Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, no need to work a horrid defensive technique. No need at all.
That I think will come in time. Warner being an example but Maxwell is not a top order test batsman. Should aim to be an all-rounder

I sure hope those defending Maxwell after that truly s**t effort aren't the same ones who hack into Haddin for playing recklessly.

Just lol at anyone defending Maxwell after that.
Middle ground. No-one should defend the shot, and 37 wasn't what we needed.

But it was a promising innings, far more than what a lot of the other Aussie bats have shown on the tour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That I think will come in time. Warner being an example but Maxwell is not a top order test batsman. Should aim to be an all-rounder
Maxwell is 27 in a month, time is running out. As I mentioned above, a late Hussey run isn't an option because he's still dumb as s**t with no idea how to defend.

I sure hope those defending Maxwell after that truly s**t effort aren't the same ones who hack into Haddin for playing recklessly.

Just lol at anyone defending Maxwell after that.

How the hell is 37 a s**t effort when our best batsmen are struggling?

Maxwell is 27 in a month, time is running out. As I mentioned above, a late Hussey run isn't an option because he's still dumb as s**t with no idea how to defend.
Umm he just turned 26.....

If Maxwell improved his bowling and calmed down he would make a good #6 like Simmonds

I think this is a good comparison. Quite similar all-round games, with the bat, ball and in the field.

When Symonds was the same age as Maxwell (mid-2001), he had played just 44 ODIs and made just two ODI fifties (Maxwell has played 32 ODIs, and scored eight ODI fifties), and was still a couple of years away from his Test debut (early 2004), and didn't become a Test regular for another 18 months after that (late 2005-late 2008). Symonds went on to average 40 in Tests, including two centuries.

In that sense, Maxwell has time on his side, and could prove to be a useful Test player yet. Would like to see him get as much First Class cricket in as possible in the next couple of years.

Middle ground. No-one should defend the shot, and 37 wasn't what we needed.

But it was a promising innings, far more than what a lot of the other Aussie bats have shown on the tour.

Really?

Hit a few aggressive shots like everyone knows he can do and then got out slogging wildly.

When we were 500 runs behind

I think this is a good comparison. Quite similar all-round games, with the bat, ball and in the field.

When Symonds was the same age as Maxwell (mid-2001), he had played just 44 ODIs and made just two ODI fifties (Maxwell has played 32 ODIs, and scored eight ODI fifties), and was still a couple of years away from his Test debut (early 2004), and didn't become a Test regular for another 18 months after that (late 2005-late 2008). Symonds went on to average 40 in Tests, including two centuries.

In that sense, Maxwell has time on his side, and could prove to be a useful Test player yet. Would like to see him get as much First Class cricket in as possible in the next couple of years.
Have any bowling comparisons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back