Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a perfectly innocent question about peoples' preference - not intended to incite argument. I'll go back into my hole.
Oh, sorry I didn't mean for it to sound harsh - I can just see it starting to become a Brisbane vs Fitzroy thing all over again.

Looking at our home and away guernseys for this year, I think I prefer the away version. I don't think it's because of the Fitzroy connection (well, maybe sub-consciously), I just like the colours more. Anyone else prefer it?
PS: I am colour blind though.:(

i really dislike maroon as a colour it doesn't "go" with many other colours
to me red matches with more things
away jumper ordered here :)

Rocked by the Lions Shop this morning. Got a 2015 home jumper in my hot little hands now.

So nice to have the real lion back! The club song is printed into the inside of the back panel under the label, which I thought is a nice touch. As is the BBFFC and little lion beside it at the top on the back.

No watermarks on the retail jumpers, the watermark is on player issue only. So the only chance of owning that will be via jumper auctions through the year.

i really dislike maroon as a colour it doesn't "go" with many other colours
to me red matches with more things
away jumper ordered here :)

Personally I can't stand the red. An eye sore.

Would have preferred the old maroon and navy 'gorillas' colours for the Melbourne guernsey. Or better yet, play in our proper strip as often as possible.

If we make the finals and have to play in Melbourne, are we going to have to wear the red strip?

tbh I hate all variations of the guernsey and just wish the lads would run around with no guernsey on at all #yummy

I really like our Fitzroy red guernsey, that's the one I ordered when they announced the jumper change back to the original Lion. Love the colours, they really pop and just looks classy all-round.

That being said I still love our home guernsey. So glad it's back! #PrideInTheJumper

The Lions wear a red jumper every time they play in Victoria to recognise their Fitzroy history but what about the Bears? Some years they wear the old Bears jumpers and some years they don't which I think is wrong. It's the Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club after all. I think the Lions should start wearing the old BB Bears jumper every time they play a QClash at Metricon to signify the history of the Brisbane Bears. It's a perfect fit given the club spent their first six years in the league at that very stadium. To avoid a clash in jumpers they would need to wear the predominantly yellow jumper but I believe the Bears wore that jumper at home (Carrara) anyway. I also think this will help the rivalry of the QClash and bring back a nostalgic feeling to many fans. What do you guys think?

TWYOq2k.jpg

Just love this photo!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would certainly hope not! In finals we wear our proper home maroon jumper imo.

Couldn't agree anymore.

Playing in the Fitzroy Red during the home and away season is a nice little homage to the fitzroy faithful. But, if we were to play a finals game in melbourne. We should be wearing our Brisbane colors. Because, we are the brisbane lions, remember?

Couldn't agree anymore.

Playing in the Fitzroy Red during the home and away season is a nice little homage to the fitzroy faithful. But, if we were to play a finals game in melbourne. We should be wearing our Brisbane colors. Because, we are the brisbane lions, remember?

I thought we were the Brisbane Bears - Fitzroy Football Club. ;)

Oh dear. Like clockwork every few weeks this happens. Emotive language that only ends up chiseling apart the joint identity.

We're all it it together guys, it's we, not you and me.

Spot on. And geez I hate how it unfolds exactly the same way every time. Painfully predictable by a few people.

Boring and divisive. The ******* Lion is back ffs. We got Dayne Beams and Allen Christensen... yet some people still seem to have a minimum quota of complaint that has to be satisfied at all times.

On the question of finals, the away team is the away team and wears their away guernsey. Grand final is different, and both teams wear their home colours unless there is a clash, and then a compromise is sort (compromise being code for "non-Victorian team wears what they're told").
So in the case of the 2009 video TBD posted, WB finished the seaon 3rd and hosted us in the semi. We were the away team and as such wore our away strip.
Simple really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back