government the right to restrict travel as they see fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha jeez this Houthi fellas don't mince words (the translation of their flag):

"God is Great, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back